Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #11
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
maybe they just needed new carpet anyway?

I like how he held it to the limiter BEFORE he let out the clutch to start his burnout. dumbass.
Sums it up nicely.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #12
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

I'm disappointed. As soon as I saw the picture, I just knew the bike was going to leave the house.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! Dude we totally did extra stupid crap like that when I was a kid! I burned a 2" deep hole in the Best Buy parking lot with my V-Max. It's probably still there. Me and a buddy started a trailer's floor on fire doing burnouts in it during Daytona Bike Week one year. We were staying in St Augustine and carried our bikes up to the third floor and put them in our room so I could change out my clutch and my buddy installed NO2 on his bike. When Maynard,from Tool, was leaving to go to Ca and start his big musical career,we had a huge party at our house. We played baseball in the living room,had a monster water fight,rode our bikes around in the yard doing donuts,etc. I guess I'm the only one on the forum that is/was ever stupid enough to do stuff like that.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #14
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
THAT WAS AWESOME!!! Dude we totally did extra stupid crap like that when I was a kid! I burned a 2" deep hole in the Best Buy parking lot with my V-Max. It's probably still there. Me and a buddy started a trailer's floor on fire doing burnouts in it during Daytona Bike Week one year. We were staying in St Augustine and carried our bikes up to the third floor and put them in our room so I could change out my clutch and my buddy installed NO2 on his bike. When Maynard,from Tool, was leaving to go to Ca and start his big musical career,we had a huge party at our house. We played baseball in the living room,had a monster water fight,rode our bikes around in the yard doing donuts,etc. I guess I'm the only one on the forum that is/was ever stupid enough to do stuff like that.
Esqueeze me?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

You knew Maynard?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #16
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

tell us more about your friendship with maynard
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:49 AM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You knew Maynard?
Sure,we grew up in the same neighborhood. I still have cassettes of his first couple bands. We used to do acid all the time at my house and get polluted drunk. He was a really funny person to be around and had a VERY dry sense of humor. Super,super scrawny and a bit femme' at times but cool. Heck,that was the style then..all black clothes,hair,nails-super goth. We'd drop and sit downtown at the Amphitheater in Grand Rapids and sing Depeche Mode and Bauhaus songs all night. I haven't changed all that much,come to think about it. I used to wear all white all the time just to be different...

Thread hijack alert....
Other brushes with fame;
I know Anthony Keatis from Red Hot Chilli Peppers,in fact his pedophile dad Blackie (drug dealer in Lethal Weapon)messed around with my sister for a while.
I made out with and gave a ride to Gillian Anderson from X-Files.
My Dad was an alcoholic and was friends/drinking buddies with, Al Green and Joe Jackson (MJ's Dad),we used to live in Gary,In.
My slutty sister also dated/fucked the lead singer of Verve Pipe (not to mention Maynard...whore!)
My Mother dated Jerry Reed(Smokey and the Bandit)
Natalie Cole is my 2nd cousin and came to my Grandma's funeral.
I've met Bruce Cambell(Evil Dead) several times thru mutual friends.

I was friends with the main band promoter in the West Michigan area so I often got into parties or special events and met people. I also would do security for him. I once did security for all 6 of the White Zombie concert in the area he was promoting so I got to talk to Rob Z quite a bit before he was mega-famous. There are tons more and to be honest,it's not as exciting as it may appear on the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Esqueeze me?
No BS,I swear! As you probably know,in Fla all the motel/hotels have outside stairways and room doors. We just got it up the stairs.It's actually not as hard as you may think...
Old 07-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #18
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

Tigger, if you arent bullshitin....thats pretty fuckin cool....
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider76 View Post
Tigger, if you arent bullshitin....thats pretty fuckin cool....
I've been accused of being full of shit by members of this forum but I swear I just happen to know a lot of people and I was involved with the music scene for a long time. Besides,I was one of the only pharmacists that dealt in the particular type of over the counter medication in my area,so I met a lot of people and A LOT of punk/alternative rock types. Heck,I left out a bunch of stuff.

As I think I mentioned,one of my best friends since grammar school owned a couple alti-rock bars, the Reptile House and Orbit Room, often the bands that came to these venues were literally arriving on fumes in beat-up vans. Sometimes Ron and I would put some of them up for the night and usually a huge party would ensue. Now you have to understand that these were rinky-dink bars and the larger maybe holds 500-1000 people standing room only style. So even when Eminem or Kid Rock played there,they were nobodies and were scraping for gigs. The first time I saw Tool was at the reptile house,on a Weds and there were MAYBE 200 people there. Same thing with Kid Rock whose opening act included Obie Thrice (sp) and they all wore huge afros!!! I gotta go but briefly,acts I saw at Reptile House, Orbit Room,or one of the other under 500 person clubs in GR and hung out with,probably several times.

Tool,Violent Femmes,ICP x 20 at least (those bastards are crazy!),White Zombie,Oasis (couple of assholes!),No Doubt,Verve Pipe x 10(I saw them play in a basement outside MSU),Butthole Surfers,Beastie Boys (WAY back in the day), U2, Black Flag, Corrosion of Conformity, Misfits, Disturbed, Sonic Youth, Electric Hellfire Club, Karen Black, Kid Rock (when he rapped), geez ok there's more but that's enough! And no I've never fucked anybody famous that I know of . I'll see if I can get up with my sister,she has shoe boxes of pics,all of mine were lost in a fire(including ALL of my Army ones) and if I can get her to scan and send some to me,I'll post them. Laters...
Old 07-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I want to touch a famous vagina... just to say I did.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote