Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #171
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I'm sorry that I didn't spell it out.

I realize that servers don't make a lot of money and I know that tipping is part of the deal.

Shitty service = shitty tip

Average service = average tip

Stellar service = very good tip

Is that clear enough for the naysayers?
I agree. People look at people and say this person looks like a good tipper and this one doesn't. Maybe they are pre judging the customer before getting to the table and then treating them poorly because they expect a poor tip.

If you work for tips or commission (which I do) always give amazing service. You might not get a great tip that time (some people are cheap, some are just assholes) but if you always treat that person great each and every time they might change. Also your other tables can see how your treating that table as well.

A tip is earned.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #172
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Maybe, just maybe, if your a waiter and cant make ends meet without tips, then you should get another job.

Waiters up here are paid minimum wage by law. They do get tips (eastern canadians tip well), but if you have to rely on it, find something else.

No way i'd work for 2 dollars and hour, thats just a bit better than slavery.

Last edited by Apoc; 11-17-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #173
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Not trying to, I just like to argue.

The tip is what gets you stellar service when you go out to eat, its not because people enjoy bringing you food. If restaurants start paying minimum wage to get away from the tip system you are going to get the absolute worst service any time you go out to eat or go to the bar.
You have that backwards. Steller service is what gets you a great tip. You know your wage when you apply for a job. You negotiate a wage. When you agree to that you do your job for that amount.

With serving tables you don't negotiate your pay before you start. You work hard to earn a great pay. Not everyone has the same pay scale just like other jobs.

If you want a set pay you have to take a job paying one. If you want the "chance" to make more you take a job paying tips or commission.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #174
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

James, what r you doing now?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #175
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Maybe, just maybe, if your a waiter and cant make ends meet without tips, then you should get another job.

Waiters up here are paid minimum wage by law. They do get tips (eastern canadians tip well), but if you have to rely on it, find something else.

No way i'd work for 2 dollars and hour, thats just a bit better than slavery.
Funny thing is some of the wait staff in the high end restaurants make some damn good money waiting tables but thye know their stuff about the food and beverages. And do have to kiss some ass but thats the case for any server.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #176
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Funny thing is some of the wait staff in the high end restaurants make some damn good money waiting tables but thye know their stuff about the food and beverages. And do have to kiss some ass but thats the case for any server.

tom
most def. buddy of mine works at a top flite steakhouse, he makes $70-80k taxable..... alot is cash, so i'm not sure how much he really makes.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #177
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:

tom
I ate at an awesome steak house about a month ago. Really F'n expensive, but this waiter knew his shit. He was great.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #178
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
James, what r you doing now?
Doing sales in an electronic store.

James
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #179
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I ate at an awesome steak house about a month ago. Really F'n expensive, but this waiter knew his shit. He was great.
As opposed to the clowns at chillis that cant even remember what beer is on tap.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #180
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
As opposed to the clowns at chillis that cant even remember what beer is on tap.

Tom
That is the worst. Fuckers. I've been a few places and ask whats on tap and come to find out they didn't even tell me all my options. Ass hats.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote