Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #171
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Is there anyway to bitch and moan to get a new phone at discounted price. There's a lot of bitchers on here so let me hear the secret. I want the X but I got the Droid during this winter so they'll pull that you cant upgrade bullshit.

Orrrrrrr.......if someone on here is with Verizon and is up for an update and would like to help me out. I'll give you the money to get the X and I'll give you my Droid.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 07-15-2010 at 01:08 AM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #172
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Playing with flash yesterday, got a bunch of the adult swim games to play (robot unicorn attack, fantasy telemarketer, 5mil miles from earth) still haven't quite figured out how to play .swf games from the sdcard though not even giving the browser a direct path to the file name
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #173
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I found tigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNvr9dQ0_s
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #174
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I just had a great idea. Jave any of yall used one of those remote pc apps to annoy someone at home? I was thinking like leaving the speakers turned way up and playing some scary sound file or movies. Also turning shit on and off to freak someone out.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #175
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I just had a great idea. Jave any of yall used one of those remote pc apps to annoy someone at home? I was thinking like leaving the speakers turned way up and playing some scary sound file or movies. Also turning shit on and off to freak someone out.
Never used it as a prank but if you set up VNC on a computer you could do anything with it.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #176
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Damn.......Too bad, as it can actually fit in a pocket, unlike the X, Evo, or Incredible. Everything is going supersize now.

Google quietly kills its once-hyped Nexus One phone
By Doug Gross, CNN
| Filed under: Mobile

(CNN) -- With the eyes of the technology world squarely on Apple's iPhone 4, Google quietly announced it will stop selling the Nexus One, its first and possibly only foray into the smartphone world.

In a two-paragraph post on its official blog, Google's Nexus One team said the next shipment of the phones will be the last.

"Once we sell these devices, the Nexus One will no longer be available online from Google," according to the post.

The announcement was made Friday, the same day that Apple CEO Steve Jobs held a news conference to announce the company's solution for reception problems with the popular iPhone 4.

Running on Google's Android operating system, the Nexus One was released in January to mostly positive reviews from the tech blogosphere. Early users compared it favorably to the iPhone and liked the ability to buy the phone, albeit for more money, without a data plan from a particular service provider.

But sales were anemic, with the phone selling only 135,000 units in roughly the same time it took the iPhone and the Droid -- Motorola's phone that runs the Android system -- to sell 1 million.

Many blamed Google's experimental try at selling the Nexus One only in its online store. The company abandoned that approach in May, offering the phone in brick-and-mortar stores for the first time.

With the announcement, Google seems satisfied to write off the Nexus One as a tool to experiment with Android's features.

Recently, the search engine giant has been pushing Android users to phones made by other manufacturers, such as the HTC Droid Incredible. May's announcement mentioned both the Incredible, for Verizon customers, and the HTC Evo 4G from Sprint as phones that have benefited from advances made on the Nexus One.

The new Droid X from Motorola has most of the Android buzz now. It was released last week to positive reviews and is selling out online and in many retail stores.

Google's blog post said that it will continue to make the Nexus One available to Android developers so they have something to use while writing apps for the mobile platform.

Last edited by Homeslice; 07-19-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #177
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Damn.......Too bad, as it can actually fit in a pocket, unlike the X, Evo, or Incredible. Everything is going supersize now.
Where are you getting this from? There are like 3 largish phones on the market, and you keep referencing the Giant Phone Armageddon of 2010.

HTC hasn't forgotten about grown men with tiny hands, they made the Aria just for guys like you.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #178
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:

Google quietly kills its once-hyped Nexus One phone
By Doug Gross, CNN
| Filed under: Mobile

(CNN) -- With the eyes of the technology world squarely on Apple's iPhone 4, Google quietly announced it will stop selling the Nexus One, its first and possibly only foray into the smartphone world.

In a two-paragraph post on its official blog, Google's Nexus One team said the next shipment of the phones will be the last.

"Once we sell these devices, the Nexus One will no longer be available online from Google," according to the post.

The announcement was made Friday, the same day that Apple CEO Steve Jobs held a news conference to announce the company's solution for reception problems with the popular iPhone 4.

Running on Google's Android operating system, the Nexus One was released in January to mostly positive reviews from the tech blogosphere. Early users compared it favorably to the iPhone and liked the ability to buy the phone, albeit for more money, without a data plan from a particular service provider.

But sales were anemic, with the phone selling only 135,000 units in roughly the same time it took the iPhone and the Droid -- Motorola's phone that runs the Android system -- to sell 1 million.

Many blamed Google's experimental try at selling the Nexus One only in its online store. The company abandoned that approach in May, offering the phone in brick-and-mortar stores for the first time.

With the announcement, Google seems satisfied to write off the Nexus One as a tool to experiment with Android's features.

Recently, the search engine giant has been pushing Android users to phones made by other manufacturers, such as the HTC Droid Incredible. May's announcement mentioned both the Incredible, for Verizon customers, and the HTC Evo 4G from Sprint as phones that have benefited from advances made on the Nexus One.

The new Droid X from Motorola has most of the Android buzz now. It was released last week to positive reviews and is selling out online and in many retail stores.

Google's blog post said that it will continue to make the Nexus One available to Android developers so they have something to use while writing apps for the mobile platform.
While loose change and condoms may be appropriate for those little subpockets on your jeans, cell phones are not.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #179
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

There is nothing wrong with putting a phone in your pants pocket, as long as they are not tight pants, but who wears those except emo's?

And also, jacket pockets are nice to use as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

HTC hasn't forgotten about grown men with tiny hands, they made the Aria just for guys like you.
And does it have a comparable feature set? Since it isn't the flagship, I doubt it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #180
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with putting a phone in your pants pocket, as long as they are not tight pants, but who wears those except emo's?

And also, jacket pockets are nice to use as well.

And does it have a comparable feature set? Since it isn't the flagship, I doubt it.
You misread