Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I walked in, got the MO, and yes it had a carbon receipt, but I gave all that back to them a couple weeks later when I told them to cancel it and put it back into my acct. They tore it all up instead.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I walked in, got the MO, and yes it had a carbon receipt, but I gave all that back to them a couple weeks later when I told them to cancel it and put it back into my acct. They tore it all up instead.
This was in California? (some states have different regs and procedures)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #13
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Aren't most Bank issued Money Orders treated as a check so you can have them issue a stop on it. They will have it in the system that you took a money order for $800. Just have the teller issue a stop on it.
They need a "check #" to do that. And unlike personal checks, that number isn't provided on my statement. So they're acting like it's some big involved process to track it down, because supposedly only their HQ would know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
This was in California? (some states have different regs and procedures)
Yes. BTW I dont' know the diff between a casheirs check and an MO.........It had the pay to already written out.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
They need a "check #" to do that. And unlike personal checks, that number isn't provided on my statement. So they're acting like it's some big involved process to track it down, because supposedly only their HQ would know it.

Yes. BTW I dont' know the diff between a casheirs check and an MO.........It had the pay to already written out.
Bullshit...go to any branch and have them bring up your account activity.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #15
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that BOA California doesn't offer MO and does the Cashier Check thing

Sign in to online banking and pull the record.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #16
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

They will get it straightened out...hopefully the teller isn't being dishonest.

Sux that you are without your funds...maybe they can issue a provisional credit until they get it sorted ?
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Reading is fundamental.
1) I never deposited anything back into my account, I TOLD them to do that.
2) They didn't give me a receipt for depositing it back, they gave me a receipt for buying the MO in the first place. Totally different. And that's what they tore up (along w/the MO itself) when I asked them to put it back into my acct. So now they're acting like it's my responsibility to track it down so they can put it back into my acct.

1) Sweetie, you cant TELL a bank teller to do anything. You have to give them a deposit slip or something in the course of a transaction or you arent doing a transaction, handing them an MO and telling them to do it does not gurantee it made it, and the teller should have told you this.

2)If you didnt get a receipt and they just tore it up, then it was never deposited and they destroyed a cash item and you have no recourse unless you remember the teller, the day and the time and they MAYBE can look at video records.

I was in banking for years. You dont just tear something up. You shred receipts, and if someone is depositing a money order, even one from their own account, you must have a deposit slip AND the item for deposit. Fundamental banking.

It is your responsibility to contact the teller line supervisor or customer service manager at the location you did this, explain the withdrawal and then the "tearing up" scenario (which any teller in their right mind would NEVER do), give them the date you were there originally (found by your w/d), and tell them you purchased the money order with the funds. They can then compare their records of sales of MO (which are closely monitored due to banking laws) and they should be able to issue a stop on the MO, and after charging you the stop fee, they can recredit your account.

BOA does suck ass BTW.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Again, I DID get a receipt. It's a carbon copy of the cashiers check. I took both that and the check itself to the desk, told them I decided not to use it, and that they should put the funds back into my account. The teller took it and tore it up right in front of me. At the time I was too stupid to realize this was a problem. I thought she was doing something in her computer to credit the funds back into my acct. I was wrong.

BTW, if I log into my acct, all it shows is the deduction of $800 from my acct on such and such date. There is NO check number listed for it, like there normally is. Even the branch says they can't pull up the check number, and that only HQ can do that. So they're telling me to fill out paperwork to have the HQ do some sort of "investigation"

Last edited by Homeslice; 07-16-2009 at 02:07 PM..
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Owned!
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote: