Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I don't think that is the case. I think that the stalker wants the stalkee to know how much they care, so they probably want to be seen.
Yeah, that would be the "I'm feeling pretty powerless about getting dumped (or whatever), so I'm gonna create an f'ed up relationship that I get to control" mindset.

Yeah, I'm married to a psychotherapist...
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #12
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Remember..."There is no such thing...as a Hot stalker!"

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I've never been on either side of the issue, but I almost understand it. When my ex left me it fucked me up and I had a hard time dealing with it. I wanted her back so bad that I didn't care what it meant. I knew though that even if she decided she wanted us back that it wouldn't be the same, maybe the stalker just doesn't understand that. Also, at the time I didn't think there could be anything as good or better after that, I was really fatalistic about relationships and very bitter. Thank God I got out o that or I never would have met Ulu and had the great relationship we've had the last eight years. Maybe the stalker is just desperate to be happy and believes, mistakenly so, that there's no other way to be happy unless they get you back. Who knows. I really think that loss and heartbreak combined with a little blindness can take love over the top to obssession. Alls I can say is there but from the grace of God...
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I've never understood this either. I'm an "anti-stalker", seriously, I'm the guy women get mad at because they say one negative thing and I never call them again. When it's done, it's done. There are way too many other people in the world for me to put that much effort into one person to be honest. If I call a girl 2 or 3 times and she doesn't return my calls, bang delete!

Although, I will say that sometimes I think that the world is a little quick to label someone a stalker these days. It's like if the woman likes the guy, he can follow her to the ends of the Earth. If she doesn't, he's a stalker if he stops at her work twice even if it's a public place like a restaurant. IMHO a person doesn't hit stalker status until the other person tells them straight out that they don't want anything to do with them and they still pursue. Hints don't really count.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I've never been on either side of the issue, but I almost understand it. When my ex left me it fucked me up and I had a hard time dealing with it. I wanted her back so bad that I didn't care what it meant. I knew though that even if she decided she wanted us back that it wouldn't be the same, maybe the stalker just doesn't understand that. Also, at the time I didn't think there could be anything as good or better after that, I was really fatalistic about relationships and very bitter. Thank God I got out o that or I never would have met Ulu and had the great relationship we've had the last eight years. Maybe the stalker is just desperate to be happy and believes, mistakenly so, that there's no other way to be happy unless they get you back. Who knows. I really think that loss and heartbreak combined with a little blindness can take love over the top to obssession. Alls I can say is there but from the grace of God...
Hmmm that makes sense, then there is low self esteem issues as well? What about the person that chases someone that they've never had a relationship with?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I've never understood this either. I'm an "anti-stalker", seriously, I'm the guy women get mad at because they say one negative thing and I never call them again. When it's done, it's done. There are way too many other people in the world for me to put that much effort into one person to be honest. If I call a girl 2 or 3 times and she doesn't return my calls, bang delete!

Although, I will say that sometimes I think that the world is a little quick to label someone a stalker these days. It's like if the woman likes the guy, he can follow her to the ends of the Earth. If she doesn't, he's a stalker if he stops at her work twice even if it's a public place like a restaurant. IMHO a person doesn't hit stalker status until the other person tells them straight out that they don't want anything to do with them and they still pursue. Hints don't really count.
You're making sense to me right now.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You're making sense to me right now.
Thanks, I've seen girls put the "stalker" label on a guy for calling a few times but end up dating a guy that called them 50 times... Huh?

I don't know but it's sometimes funny to me how something like this can back fire in their faces. A lot of men are terrified to pursue a woman anymore for fear of being labeled a stalker. Hell, a lot of your grandfathers would be labeled stalkers if they went after your grandmothers the same way they did back in the day... Oh and for the love of God don't you dare ask out a girl from work!

Several people have criticized where we guys "find our women" but the truth is that several of the old relationship pathways are now gone...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
How is it that people feel the need to follow people around. Especially people that they claim to love, or have loved? I mean, do they think that being part of the other person's life will make them closer to that person in some way? OR, do they think it will make the other person love them and want to be with them?

I know, I'm trying to understand crazy. In most cases crazy won't ever be understood. I'm just looking for a little enlightenment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I was thinking the trouble letting go was probably the top of the list. I mean, how dare the other person move on with their life when you can't [or won't]. That, maybe if the stalker hangs around the stalkee enough they will remember all the fantastic times and want to give it another go? Let's just forget all the psycho activity of being a bad stalker because you're busted out in the open and stuff....
Amen! If you find the answer, I'd like to know too.
Been dealing with HIS pyscho ex for months now.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

stalkers equal psycho. But its a broad genre. Basically they feel like having you will fix or feed some psychological need. These needs run the gamut, so each case is pretty much an individual.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Shoot them.
It's Texas, right?