Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Until yesterday I thought I was the king of self indulgence. Yesterday, on the 50 mile ride to work on my Goldwing a cool breeze informed me that the zipper on my swap meet jacket had failed. The Dealership where I bought my Ducati 999 is not far from my office so at lunch I took a ride up. As I walk in a salesman recognizes me and say after you are done (buying the jacket) come out back there is something you have to see. So I buy the jacket and wander out tot he service area. Where they are securing a Desmodecici RR and a 1098 R to pallets. They are BOTH being shipped to a guy in Texas. The salesmen then says the guy commutes on his S4RS and rides his Xerox on track days. Apparently this gentleman is no having 4 of the finest Spaghetti Benders any where in the world. I bow down to this level of self indulgence!
I know a few people like that... the most recent doesn't have time to ride his new 1098R - so rather than ride it, he's having it delivered with no fluids in order to put in his living room.

I told him it would be better served there the just the plastics... and to give the motor to me.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #12
byron12
cookie head

Moto: I now have cheap chinese pocket bike and a free non running kawasaki cruiser.

I actually know a local millionaire tycoon whose son went to high school with my wife. We were invited over to the "big house" to watch the TN vs GA game on the massive plasma screen that nobody could work. I ventured into the garage to find several rare and sought after vintage porsches, BMW GS, and 999r all with old as jellied gas in the gas tanks. I suppose if you have the time you can't afford it and if you can afford it you don't have time to enjoy it. I will say though said rich guy has a seventy mile an hour jet ski that I got to try one time it was awesome....
byron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #13
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Until yesterday I thought I was the king of self indulgence. Yesterday, on the 50 mile ride to work on my Goldwing a cool breeze informed me that the zipper on my swap meet jacket had failed. The Dealership where I bought my Ducati 999 is not far from my office so at lunch I took a ride up. As I walk in a salesman recognizes me and say after you are done (buying the jacket) come out back there is something you have to see. So I buy the jacket and wander out tot he service area. Where they are securing a Desmodecici RR and a 1098 R to pallets. They are BOTH being shipped to a guy in Texas. The salesmen then says the guy commutes on his S4RS and rides his Xerox on track days. Apparently this gentleman is no having 4 of the finest Spaghetti Benders any where in the world. I bow down to this level of self indulgence!
you have a pretty impressive stable of bikes yourself.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote