View Poll Results: are you pro gun ownership or anti gun
pro gun 23 85.19%
anti gun 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

I'm pro gun, but I also think guns are for pussies. I think everyone should carry a samurai sword with them at all times.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #12
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
I'm pro gun, but I also think guns are for pussies. I think everyone should carry a samurai sword with them at all times.
dont bring a knife to a gun fight. unless its a frickin huge knife.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Definatly pro gun
If I am able to defend my country, I also want to be able to defend my own personal property as well as my friends and family.

Getting "rid" of guns won't make anything safer. It will make for more illegal weapons, and a LOT more easy targets for the bad guys that still have their guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
but there's a diffrence between not wanting one and thinking no one should have one

taking guns from the law abiding citizens (the only ones who will hand over the weapons) will do nothing but make them easier targets, but won't take the weapons from criminals... shit they can't stop people from do'n coke or smoke'n weed... what makes you think they can get ALL the guns?
i just don't like guns. never have, never will. you won't change my opinion there (so save your breath). it's a girl thing, i guess. it's my job to protect my kids from harm. but if you wanna own a gun, go for it. all i can ask is that you please don't shoot me. fair enough, right.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
A few years ago in Columbus a transvestite murdered another tranny with a samurai sword... Seriously.
http://www.tgcrossroads.org/news/archive.asp?aid=195

As far as guns are concerned...

Here's the truth...

Statistics demonstrate that in EVERY state that has enacted concealed carry friendly legislation, crime has gone DOWN.

Liberal media bias prevails and stories in which people defend themselves and/or otherwise stop a crime with guns will NEVER be front page news. Gun crime on the other hand will always be.

Laws do not work against the lawless. The only thing banning guns does is takes guns out of the hands of responsible owners aka, law-abiding citizens.

Logic should prevail, but unfortunately nobody wants to THINK about the problem... People are afraid of guns... and rightfully so... They are a powerful tool. Unfortunately emotion generally prevails in the debate.

Emotion: More guns = more crime.
Logic: Depends who has the guns.

Emotion: Tough gun laws would lower gun crime.
Logic: Criminals, by definition, do not subscribe to laws.

Emotion: Guns kill people and are the source of crime.
Logic: Guns are a tool. It's the person using the tool that's the problem, not the tool itself.

Emotion: Tens of thousands of people are hurt or killed by guns every year.
Logic: More than twice as many die in auto accidents each year. Banning cars would save many more lives.

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 03-22-2008 at 08:29 AM..
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
i just don't like guns. never have, never will. you won't change my opinion there (so save your breath). it's a girl thing, i guess. it's my job to protect my kids from harm. but if you wanna own a gun, go for it. all i can ask is that you please don't shoot me. fair enough, right.
Ugh- my ex was the same way. She was the same about motorcycles too I guess. No convincing her that the rider/owner is the key.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I will be at the range putting holes in some paper tomry.

I have my CCW class on the 5th.

Also picking up a concealment vest to wear when riding.

I think the only gun control that should exist is hitting your target.
That reminds me,NC right to carry state! I got my buy permit and once I pick out a gun and purchase,I can carry it everywhere (basically).

Which also reminds me of something I've noticed...I have yet to see a bar fight since I've been here. I guess someone looking at your girlfriend or bumping into you on accident is a little less important when the other guy might have 357 in his car. Note: bars are one of the places you can't carry,also schools,malls,etc.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 03-22-2008 at 12:21 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
ummm, i dont think we're worried about the

"accidental"

deaths guns cause, my man...

its more like the school shootings, mall shootings, highway shootings, bank shootings, play ground shootings, mc donalds shootings, nature reserver shootings, underwater shootings, moon base shootings, disney land shootings, statue of liberty shootings...
(i may have been a bit liberal on a few of those)

I am more worried about guns being readily available to people that have no business having one...like people who shoot up random places.

I am not 100% anti-gun, I just think the amount that are available to people is a bit excessive.

I am more anti-dumbpeoplethathavenobusinesshavingadriverslicense.
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #19
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post

I am more worried about guns being readily available to people that have no business having one...like people who shoot up random places.

I am not 100% anti-gun, I just think the amount that are available to people is a bit excessive.

I am more anti-dumbpeoplethathavenobusinesshavingadriverslicense.
Background checks should include references... Crazy people who shoot up public places never have friends, so they couldn't get any references.

Oh... and you'll notice that the places that have the most shootings occur within areas that do not allow CCW's... I heard one of these nuts quoted as saying he chose the mall because he knew guns were not allowed. Again, logic vs. emotion.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #20
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

i voted anti gun, but i think its a bit more complicated than just pro or anti.

I don't agree with the argument that if everybody had a gun, shootings would decrease (in number or severity). I do agree with the argument that if we ban guns, the only ppl that would have them are the criminals, which would end up creating a more dangerous environment. All I'm saying is that banning guns altogether is a terrible idea in the short term but make more sense in the long run, coupled with a campaign against the black market for firearms. And to the argument that say that only "responsible" people should have guns... who decides this? what about those that slip through the cracks? what about those normally reasonable and responsible people that are driven to murder after walking in on their spouse cheating on them?

but hey, thats just me. I've never had a gun pointed at me in my life.

also, you spelled amendment wrong.

Last edited by Crazy; 03-22-2008 at 03:24 PM..
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote