Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I wouldn't give two shits if the US mail shut down. Way to many fucking lazy people work there. They just want the benefits and expect to get paid for doing the less amount of work. Those mail trucks brought on the laziness ten fold. I can't count the number of times those lazy fucks wont get out of them to drop off a box, but they'll slide that "Come pick up your shit" note in your mail box.

My gramps was a mail man for 30 years or more and he walked his route every fucking day. Even when they started getting those vehicles he told them he didnt want one but they give him one any ways. He'd just go park it somewhere and walk his route.

My favorite was when I mailed a letter 3 states over and it took 3 months to reach it's destination. I never use US postal unless I absolutely have to or someone request it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I wouldn't give two shits if the US mail shut down. Way to many fucking lazy people work there. They just want the benefits and expect to get paid for doing the least amount of work. Those mail trucks brought on the laziness ten fold. I can't count the number of times those lazy fucks wont get out of them to drop off a box, but they'll slide that "Come pick up your shit" note in your mail box.

My gramps was a mail man for 30 years or more and he walked his route every fucking day. Even when they started getting those vehicles he told them he didnt want one but they give him one any ways. He'd just go park it somewhere and walk his route.

My favorite was when I mailed a letter 3 states over and it took 3 months to reach it's destination. I never use US postal unless I absolutely have to or someone request it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Except that the opposite happened. It cost the government about a billion fucking dollars, and totally diosrupted the lives of many, proving that postal workers are indeed a necessity.

You anti-union people fucking sicken me. Without unions, you'd all still be slaving like dogs for almost nothing, with no benefits or pensions. People like you havent the slightest clue what your talking about, yet are the loudest motherfuckers on the planet when it comes to unions. Im guessing your mostly jealous that most union members are earning a fair wage and have a secure retirement to look forward too..
Heh... fair wage... unskilled/uneducated workers making more than people with actual skills, but you can't fire them because you have to jump through a bunch of hoops for the union... Yeah, I have a problem with that.

My thing is, unions are no longer needed... no doubt they did great things years ago, but now their sole purpose now is to keep themselves alive...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Heh... fair wage... unskilled/uneducated workers making more than people with actual skills, but you can't fire them because you have to jump through a bunch of hoops for the union... Yeah, I have a problem with that.

My thing is, unions are no longer needed... no doubt they did great things years ago, but now their sole purpose now is to keep themselves alive...

Ya, well, I work in a lead/silver refinery. Without a union, we wouldnt have a leg to styand on when it comes to health and safety. We wouldnt have a right to refuse unsafe work, because people would be afraid of getting fired. We work in poison, and without a union we would end up fired if blood lead, cadmium, anmd arsenic levels got too high, instead of removed from the plant and put in a clean environment until levels are lowered.

As far as wages, yes, a postal worker deserves 50k/year. So does anyone else who works 40+ hours a week. 20-30k is not an acceptable wage to work full time and raise a family on, no matter what you guys think.

Like I said, it sounds more like jealousy that these people are earning a fair wage than it does any of you having an actual problems with unions.

Get rid of all unions and watch health benefits, pensions, and wages dissapear. Unions keep wages competitive. The only people who have a problem with unions are people like you, who are probably underpaid for what you do, and for that reason are jealous of those who make a fair wage for a fair days work.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Bullshit... Not sure what you have up there, but I'm SURE you have strict government inflicted regulations which include checks and a system to ensure workers have the ability to make claims which will involve an investigation.

Your situation is slightly different, you work in some genuinely rough conditions that may deserve higher pay... That said, if they want people to do the job and stay, they'll pay people right with or without the union.

Beyond that, there are plenty of factory union jobs where you don't need any sort of skills or knowledge, and aren't in brutal, dangerous type atmospheres where higher pay is deserved. You don't DESERVE any paycheck, you EARN one... If you don't have skills or education, you get them... It's that simple.

Again, I see no purpose for unions other than to keep themselves alive...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #16
shmike
Follower

Anyone working 40+ hours a week DESERVES $50k a year!?!

Edit: I had to go back and quote it just to make sure I didn't read that wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
As far as wages, yes, a postal worker deserves 50k/year. So does anyone else who works 40+ hours a week. 20-30k is not an acceptable wage to work full time and raise a family on, no matter what you guys think.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Bullshit... Not sure what you have up there, but I'm SURE you have strict government inflicted regulations which include checks and a system to ensure workers have the ability to make claims which will involve an investigation.

Your situation is slightly different, you work in some genuinely rough conditions that may deserve higher pay... That said, if they want people to do the job and stay, they'll pay people right with or without the union.

Beyond that, there are plenty of factory union jobs where you don't need any sort of skills or knowledge, and aren't in brutal, dangerous type atmospheres where higher pay is deserved. You don't DESERVE any paycheck, you EARN one... If you don't have skills or education, you get them... It's that simple.

Again, I see no purpose for unions other than to keep themselves alive...
Exactly.

Apoc, it's great that you have a union that actually does what it needs to do to protect its workers. I can say that I've been part of a few in my time and they were more concerned with keeping themselves alive than with actually protecting their members. From everyone else I've talked to who is a part of a union, it's the same story.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote