Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
there are other ways... I'll have to do some search'n... but while I was deployed a friend signed me up to recieve care packages from some site... they give the address to people who register and they send the packages...

I got 4 or 5 some from boyscout troops... one from an elderly lady in Main... one from a couple in Utah... and one from a family who lost their father in Iraq who live in IL.

I'll see if I can find the site... maybe if you want... you can sign up there and send a card that way
I found this address

Holiday Mail for Heroes

P.O. Box 5456

Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

in this article Holiday Mail for Heroes There are probably more but oddly enough google isn't turning up a lot that is valid. The Red Cross also has a program similar to this one though.

I did something like this before Desert Storm, when the troops were deployed but it was still "Desert Shield." The sailor to whom my card ended up going wrote back and actually sent me a picture from an aircraft carrier of sunset in the Persian Gulf. It was extremely cool. I'd gotten that address out of Stars and Stripes newspaper though, as I was a military wife living in Germany at the time. Ebbs, maybe you can check and see if they have an addy?

FYI, the cut-off for this program is the 10th of December.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #12
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I have used http://anysoldier.com in the past - with much success. I recommend it to everyone!!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote