Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #181
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah just get a tank bag to lean on at times, and an Air Hawk seat pad... I let drewpy use it on his trip with OSP earlier this year... FUCKING AWESOME if you do long trip in the saddle. its $125 or so... but so fucking worth it. but you can't ride aggressively with it... as it grips your ass and won't let you slide off
i dragged a knee with it... fully loaded tail, tank and saddle bags and all it can be done

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #182
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
i dragged a knee with it... fully loaded tail, tank and saddle bags and all it can be done
well you were the one that told me that! I never really tried... then again... I can't drag a knee anyhow
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #183
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Rae and Kat are Smaller than Me, Any Streetbike I sit on is GOnna feel Different than it would for Those two...I'm not saying I wouldn't take the Six for a Long Ride...I'd be all for it...I would just have to do a few things to it first for some comfort Mods.
Ur right and that does make a big difference! With my size I can rest my head on my tank bag when riding, as well as shift around. I got a pro gel seat pad for the trip too, took awhile to break in, but after about 1000-1500 miles it was comfortable enough that the wear on my body was much less, seat wise anyway.

Any trips you begin taking on bikes like that are a bit of a body adjustment thing. Ive taken enough long rides, and done enough all day rides to acclimate myself for a long time in the saddle as well as lil tricks I use to spare certain body parts..."spider monkeyin"!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #184
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Ur right and that does make a big difference! With my size I can rest my head on my tank bag when riding, as well as shift around. I got a pro gel seat pad for the trip too, took awhile to break in, but after about 1000-1500 miles it was comfortable enough that the wear on my body was much less, seat wise anyway.

Any trips you begin taking on bikes like that are a bit of a body adjustment thing. Ive taken enough long rides, and done enough all day rides to acclimate myself for a long time in the saddle as well as lil tricks I use to spare certain body parts..."spider monkeyin"!
i remember thinking... wtf is she doing? drag'n a knee on a straight stretch of freeway?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #185
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i can only imagine what i looked like haning off my bike, just trying to stretch out on the Co trip

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #186
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Ah the joys of a good "spider monkeying"! To be young and flexible again!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #187
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Ah the joys of a good "spider monkeying"! To be young and flexible again!
ahh to be following her and thinking the same thing
Old 09-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #188
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Why the hell would anybody want to get a 600lbs bike when there's bikes out there that weight 2/3rds that? Lemme rephrase...Why would any 20-something-year-older want to get a 600lbs bike when there's bikes out there that weight 2/3rds that and put out way more hp?
The 1998 R1 weighed 448 lbs (wet). The 2008 RR weighs 439 lbs (wet). When I was in my 20's all my friends wanted to wheelie. They had H1's, H2's, and RD's. Great wheelie machines, while I had a GT750, great for everything but wheelies. The twenty-somethings I see today still want to wheelie. Going downhill and in third gear no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
...No Worries is just stuck in his old ways, just like I'll probably be 15-20 years from now. Hell, I'm getting that way already with music. I barely like anything new, especially hip-hop. All that shit is garbage now.
That makes me appear like a Luddite. I may be. Last year, I did a demo on a Aprilia Tuono Factory. I had read so many great things about it. I expected it to be so much better than my old bikes. The brakes were stellar, but the bike stumbled away from each light, the seat was unbearable, the riding position gave me cramps, and the mirrors were useless. I didn't test it for wheelies, but after twenty minutes, I couldn't wait to get on my big, heavy bike. As for Hip-hop, I didn't think anything could be as bad as Disco, but I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Dlit... his answer to your question is in the post you quoted... that zx9 is gonna be more comfortable for cruising, touring, and a bit more stable as it's heavier.

but really... I just don't want a 1000cc... and as much as I loved my ZZR600... I don't want another... I would like to try a new 600...

I'm still dumb enough to try touring on it... but I'd like something a bit newer...
At Denver's altitude, any bike has already lost 10 percent power. If you go in the mountains, you lose another 10 percent or more. If you go up Mount Evans, you probably lose 50 percent. That's why I like liter bikes.

And I'll tell you a secret. You can blast around the canyons here on any bike. Brand new R6 or 35-year-old RD. Half of the curves around here are blind. Do you want to go around a blind corner at full speed? The main reason I like a liter bike is for passing a vehicle. This is where horsepower doesn't mean shit. I need torque, tons of it, and at low rpm. Especially going uphill. There aren't many straights on the roads I go on, so I need to get around a car in several seconds or less. Plus brake and lean for the next curve. God, I love it here.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #189
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post

And I'll tell you a secret. You can blast around the canyons here on any bike. Brand new R6 or 35-year-old RD. Half of the curves around here are blind. Do you want to go around a blind corner at full speed? The main reason I like a liter bike is for passing a vehicle. This is where horsepower doesn't mean shit. I need torque, tons of it, and at low rpm. Especially going uphill. There aren't many straights on the roads I go on, so I need to get around a car in several seconds or less. Plus brake and lean for the next curve. God, I love it here.
I hear what your saying... and I had this exact conversation with a friend of Rae's... actually he's a member here...

but any idiot can ride a liter bike fast... just twist the wrist... the torque is gonna get you up to speed quick...

a 600 takes more skill to ride fast as it doesn't have that torque or power to cover your mistakes. I'd rather learn how to ride the 600 right... then possible (probably not though) move up to a 1000 where I can apply that technique. ya know?

not saying every liter bike riders are all idiots... just that I wanna learn what I can from the 600 before (if ever) I move up
Old 09-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #190
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
V-twin FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote