Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

View Poll Results: Will you stay at the Blairsville Holiday Inn for the meet in Suches GA May 8-10?
Yes I'm staying there 13 43.33%
No, I'm either not coming or will have other accomodations. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #161
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah and once you get into the country you'll slow down as the roads get twisty... but you'll also be hitting these as the sun goes down... VERY intresting riding if you've never done it...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #162
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
yeah and once you get into the country you'll slow down as the roads get twisty... but you'll also be hitting these as the sun goes down... VERY intresting riding if you've never done it...
Good points, hopefully we make good time on the slabs so were doing good timewise. As far as riding in the dark down there I am up for it. First time i ran the dragon was in complete darkness after riding for about 500 miles on my TL it was like a burst of adrenaline when I realized I was on it. I was smarter about it though. I was going to check out from our group (trailering the bikes down) and start railing but thought it wouldnt be a good idea. After riding it again in the light I saw I made the right choice

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #163
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

some of us can make 100 miles in one hour so 12 hours to cover 600 miles is a bit much of a over estimate on the travel time

i am beginning to think alot of ppl would hate to ride with me....

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #164
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Suches is almost 800 miles from my house, and I'm thinking I could do that trip in about 15 hours, maybe 16. And thats at a very steady pace. Also take into account a 15-20 miute break every 1.5 to 2 hours, plus during that time at least two long stops for meals each of which would take at least an hour.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #165
derf
token jewboy

Or the other option is that I do have a truck, and if someone has a trailer I could pull a few bikes and people, and we ride comfortable...
Old 01-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #166
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

my reasoning for wanting to start trailoring more, to have a tire that will stick worth a damn and make the ride fun at the destination gets expensive fast when you ride 800 miles one way

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #167
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Suches is almost 800 miles from my house, and I'm thinking I could do that trip in about 15 hours, maybe 16. And thats at a very steady pace. Also take into account a 15-20 miute break every 1.5 to 2 hours, plus during that time at least two long stops for meals each of which would take at least an hour.

We can do it faster than that even. I rode home from deals gap (close to 880 miles) in 14 hrs and that was with hitting DC traffic and waiting out some rain under 2 overpasses. if we do 70 to 80 on the highways with stops every 2 hrs or so we will be good. I do get alittle stubborn in that I will put my head down and get to a destination no matter what too so that can be good or bad.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #168
derf
token jewboy

I did DC to the FL border in one day, and while I didnt have a problem with the 700 mile ride, I felt it in my shoulders and back when I rode for a few days after.I also noticed that after the initial 500 miles I slowed down quite a bit, and the 15 minute stops toward the end turned into one hour stops, and instead of every 2 hours we were stopping every hour. Its not hard, just that it would be easier to drive
Old 01-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #169
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I'm Down to Ride...The whole reason of me going was to take a Roadtrip ON THE BIKE...Granted I'm sure 500 Miles in I'll be like Wheres the Fucking Truck...I'll enjoy every mile of it.

And Tommy, Leaving early sounds like the best bet. I'd rather get there a little early and hang out a bit before the rally Starts.

I'm getting excited thinking about it!! I gotta start getting the bike ready I need at least the tail bags that Ebbs had on the ZZR...and a backpack. I'll be packing light
Old 01-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #170
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

hmmm... at a little over 1400 miles, I wouldn't be riding, especially if comonboys comes along. That means I have to find a trailer, or SQUEEZE 2 bikes and everything into my pickup.
I will have to see closer to the date if I would be able to make it or not, depends on training for our upcoming mission if I will be able to get away or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote