Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #171
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
OMG! I would be in fucking jail! These motherfuckers need to burn!!! I'm glad you took that pic, it's too bad you didn't catch that at their lot. It's really amazing in a way how stupid they are for allowing you to even take the bikes after they dropped them. Don't these idiots realize that you could have been killed if your bikes sustained damage that would cause the handling, brakes, etc to fail? I don't know if you've called these guys yet Dave, but I would also give them a call if I were you!
mine we dont have proof for, derf's we do. mine was also free to fix. bad thing is torilynne told me this was gonna happen when they put it on the truck. not that i could do anything about it at the time either. current evidence is now suggesting that all the issues on my bike occured from the trailering experience, and not some someone abusing it. derf's i honestly believe to have fallen over. or some such similar abuse
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 07-05-2009 at 04:32 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #172
torilynne
Burrito Goddess

Moto: 88 Hawk 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
bad thing is torilynne told me this was gonna happen when they put it on the truck.
i.e......i was right! yes that makes my day lol

anyways now that thats outta my system i honestly think that the way they had them standing up on the trailer was basically them being strapped in every which direction and then strapped together and because of this when they tried taking them off the trailer(which was wet) one of them started to tip over and took the other one with it but they prolly caught daves since his doesnt have any dents or scratches.

also gotta keep in mind that that night the guy had to have the cop help him get the bikes up there because the trailer was too wet and the bikes were slipping down so its not impossible that the same thing also couldve happened when taking the bikes off.

just a thought

I will not spill the drinks-not even a drop, I will not drop the pizza, I will give them the money at the bridge--I am proud to be....a professional bitch rider. (RETIRED)
torilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #173
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
OMG! I would be in fucking jail! These motherfuckers need to burn!!! I'm glad you took that pic, it's too bad you didn't catch that at their lot. It's really amazing in a way how stupid they are for allowing you to even take the bikes after they dropped them. Don't these idiots realize that you could have been killed if your bikes sustained damage that would cause the handling, brakes, etc to fail? I don't know if you've called these guys yet Dave, but I would also give them a call if I were you!
These guys refuse to talk to me now, and they argued that they didnt do anything at their lot.

I'm going to file the civil suit tommorrow after I stop at a few body shops to get estimates to bring with me.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #174
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
These guys refuse to talk to me now, and they argued that they didnt do anything at their lot.

I'm going to file the civil suit tommorrow after I stop at a few body shops to get estimates to bring with me.
kk check your adjusters man
TWF Post whore #6
Old 07-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #175
derf
token jewboy

Yeh i did, everything looks alright
Old 07-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #176
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I can't believe that. How did the rear wheel move over? NUTS!

Did you fix the front alignment? Or was that not really off it was just the front compensating for the rear?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #177
derf
token jewboy

Its the way they tied them upthey ratcheted the frotn and read wheels to the truck and threw a strap over the bikes then they tied down the handle bars. I told the driver that he was gonna mess up the bikes but he didnt do anything
Old 07-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #178
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

That's when you pull out your piece place it to his temples and ask him to kindly not make you turn his head into a conoe!

That is one thing I loved about the chop. The one time I had it towed. The flat bead truck driver let me do all the work. I even used my own straps (had them ran up from home by the wife). Something about telling them its a $50k chop that changes their POV. Granted I was just broke down and you situation is way different.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #179
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I can't believe that. How did the rear wheel move over? NUTS!

Did you fix the front alignment? Or was that not really off it was just the front compensating for the rear?
i was compensating with the front. Its kinda a shame, i was gonna see f anyone on the local craigslist wanted to trade straight up my bike for a black 1st gen zx10r
Old 07-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #180
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Jeez. This is becoming more and more of a mess. Dave, are you sure there's no possible way of showing proof that the issue(s) with your bike stemmed from it being towed? Think outside the box.....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote