Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #181
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Anyone want to sell me on or dissuade me from buying a Glock 27? I'm on the fence at the moment.
I really like mine. The ONLY problem is if I have a mag without the finger extension, it tends to rise more when I shoot it. With the extension I have no problems with it and I have big hands. It's a nice sub-compact IMO...spend the extra coin for Tritium sights too, you can hit any target that you can actually see since they glow so well! The nice thing is you can use any Glock .40 mag in it too, doesn't have to be a 9 +one shot.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #182
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Hes used to sub size.
It may not be big, but I know how to handle it.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #183
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Positive, just not sure one which one. In the past two weeks I've fired the Glock 27 and the M&P 40 subcompact. The two were interesting. I shot surprisingly awesome with the Glock. Tight groups, manageable recoil, solid feel, but fuck me dry to I not like the grips on it. The M&P felt great in the hand but I was not all that impressed shooting it. Maybe it was just the range gun, maybe an off day. Aside from the nice ergonomics, I just wasn't very thrilled with it. I've fired an XD40 subcompact and thought I would love it, but it's another one that left me kinda cold. Odd, since I really dig my XD45.

I'd love to hear some suggestions and experiences with the Glock 27 or any other subcompact. I think I'm going .40 this time out, so that's what I'm focusing on. I haven't got any interest in another 9mm or .45 at the moment.
Was it the Gen 4 or Gen 3 that you shot of the Glock?

I don't know if the G27 Gen 3 comes in RFT (similar to Gen 4, but better IMO), find one is they make it. I bet you like it.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #184
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Was it the Gen 4 or Gen 3 that you shot of the Glock?

I don't know if the G27 Gen 3 comes in RFT (similar to Gen 4, but better IMO), find one is they make it. I bet you like it.
Gen 3. I'd like to get a hands on with the Gen 4 to see if the replaceable back straps change the feel. What's RFT? I'm not familiar with that term.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #185
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Gen 3. I'd like to get a hands on with the Gen 4 to see if the replaceable back straps change the feel. What's RFT? I'm not familiar with that term.
My mistake, RTF - rough textured frame (not RFT). The grips have a rougher texture to them. The Gen 4 is very similar but not quite so abrasive. Some like it, some don't... I do. I feel like I have a better grip.

RTF grips...

Regular grips...

Gen 4 grips...
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #186
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Positive, just not sure one which one. In the past two weeks I've fired the Glock 27 and the M&P 40 subcompact. The two were interesting. I shot surprisingly awesome with the Glock. Tight groups, manageable recoil, solid feel, but fuck me dry to I not like the grips on it. The M&P felt great in the hand but I was not all that impressed shooting it. Maybe it was just the range gun, maybe an off day. Aside from the nice ergonomics, I just wasn't very thrilled with it. I've fired an XD40 subcompact and thought I would love it, but it's another one that left me kinda cold. Odd, since I really dig my XD45.

I'd love to hear some suggestions and experiences with the Glock 27 or any other subcompact. I think I'm going .40 this time out, so that's what I'm focusing on. I haven't got any interest in another 9mm or .45 at the moment.
That just goes to show ya....

I'm not a fan of the Glock 27, but the XD subcompact would be on my short list... I really like that gun...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #187
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
My mistake, RTF - rough textured frame (not RFT). The grips have a rougher texture to them. The Gen 4 is very similar but not quite so abrasive. Some like it, some don't... I do. I feel like I have a better grip.

RTF grips...

Regular grips...

Gen 4 grips...
Interesting. I didn't notice the texture of the grips on the one I fired. I'll have to take a look when I go back. Really, the texture was fine, though I like the look of the Gen 4 and the rough textured Gen 3. The shape throws me a bit. It feels odd in my hands. I think it's something I can get over after a hundred or so rounds into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
That just goes to show ya....

I'm not a fan of the Glock 27, but the XD subcompact would be on my short list... I really like that gun...
My XD (Service model, 4" barrel) is a real fun gun. I love it. I've been carrying it recently in a Supertuck holster that I picked up and it's really sweet. The subcompact didn't feel balanced to me and I didn't shoot as well with the XD40sc as I did with either the Glock or the M&P. It's odd. I'm not a Glock guy in any way, but that Glock 27 stands out the most so far.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #188
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

im looking for either a 9mm or a 22 as my next gun, im looking for cheap, like cheapest of the cheapest, i have a 1911 for when it positively absolutely has to die, i want something for plinking...

any suggestions?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:34 AM   #189
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
im looking for either a 9mm or a 22 as my next gun, im looking for cheap, like cheapest of the cheapest, i have a 1911 for when it positively absolutely has to die, i want something for plinking...

any suggestions?
How much do you want to spend, and is it only for plinking? Gunbroker has a good number of Chiappa 1911 .22LR for about 250. There's a few Kel-Tec PLR22's in that price range too. You could look for a Ruger Mark II or Mark III used. I've rented the Mark III and it's a shitload of fun to shoot, far more fun than the Walther P22, and leaps and bounds above the complete piece of shit that is the Sig Mosquito.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #190
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

someone posted a hp22 by cobra for like $150

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote