Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Agreed !! Love the DVR and hate most if not all commercials !!
OMG !!! HD is the shit! My life would be complete if these assholes at Suddenlink would get off their fat asses and get me more HD channels! Especially the Speed channel and several of the movie channels!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Their HD video from the Isle of Man TT was awesome.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Their HD video from the Isle of Man TT was awesome.
A friend of mine recorded it for me since he's got HD and said I HAD to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
OMG !!! HD is the shit!
I was watching football last weekend at my house in SD...not bad BUT later was watching it at a friends house in HD and I was like...that's it...I'm getting HD !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
A friend of mine recorded it for me since he's got HD and said I HAD to watch it.

I was watching football last weekend at my house in SD...not bad BUT later was watching it at a friends house in HD and I was like...that's it...I'm getting HD !!
Well, DUH! Plus double DUH for having a HD TV and NOT having HD programming!!! Seriously though, if the only HD channels available were Discovery HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies and NatGeo it would still be well worth the TV and equipment. Discovery HD had a show called Sunrise Earth that was literally an hour or two of a HD camera set in the middle of some nature scene (a waterfall, pasture with horses, waves crashing, etc) with the natural sounds and I would watch that shit!!!! In fact, I used to record that shit!

Oh and make sure you use either an HDMI cable or a component (red, blue, green) cable to hook that shit up! Do not use a S-video cable to hook-up your HD box or I will ride to Lake Norman and kick you square in the NUTS!!!!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 09-25-2009 at 10:36 AM..
Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well, DUH! Plus double DUH for having a HD TV and NOT having HD programming!!! Seriously though, if the only HD channels available were Discovery HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies and NatGeo it would still be well worth the TV and equipment. Discovery HD had a show called Sunrise Earth that was literally an hour or two of a HD camera set in the middle of some nature scene (a waterfall, pasture with horses, waves crashing, etc) with the natural sounds and I would watch that shit!!!! In fact, I used to record that shit!

Oh and make sure you use either an HDMI cable or a component (red, blue, green) cable to hook that shit up! Do not use a S-video cable to hook-up your HD box or I will ride to Lake Norman and kick you square in the NUTS!!!!

I have 5 TV's in the house including the garage hooked up to DirecTV but only one of them...the newest is HDTV. He11 the picture on it is still pretty good even in SD BUT looking at it and then looking at the friends back to back...yep...DUH !!

I do have a HDMI cable running from the BlueRay to the TV so I will make sure I get one for the new box to the TV as well.

The reason I'm just getting HD through them is that my 2 year contract just ran out so I can upgrade for free now.

A month or two ago when I bought the TV...they wanted $199 for the new HD box plus an installation charge to change the dish !! At first they wouldn't budge...then offered a $50 discount and I still said f*ck no...I'll switch to cable or DishNetwork. I knew my contract was getting near the expiration date so I just waited and then readdressed it and now it will be free.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

I have 5 TV's in the house including the garage hooked up to DirecTV but only one of them...the newest is HDTV. He11 the picture on it is still pretty good even in SD BUT looking at it and then looking at the friends back to back...yep...DUH !!

I do have a HDMI cable running from the BlueRay to the TV so I will make sure I get one for the new box to the TV as well.

The reason I'm just getting HD through them is that my 2 year contract just ran out so I can upgrade for free now.

A month or two ago when I bought the TV...they wanted $199 for the new HD box plus an installation charge to change the dish !! At first they wouldn't budge...then offered a $50 discount and I still said f*ck no...I'll switch to cable or DishNetwork. I knew my contract was getting near the expiration date so I just waited and then readdressed it and now it will be free.
Free FTMFW!!! BTW that's the one thing I hate about Direct TV, the contract! Did you have to sign up for another two years?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Free FTMFW!!! BTW that's the one thing I hate about Direct TV, the contract! Did you have to sign up for another two years?
Yes .....but honestly we've been totally happy with their service and the only issue is when I wanted to upgrade to HD before the contract was over....they want $$ and it's only free for 'new' customers of course.

Oh yeah...one more 'little' issue recently...they stopped carrying the Versus Channel and I liked it because they would show IRL Racing and WEC (extreme fighting). This does kinda pizz me off but I'm hoping that they work it out.

If I decide to switch any of the other TV's to HD within the next two years I guess I'll be visiting Ebay or Craigslist.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yes .....but honestly we've been totally happy with their service and the only issue is when I wanted to upgrade to HD before the contract was over....they want $$ and it's only free for 'new' customers of course.

Oh yeah...one more 'little' issue recently...they stopped carrying the Versus Channel and I liked it because they would show IRL Racing and WEC (extreme fighting). This does kinda pizz me off but I'm hoping that they work it out.

If I decide to switch any of the other TV's to HD within the next two years I guess I'll be visiting Ebay or Craigslist.
Yea, I wish I hadn't thrown my old Direct TV HD boxes out, I would have given them to you.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Yea, I wish I hadn't thrown my old Direct TV HD boxes out, I would have given them to you.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

z06...whats happens in 2 years when the contract is up again? Is the HD still free or will there be new charges?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote