Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I think it's great! Kids scream and cry and throw fits, we all get it. But when they do so what's so horrible about taking them outside and dealing with it? Why should the rest of restaurant have to deal with it so you can eat your dinner and ignore your little brat?
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

For years the roomie and I have mused over the concept of a restaurant with a "families" section, sound insulated from the section where people want to sit and enjoy a quiet dinner.
It's good to see restaurateurs who aren't afraid to take a stand against unacceptable behavior in their establishment.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
i don't think people are too offended I think everyone wants the world to bow down to their "very apparent" value. obviously they are very important people. they want to be allowed everything that someone else has. entitlement in one matter or another.
QFT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
For years the roomie and I have mused over the concept of a restaurant with a "families" section, sound insulated from the section where people want to sit and enjoy a quiet dinner.
It's good to see restaurateurs who aren't afraid to take a stand against unacceptable behavior in their establishment.
Do it! I can assure you as long as the food was decent, you definitely have business!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
As long as you didn't force everyone with a kid into that section, I'd be all for it. Personally, I much prefer the approach of taking a stand against unacceptable behavior once it actually occurs. I've left many an establishment after the boy lost his shit, and had plenty of great times when he didn't.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
I was in a store the other day - a parent had their toddler in the shopping cart. The kid screamed the ENTIRE TIME. At the top of their lungs. Parent was either deaf or just bloody used to it. I would LOVED to have said something...or just pushed the cart over. And I wasn't the only one. The other customers were GLARING at this parent. I would have loved to staple that sign to the parent's forehead...twice.
I've been that parent. If it's a grocery store it's probably more tired resignation and the need to get a task completed

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #16
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Speaking of shutting kids the hell up...

Best theater's in town!

www.alamodrafthouse.com
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #17
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post

Do it! I can assure you as long as the food was decent, you definitely have business!
Would.. if I had any money for such things or knew anything about starting/running a business.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Truth.

Of course I'm not sure if you are talking about the parents with the screaming kids or the grumpy old people who can't tolerate young people in "their" restaurant.

The statement works either way.
Bullshit. The rights to your fist end at the beginning of my nose.

I should be under no compulsion to put up with the screaming of anyone's fucking brat. If I'm a patron, I've paid for the right to eat my fucking meal in peace, unmolested by others, and implicit is my responsibility to be respectful of others in like manner.

A screaming kid is simply a parenting FAIL. Take your shitty kid the fuck outside, and let others eat in peace. It's your fault your kid is a shit, and no one but you should have to suffer for your lousy parenting.

I raised a child who NEVER fucking did that, not fucking once, and I can tell ANY parent how to raise a child NOT to do that shit, EVER...but the rub is that the technique starts with fucking day 1.

You let the kid do it even ONCE, even in the fucking crib, and it's OVER, motherfucker. The little screaming shithead is now yours to keep...but that's not my fault, and I shouldn't have to pay the price for the fact that another parent hasn't figured out how not to raise a little fucking screaming monster.

I think every fucking restaurant should have a "no screaming shitheads" section. That includes fucktards on their cellphones, BTW.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Deal with it. People are tired of other people's unruly crotch critters. If your kid is well behaved, you'll have no issue. If your kid is a nuisance, that's your (proverbial so you don't think I'm talking shit about your kids) fault and you should have already done something about it. Since you couldn't/wouldn't somebody has decided to make it easier for you.

This is a prime example of the "needs" of the many outweighing those of the few. I applaud this restaurant and would also go out of my way to eat there.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #20
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Bullshit. The rights to your fist end at the beginning of my nose.

I should be under no compulsion to put up with the screaming of anyone's fucking brat. If I'm a patron, I've paid for the right to eat my fucking meal in peace, unmolested by others, and implicit is my responsibility to be respectful of others in like manner.

A screaming kid is simply a parenting FAIL. Take your shitty kid the fuck outside, and let others eat in peace. It's your fault your kid is a shit, and no one but you should have to suffer for your lousy parenting.

I raised a child who NEVER fucking did that, not fucking once, and I can tell ANY parent how to raise a child NOT to do that shit, EVER...but the rub is that the technique starts with fucking day 1.

You let the kid do it even ONCE, even in the fucking crib, and it's OVER, motherfucker. The little screaming shithead is now yours to keep...but that's not my fault, and I shouldn't have to pay the price for the fact that another parent hasn't figured out how not to raise a little fucking screaming monster.

I think every fucking restaurant should have a "no screaming shitheads" section. That includes fucktards on their cellphones, BTW.
That is some of the funniest shit I've read all week. LOL

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote