Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

View Poll Results: Will you stay at the Blairsville Holiday Inn for the meet in Suches GA May 8-10?
Yes I'm staying there 13 43.33%
No, I'm either not coming or will have other accomodations. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #171
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I'm Down to Ride...The whole reason of me going was to take a Roadtrip ON THE BIKE...Granted I'm sure 500 Miles in I'll be like Wheres the Fucking Truck...I'll enjoy every mile of it.

And Tommy, Leaving early sounds like the best bet. I'd rather get there a little early and hang out a bit before the rally Starts.

I'm getting excited thinking about it!! I gotta start getting the bike ready I need at least the tail bags that Ebbs had on the ZZR...and a backpack. I'll be packing light

I'd strap that back pack to the tail... or pack it REALLY LIGHT... that long a trip with the extra weight on your shoulders will wear on ya...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #172
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Well I'm not sure I actually may need it...I plan on getting the Cortech Tail bag you had/Plus the Saddle bags...Obviously you have first hand experience...How much shit can those things hold??
Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #173
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
hmmm... at a little over 1400 miles, I wouldn't be riding, especially if comonboys comes along. That means I have to find a trailer, or SQUEEZE 2 bikes and everything into my pickup.
I will have to see closer to the date if I would be able to make it or not, depends on training for our upcoming mission if I will be able to get away or not...
you could probably talk to members and find places to crash on the way down... Crazy (where's he been?) lives in Champaign... and Capt'n lives in Indy...

and a Uhaul rental of a trailer in town is cheap.. you'd just have to pay for extra milage. or do two one way rentals... it's costing me $550 to rent a 6x8 and drive from AK to Mississippi...
Old 01-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #174
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I'd strap that back pack to the tail... or pack it REALLY LIGHT... that long a trip with the extra weight on your shoulders will wear on ya...
Truth. Comonboys loaded up a back pack HEAVY when we went to Duluth. I ended up wearing it most of the way as she got tired of it. Ended up strapping it on the bike for the return trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #175
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
you could probably talk to members and find places to crash on the way down... Crazy (where's he been?) lives in Champaign... and Capt'n lives in Indy...

and a Uhaul rental of a trailer in town is cheap.. you'd just have to pay for extra milage. or do two one way rentals... it's costing me $550 to rent a 6x8 and drive from AK to Mississippi...
I know enough people with trailers, that wouldn't be the issue.
As for the drive, it would only be 2 days tops. 1 if I could convince comonboys to drive some.
But depending on the trailer I got, could possilby hook up with someone on the way down if they didn't want to ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #176
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Truth. Comonboys loaded up a back pack HEAVY when we went to Duluth. I ended up wearing it most of the way as she got tired of it. Ended up strapping it on the bike for the return trip.
Yeah I mean the backpack would just be T shirts and some Bathroom shit. But if the Cortech luggage can suffice I will def just roll with that
Old 01-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #177
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Well I'm not sure I actually may need it...I plan on getting the Cortech Tail bag you had/Plus the Saddle bags...Obviously you have first hand experience...How much shit can those things hold??
A SHIT TON. I had more than enough stuff for my entire trip. you should be completely fine... I didn't really have much packed in the tail bag... I had my laptop and just some cords and external hd. the saddle bags had my clothes, shoes, toiletries...

but I severely over packed... I'd pack 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of tennis shoes, some underwear, 3 or 4 pair of socks, and that's about it... if I were to do that entire trip again... as everywhere I stayed I had access to a washer and dryer.

after all... all that weight could mean the diffrence between a sick wheelie to show off... and looping it 800 miles from home...
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #178
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
A SHIT TON. I had more than enough stuff for my entire trip. you should be completely fine... I didn't really have much packed in the tail bag... I had my laptop and just some cords and external hd. the saddle bags had my clothes, shoes, toiletries...

but I severely over packed... I'd pack 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of tennis shoes, some underwear, 3 or 4 pair of socks, and that's about it... if I were to do that entire trip again... as everywhere I stayed I had access to a washer and dryer.

after all... all that weight could mean the diffrence between a sick wheelie to show off... and looping it 800 miles from home...
Lol. I'll def keep that in Mind, MY Only issue is, I'm thinking about Riding down to Suches, Then going to Myrtle Bike week to meet up with my buddies going to that...so I'd be on the bike for about a week...but I'm sure I can suffice and just find a place to wash my shit somewhere.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #179
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

OR... just get the address of the hotel... SHIP your stuff you're gonna take to Myrtle... then when you get there... ship the stuff you brought to Suches back... and take the Myrtle stuff with ya.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #180
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Your always a thinker Ebbs...