Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Great picture!

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
AquaPython
put it THIS way

hmm i was totally expecting something different when I saw this title...

Old 04-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I read the other thread start to finish....and I'm GLAD I did.

You are a lucky guy....and your dogs are lucky to have such a good friend in you too.

This thread has been a wicked nice change of pace from the barrage of bad news that comes with being on the internet most days. Thanks for sharing.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I read through a lot of that other thread. I'm happy you helped em out. I love all the pics, especially the one you posted here.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #15
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

Just a little update to the whole puppy story for those that might be interested....

Everybody is doing great still! And still growing too..... they're up to 45 lbs each as of this morning. It's getting hot outside so I got them a little pool to splash around in until I can find a place to take them swimming (been looking). I really didn't want the blow up one but it was all they had, so I'll use it until they pop it, hahah

A couple videos

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1996871714258

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1996884914588

And much like Piggy, they love riding in the car (thank god, lol)

But anyways, I've had a few ideas that have been floating around my brain the last couple weeks that I've been tossing around. Watching these two grow up and seeing their personalities and whatnot, I'm seeing ALOT of talent. They're both incredibly smart, attentive, well mannered dogs, so I really wanted to do something with them. I feel like I'd be wasting alot of good talent if I didn't. So here's my idea that I've been tossing around in my head the last couple of weeks.... I'm giving some serious thought into trying to get them trained and certified as therapy dogs. From the way I see them behave it just seems like something that they would be great at. I know they have to pass a pretty strict test to pass, but I think I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens (once they're old enough, of course.... gotta be 1 yr). That's something I'd love to do too

So yea... that's my plan as of now. I've trained them to the best of my abilities (which isn't great, lol), but we've got a trainer here in town that's supposed to be pretty good, so I'm gonna talk with him about this and see what happens from there. I've got 5 months to prepare them and with as quickly as they catch onto stuff, I don't foresee any problems there

I really want to do something with Piggy too, I hate feeling like I'm leaving her out cuz she's such an awesome dog too, but I just don't know what just yet

We'll see what happens!

Oh and on a side note.... I had all 3 at the groomers (which is a friend of mine) getting their hair trimmed on saturday, and she said Riley and Piper were right at the top of her list of some of the best behaved dogs that she's had in her shop... and that's compared to adult dogs and everything, and they're still 7 month old puppies. Makes me quite proud!

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #16
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

they sound like very well tempered dogs. pictures look great.

we were thinking about thetherapy dog thing for our bulldog. she is very even tempered and loving. the boxer i thought about trying to get trained as S and R. she has an uncanny ability to find things that are hidden. (long way from actual S and R but a great nose on her anyway) not sure i'd have time now with my recent job change.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote