Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
no, they had a sideways flash theme this season to an alternate reality that was a what if the island was at the bottom of the ocean and no one was impacted by it. It turned out they were already dead in this reality and it was a kinda of purgatory until they all died and met up and reminded each other of their time on the island and then most of them passed over to the other side.

I thought that concept was neat as well. What pissed me off is you never found out the purpose of the island or the egyptian shit there. If it was a cork to prevent the darkness from getting off the island, what about before smoke man came to be before jacob threw him into the hole. There was no darkness there before that... It never really explained shit about the island, it was clusterfuck of randomness with no explanation.
Meh I quit watching a looong time ago. Sounds like I made the right choice
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Soprano's
BSG
and now Lost.

So far the best ending to a recent series has been Six Feet under.
Did anyone see Jimmy's alternate endings to lost after the finale?

One of them was a survivor ending, another was the ending to the sopranos, and another was a bob newhart show I didn't recognize but was probably famous.

The sopranos one was funny.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I really wanted to know about the egyptian things on the island, that shit always intrigued me. Like the temple and statue. Wish they would of went into more of that origin stuff. The jacob origin was seriously lacking.

They would of ruined it like they did the darma mystique though.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Anyway, back to Lost.

Anyway seen anything that might give us a little more info now that it's over?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #15
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
I thought that concept was neat as well. What pissed me off is you never found out the purpose of the island or the egyptian shit there. If it was a cork to prevent the darkness from getting off the island, what about before smoke man came to be before jacob threw him into the hole. There was no darkness there before that... It never really explained shit about the island, it was clusterfuck of randomness with no explanation.
They gave explanations.
Extremely weak explanations.

They took the religion route with the show. While the writers are patting themselves on the back for being "so deep" with the final season the rest of us who were looking for clear explanations are instead told "its metaphor....blah blah blah blah spirtual...blah blah blah blah...." and then told "the meaning will change depending on your perspective blah blah blah".

The island had a lightbulb shoved up its goatse and that shat out the ability for people to get all funky under black lights.

Millenia ago, a crazy security guard lady who lived in the woods found a pregnant illegal immigrant and while tickling the cooch pulled out her babies, one a Nazi and the other thin angry gay man. In order to protect humanities glowing asshole from having to learn spanish she kills the the cleaning lady after the kids pops out and attaches each one to a boob.
Several year later the angry gay one finds out there are other people with penis on the island after taking shrooms and seeing the cleaning lady. He then goes off to have butt sex while the Nazi sticks arounf to breast feed...which he does until the age of 40.

Eventually Nazi man becomes protector of humanities goatse and people from all over end up on the island for various reasons and at one point some egyptian build a statue on the island with a 500 sq ft studio apartment in the basement.

Would you like me to go on?

Quote:
Anyway, back to Lost.

Anyway seen anything that might give us a little more info now that it's over?
Ask your questions an ye shall recieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

LOL, nice
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The reason they left so many plot holes unresolved was because the writers didn't know WTF they were doing anymore, they were just flipping coins to come up with stuff. That's what happens when you don't have it all planned before you start.

It should have only lasted 2-3 seasons, but they wanted to milk it for all it was worth, and that's why it reached a point where it was impossible to wrap up all the mysteries because they had thrown too many of them into it. I'm with Dave, I'm glad I stopped watching a few years ago.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-24-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The reason they left so many plot holes unresolved was because the writers didn't know WTF they were doing anymore. That's what happens when you don't have it all planned before you start. It just becomes more and more ridiculous. It should have only lasted 2-3 seasons, but they wanted to milk it for all it was worth, and that's why it reached a point where it was impossible to wrap up all the mysteries because they had thrown too many of them into it. I'm with Dave, I'm glad I stopped watching a few years ago.
I think they did an excellent job with the show overall up until the end put together a great story. While the afterlife lameless of the finale was an erection killer, I'm glad I invested the time into the series.

I don't think they left many plot holes. They just tried to hard to be "deep" with some of the explanations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I think they did an excellent job with the show overall up until the end put together a great story. While the afterlife lameless of the finale was an erection killer, I'm glad I invested the time into the series.
They needed to do something more than the cork and one shot kill of smokey. They built up this good vs evil and then it was solved with a shot in the back. It would of been awesome if Jack took out Smokey in a better way and Jack lived, but before Smokey died, he turned Sawyer and Sawyer went into the Cork room and became the new Smokey. Jack vs Sawyer would be the new Jacob vs MiB. Fat ass with a more cuddly version of Ben is fucking gay. I think that is what pisses me off the most about the finale. The island gets fat ass. I always hated that fat piece of shit.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #20
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

I don't think they left many plot holes. They just tried to hard to be "deep" with some of the explanations.
Then can you provide an explanation for the purpose of the island? What was its history? What is the smoke monster's origin? \

You know, important shit like that.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote