Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Has the bike been crashed? Is it a salvage title? A frankenstein?

Things to look for! Have you heard back from him yet?
Not terribly worried about crashes- it's a trackbike. I'll probably crash it. I got an email with the pics, and replied asking about the title and location. I plan to ride up and have a look at it. Just got a PM on the board where I found it- 4.5 hours east of me. 2.5 hours from Gettysburg Would be too funny to ride up there during the rally with a half dozen bikes in tow.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 09-17-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Everything sounds good up to the point where he doesn't have a title. Fuck. Now I have to do some research.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Everything sounds good up to the point where he doesn't have a title. Fuck. Now I have to do some research.
stolen, get the vin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
If it's stictly a track rig this may or may not be an issue, no?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Better make sure the frame is straight if it's been crashed.

I would think there are better track bikes out there than a 650R in the same price range. Isn't the suspension non-adjustable? I've ridden one and it's a nice street bike (nice and comfy) but it seemed pretty heavy and too upright for track duty.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Better make sure the frame is straight if it's been crashed.

I would think there are better track bikes out there than a 650R in the same price range. Isn't the suspension non-adjustable? I've ridden one and it's a nice street bike (nice and comfy) but it seemed pretty heavy and too upright for track duty.
Suspension has been upgraded. With all the extra stuff it comes with, plus all the changes I would ever want to make, I think this is worth it. Of course I could find some beat GSXR for less, or a first gen SV, but everyone has them. All I would need for this one is to pick it up a put in fuel. It has lower bars and aftermarket rearsets- that fixes that. It's no heavier than an SV either.

Anyone know if AAA can do a VIN search relatively cheaply/easily? Pretty much the only thing stopping me now is the lack of title. Besides my legality questions, it's going to be hard to unload when the time comes. I've heard it's fine to sell a track bike with no title, but I don't know how exactly it works. I don't want to put this on the road. May end up applying for a R/Salvage title.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Assuming I get all the right answers to my latest email, anyone know where I can find a decent free bill of sale?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #18
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

CA puts them on the DMV website, try your state or the state the bike is in.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #19
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

My humble opinion... You are probably better off with a more popular bike, like a gsxr. You know you are gonna crash it eventually, and there are enough gixxers on the road that parts aren't hard to find or too expensive, I don't know about the 650, but it is something to think about.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #20
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
My humble opinion... You are probably better off with a more popular bike, like a gsxr. You know you are gonna crash it eventually, and there are enough gixxers on the road that parts aren't hard to find or too expensive, I don't know about the 650, but it is something to think about.
Used and slightly rashed parts are very easy to find for the 650R. Which is all I need for a track bike.

Getting more details now. Still seems a bit sketchy, but it's something I can check out. Originally came from a salvage dealer in NH, then the current owner bought it off a guy in Conn. Crashed twice on the track.

This place sounds interesting. EX500s for $1500, EX650 for $2900

Crackhead ZX6R for $4500