Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #181
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
As opposed to the clowns at chillis that cant even remember what beer is on tap.

Tom
Nothing pisses me off more than this when i go into a restaurant.Now I usually stop by the bar on my way to being seated so I know what's on tap.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #182
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
That is the worst. Fuckers. I've been a few places and ask whats on tap and come to find out they didn't even tell me all my options. Ass hats.
same here, the can remeber bud coors light and maybe heinekin after that I am bette roff going and looking at the taps myself.

One tried to hype up a beer (not realizing I am a noted beer geek) and got all of it wrong. I sort of corrected him but stopped since hes bringing me my food

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #183
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Nothing pisses me off more than this when i go into a restaurant.Now I usually stop by the bar on my way to being seated so I know what's on tap.
I try to glance, but I still ask in case there's something I didn't catch on my way in.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #184
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
That is the worst. Fuckers. I've been a few places and ask whats on tap and come to find out they didn't even tell me all my options. Ass hats.
How much did you tip them?
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #185
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I agree. People look at people and say this person looks like a good tipper and this one doesn't. Maybe they are pre judging the customer before getting to the table and then treating them poorly because they expect a poor tip.

If you work for tips or commission (which I do) always give amazing service. You might not get a great tip that time (some people are cheap, some are just assholes) but if you always treat that person great each and every time they might change. Also your other tables can see how your treating that table as well.

A tip is earned.

James
Good post
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #186
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I deliver pizza three days a week in Mississippi. We have a lot black people here, and they don't tip fuck-all. Additionally, the black tech school students on base from all over the country don't tip. The black delivery drivers where I work bitch about taking deliveries to black people because they know they aren't getting shit. My boss is black and when we have this conversation he tells me how he tips every time and that no all black people are like that. We went to a going away luncheon today - guess who didn't tip. My old supervisor put it simply a while back when he said "Of course they don't tip - you owe them something."

I had a black guy argue with me about tipping once on a run. I pulled up to his 250k house with an Escalade, a Mercedes and a BMW parked out front, the house I had to drive five miles and twenty minutes to one way in 1700 traffic. He walked to the door and on an order that was $26 and something handed me exact change, then said "That's all you, playa." It had been a long day so I said "Hey, thanks for the tip pal." He got real frosty and told me in no uncertain terms that my tip was included in the price. I told the guy that no, my tip is not in fact included with the order price. There's a two dollar delivery charge of which 38 cents is mine to cover my gas, as well as 4.5% of your total order price. I work for minimum wage and by the way, we're on a split wage so for the 40 minutes I'm on the delivery to your faraway mansion I'm actually working for $2.50 an hour, and in spite of you being a complete ass clown your pizza was hot and at your door in half he time we quoted you, and do you really fucking think I did all that for $1.55 when gas is $5 a gallon? He started getting really pissed so I let him run on for a minute and then told him not to order from us any more. He still can't and this was forever ago.

And as for being poor, if you can't afford three dollars for the pizza guy then you don't need to spend thirty dollars to have it delivered. Save some money and eat hamburger helper or come get it your goddam self.

Some people will never get it.

I always tip the pizza guy $5... the store is 3/4 of a mile away... and they are alway fast/friendly and the pizza is always hot (yeah, I could just go get the thing but I LIKE having it delivered).

A few years ago I went to dinner with my family. One of the aunts bought and honestly forgot to leave ANYTHING! The waitress chased us out in the parking lot, asked us if we meant to NOT tip her. My poor aunt was mortified and tipped her quite nicely...

I don't know about the skin color thing but when I was waitressing the worst tip I ever got was from a couple of guys who said I was the best waitress they ever had then proceeded to leave me a dollar... on a $30 tab. I was speechless.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #187
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I agree. People look at people and say this person looks like a good tipper and this one doesn't. Maybe they are pre judging the customer before getting to the table and then treating them poorly because they expect a poor tip.

If you work for tips or commission (which I do) always give amazing service. You might not get a great tip that time (some people are cheap, some are just assholes) but if you always treat that person great each and every time they might change. Also your other tables can see how your treating that table as well.

A tip is earned.

James
Exactly. That is my point. If someone essentially went through the motions, then they didn't earn a tip. If I'm looking around and having to snag another server when I need a refill, then the tip wasn't earned. If the meal that arrives is incorrect and the server is nowhere to be found, then the tip wasn't earned. I make allowances for when the place is busy.

I once had a server who took 40 minutes to show up after we were seated. He got EVERY order wrong. When we couldn't find him, we went to the manager to ask what was up. Ten minutes later the server arrived at our table, pulled out a chair for himself, then spent 10 minutes telling us about how he was whacked out from going to a 'team building session' the night before and was still hung over. Should I have given him one penny in tip? I don't think so.

OTOH if the server always seems to be there when my glass is almost empty and can be found with a wave, even if it's to correct an order that was wrong, that server is getting a good tip. An 'OK' tip from me is 20%. A good tip might be 50% or, as I previously mentioned, a $20.00 payment for a $10.00 cheque.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #188
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Yesterday I helped a customer that with a product he was having problems with, I spent at least 15 minutes with him. This wasn't even my customer. I didn't sell him the product he needed help with. I still treated him like he was my customer. Chances are he will remember me next time he comes in.

I helped another guy the same day. I thought he was buying a product but it turned out he bought it the day before. While explaining the product to him he said I wish you were here yesterday because I would have bought the right product the first time. He returned the product and then I gave him the one he really needed. I then helped him set up the product because he wasn't going to be able to do this at home. I did that for him and he couldn't have been happier. He asked how much he owed me. I told him not a thing. He then decided he needed a case for his product and bought that from me.

About 10 minutes later my manager came up to tell me that that customer went to customer service to let them know how great the service I provided was. When they told him I was new they said he couldn't believe that I was new there. If he needs to buy something else or knows someone that needs something I sell I have a good feeling that they will come my way.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #189
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
In Canada servers make minimum wage.
They actually make a little less than minimum wage.
http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/...de/minwage.php

But with tips they can make alot of money for a young person living at home(I would bet most servers fit in this category).

With this new research, I will not be tipping as much as I used to. I made $3/hr when I started working. I normally tip 15-20% no matter what, but not anymore. Shitty to mediocre service, crappy tip, good service, good tip.

I am Canadian.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #190
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I have a friend who said she doesn't get paid much per hour. I forget the amount, but she does really well in tips most nights. It would also depend on where you work. Some restaurants would attract better tippers then others.

For me I don't care if they get paid well or not. If they give great service I till give them a great tip. It wouldn't really matter if they got paid $25 an hour. I don't buy drinks, I only get water. I don't like to see my glass empty for too long and I like to have napkins on my table. And I don't think its too much to ask to get service with a smile.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote