Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #11
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

What's the problem with campers? You see them on the killcam and then go shoot them. I can never get more than 2-3 kills in one spot before I get paybacked.

My issue is more with the stupid crap like shooting someone and having cash fly out of them and those dumb wild west guns they put in there. Still fun, but holy gay.

Last edited by Sean; 01-06-2010 at 12:41 PM..
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
AquaPython
put it THIS way

WaW is fun, but it takes even MORE bullets (than either MW) take someone down in normal Core mode.
play hardcore. much more mature players in HC. no little kids playing it like an arcade game. 1-2 bullets is all it takes every time. in all three of these games. no cheating with the minimap, unless UAV is EARNED. camping is realistic and you need to deal with it. i dont often camp myself, but i do have certain areas in most maps i like to hold down. either by myself or with others. but if the action is not there, i leave usually. in HC you have to take it slow. if you are looking for some one man rambo type of game, where you are supposed to go running into the infinite enemy hoards, then COD is not really for you.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #13
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
What's the problem with campers? You see them on the killcam and then go shoot them. I can never get more than 2-3 kills in one spot before I get paybacked.

My issue is more with the stupid crap like shooting someone and having cash fly out of them and those dumb wild west guns they put in there. Still fun, but holy gay.
You mean an 1800's double barreled shotgun? And how a guy can shoot me across the screen with akimbo pistols, but I can't hit him even though my acog scope is centered on his chest and I have the trigger held down? Ya, I like that part too..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #14
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Camping is so loathed by online players, that many games you can be kicked for it. It's so loathed that counterstrike had a no sniper option.

I know several people who have stopped for the reasons I listed. If you don't think it's a problem, keep enjoying the game. But, I think the fact that I'm usually the lowest rank at 44 in any game I play tells you how others feel about it.

I won't even get started on how I shoot somebody six times,(two bursts from my m16 to the center of mass and head) and then they knife me or shoot me with a much weaker gun and get me with one shot to the chest. B fuckign S...
for starters noone wishes there was a pistols only mode more than me. Secondly that c word gets thrown about so much that a good 95% of the time its used the other guy wasnt camping. And even if they are camping its easy as hell to go back and kill them. I see those people as freebies.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
WaW is fun, but it takes even MORE bullets (than either MW) take someone down in normal Core mode.
play hardcore. much more mature players in HC. no little kids playing it like an arcade game. 1-2 bullets is all it takes every time. in all three of these games. no cheating with the minimap, unless UAV is EARNED. camping is realistic and you need to deal with it. i dont often camp myself, but i do have certain areas in most maps i like to hold down. either by myself or with others. but if the action is not there, i leave usually. in HC you have to take it slow. if you are looking for some one man rambo type of game, where you are supposed to go running into the infinite enemy hoards, then COD is not really for you.
Do you respawn in hc? I think they could make FFA much better if they would disable the chat. Then you don't have two guys who line up so you can use the front guy as a shield, and the rear guy just racks up kill streaks. This pisses me off more than camping. In certain maps, camping has it's place.

What really drives me is when you're running around a map for 10 minutes and you "see" two guys. But, when you try to kill them, you're sniped off by the other 6 camping. So, you walk around getting shot until you see another guy hunting and the two of you get sniped.

I'm obviously still playing it, but I've been at 44 for about a week. And it only took me about 3-4 days to get there.

It's becoming continuously harder to find games as well. And the game also jumps around(your guy warps around on his own) or it freezes when you're about to knife a guy, so he has another 5 seconds to be ready to blow you away.

Basically, it's gone downhill very very fast. If I had known it would have been like this, I wouldn't have dropped the 60 bucks to renew live for another year..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
You mean an 1800's double barreled shotgun? And how a guy can shoot me across the screen with akimbo pistols, but I can't hit him even though my acog scope is centered on his chest and I have the trigger held down? Ya, I like that part too..
the 1800s have already been gimped. As for your other issue you know what you see isint what the other guy sees right? If his connection is better than yours or his console is host he has a speed advantage over you regardless of what you see. Watch it in kill cam. You might have fired half a mag but in the final judgment you barely got off a shot
Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #17
Sean
giggity

I've noticed better response going from a wireless connection (DLink Gaming) to a wired Cat6 cable.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
I've noticed better response going from a wireless connection (DLink Gaming) to a wired Cat6 cable.
damn skippy, i have a wired connection with my ps3 in the router's dmz. Nat2 all day and i catch hosting duties semi regularly
Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
Sean
giggity

How do you know you're hosting?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #20
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
How do you know you're hosting?
When you first enter a server, you'll be the first one in with full green bars while everyone else is sitting at 1 half-red bar.

BTW this game totally caters to campers. You can't run across a map without getting picked off by someone sitting in a window. But I'll deal and still play it.

*Tmall - not to rain on you're parade, but what Free-for-all do you play that allows 25kills and a nuke? The match is won at 25.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote