Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #1621
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Hopper is going to get better and better throughout the season. He'll get a win this year.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #1622
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Hopper is going to get better and better throughout the season. He'll get a win this year.
He'll get a podium. Not a win
Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #1623
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I bet you a dollar.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #1624
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

You're on!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #1625
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post

I'm 19 yrs old

You just made my point. Grow up, kid.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #1626
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Okay thats fine with me You can tell me that I'm retarded and have no balls but I really dont care. Im trying to stay in my parents favor. If I bought a bike without their permission then I would get in trouble. Ever heard the saying dont bite the hand that feeds? Thats what Im avoiding. I am respectful to my parents and understand their concern for my well being and I know why they dont want me to have a bike.

Secondly, the reason I didnt buy that bike was not because I was scared of it, but because my financial needs weren't as right as I thought. I have a car payment and i am setting my priorities straight for my future to ensure that I have money for college and what else may come my way. Yes, I want a bike but I want to make sure that I get thru life without any trouble. If I remember correctly, you used the money you got for college for your bike and you have yet to gain it back in its entirety.

Lastly, Im not saying that Im better than you or anyone else and I hate that you have gotten so pissy over the subject but Im trying to get all my ducks in a row so to speak. If you go thru life without your priorities in line you will ultimately fall and lose what you have in the long run. I like to have money in the bank in case I need money for college and so that once I save up enough I can have both. Just because you have a bike means nothing but you have a bike. Yes they're fun and I cant wait to get one but you have to realize that there are more important things in life than spending your college funds to have fun.

I am on two. I have a dirtbike. I am a mommas boy? So be it. At least I have dignity. I would hate to go thru life only for my parents to say that I was a rebellious kid that thought only of himself. I have found that, while my permisions of my parents are limited, my parents eventually trust me enough to let make my own decisions. The fact that you disobey your parents shows just how hard life is going to be on you. I have no regrets from not getting what I want. I have parents that put a roof over my head and feed me and in return I give them the respect they deserve. Plus I could care less if I spelled hilareous wrong. This is a forum not a English class. I would like to go on but I have to stop right now. The water in the bath is running and I have to get my rubber ducky.
Well for starters your fiancial status would be alot better if you didnt go and buy that brand new mustang when you were only 17 and in college. That is about the worst financial move you could make. What are you paying monthly for the car and insurance nearly 500? Thats alot of money that you could of been used for a bike or saved for college as you keep saying your doing.

Now about my the money i used for my bike that wasn't college money it was my money i had earned for a bike. i saved that money up over a 6 month period. the money you are refering to was the 5k that was in a CD that expired and i had to take it out. that money i used over the course of 2 yrs for necessities as all the things that have to be changed on a vehicle to keep it running as in Gas,Oil,Tires,A/C Belts, Battery,and Alternator. all those things have been changed in the last 2 yrs on my truck. if you add it up Gas annually for my truck is about $2,100 then an alternator is $250 then there is the oil every 2 months which is about $400 then the tires were $300 and the belts were $75 now thats a grand total of $3,350. Now the rest of the money is in a CD account at North West Georgia bank. Which doesnt expire till next September 2009. The whole time i worked at Sport Barn i never made much money just enough to eat and have some fun. I got paid by-weekly and never made more than 150 and was never able to get more hours. Most of that money went to food and misc. items. So you may not think your in debt but your car payment is considered debt and its a good 16,000 of debt for an 18 yr old college student. I have no debt at all not one payment. Then you say your saving money for this and not spending money here but then you go and buy $700 set of wheels for your Stang. Now they do look good ill give you that but come on thats some expensive tires for someone thats saving for a bike and school and paying for a car. sounds like a stupid move to me.

Well my parents disagree with me having a bike and very much dislike it but its my choice and on a level they do respect that. They realize they cant treat me like a kid anymore like your mom does you. They may still want me to get rid of the bike and will never like it but at one point Aaron you have to make some decisions on your own with out your parents consent. Now im not telling you to go and buy a bike like i did cause that did cause some trouble but you need to man up a bit and actually become somewhat independent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
No, we all would not have been doing the same thing. Most of us around here are grown up enough to make intelligent decisions and think for our selves. You were following the crowd. thats real bad ass right thar.

If you were well inside your comfort level, mr kinevel, then why was your adrenaline pumping like a first time heroin user.
To tell us that you were within your comfort level doing this stupid riding only tells us that you do this shit all the time and are used to it, which you dont. So you contradicted yourself.

I think you're salty that you broke down and bought a bike you're not really happy with , while upshift is waitin to get something he really wants. huge maturity difference there.

you are acting like such a squid. Just consider this for once second...

You may actually learn something by considering the possibility that you are wrong, and not impressing anybody. we're only trying to help you.
Just cause i was getting a thrill from it doesn't mean i wasn't in my comfort level. I like the adrenal feeling.

Now for a first bike mine is fine. It's done me well and i haven't spent a penny on it. All that happened to it was and oil problem which the warranty fixed and the tank had to be replaced because of rust which was also covered by the warranty. I like my bike very much. I got a very good deal on a low mile brand new 07 with a 2 yr warranty and i don't regret it at all. It has larger wheels than a Ninja which gives me better grip in the turns and has more low end torque which is nice. Now it does have a problem but im going to get that fixed as well then ill sell. I am very happy with this bike and its done good by me and ive learned alot from it.

And thanks for the help, but what are you helping besides I did it and its over. I know yall are trying to keep me safe and i thank you but hell its freaking done with leave it be. I know it was risky and dangerous.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #1627
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
yea, i just get so fuckin pissed that my team is bein a little bitch.

Dropped LCR honda. They blow nuts.
Dropped hopkins. Hes only going to be average this season
Picked up melandri. i got high hopes for the ducs this year.
I saw the Estoril race Sunday and Hopkins didnt look like he was doing well this season. That was the first race Ive seen all season Ive been slacking off but I thought he would be good this year. So much for hoping
Old 04-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #1628
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
Well for starters your fiancial status would be alot better if you didnt go and buy that brand new mustang when you were only 17 and in college. That is about the worst financial move you could make. What are you paying monthly for the car and insurance nearly 500? Thats alot of money that you could of been used for a bike or saved for college as you keep saying your doing.
My response in short:

At the time I bought the Mustang I had no intent of buying a bike until 21, but I still wanted one. Bug bit me again and I am looking again.

Insurance is nowhere near $500 a month either.

I am still saving even with the car payment. After taxes and all I make more than enough to pay for the car and then some. Im just tired of paying for it thats all. I made a mistake and I will get whats coming to me.

Last edited by upshift; 04-14-2008 at 03:46 PM..
Old 04-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #1629
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
My response in short:

At the time I bought the Mustang I had no intent of buying a bike until 21, but I still wanted one. Bug bit me again and I am looking again.

Insurance is nowhere near $500 a month either.

I am still saving even with the car payment. After taxes and all I make more than enough to pay for the car and then some. Im just tired of paying for it thats all. I made a mistake and I will get whats coming to me.
I meant combined payment+Insurance
Old 04-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #1630
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I'd go and straight whoop this doods ass if I was you. He's being a total prick and a disrespectful son of a bitch. Ass whoop him, Upshift.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Closed Thread