Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #11
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

New rear hugger.... been wanting one of these forever

The wreck happened at exactly 177,428 miles..... been riding her for about 5.5 days now and logged exactly 951 miles. Still running absolutely perfect, and haven't had a single problem! First full tank of fuel I burned through I got 42.87 MPG, so I would venture to say she's running pretty good!

And last but not least..... one INCREDIBLY happy thirdgenlxi

Phew.... that's all the pics! Thank god, I've been typing this for about 5 hours now, and really getting a headache, lol. But yea, everything ended up working out in the end, and I'm just happy to have my baby back, and still running on about 95% of her original engine. I swapped EVERYTHING from my old engine to the new block, everything down to the neutral indicator switch, oil pressure sensor, and thermostat housing. Only parts used from the new engine were the block, crank and crank bearings, and starter (mine started giving probs after I took it out). Every other part in or on the engine.... original. It may not be 100% anymore like it was, but hey, given the situation I think it's the best solution I had to keep her as original as I possibly could. And it worked! And for all the people that kept telling me it wasn't worth it, and it was gonna cost more to fix it than it would be to buy a new bike, hear this: Grand total for EVERYTHING I did was right at $1100. I used the remaining $2200 to pay off a $2200 credit card debt that's been hanging over my head for waaaayyyy too long now, so it's completely gone. So now I have MY bike back, and no debt at all.... I think I like my way of handling this situation a little better than alot of the responses I got, lol. Plus I've got a box full of engine parts to sell, maybe make a few bucks back!

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed the pics! Sorry if I made your computer crash. Roadtrip pics will be soon to follow!

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #12
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Dude..that is fucking AMAZING.

Fantastic work..and very impressive!!
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Looks great!

I can't believe how good the internals looked from that 177k motor - you really are a freakin' machine, dude. I wonder how the internal parts of your 400k car look? I'm wagering they look about the same as the insides of your F4i. Freakin' awesome.

I was hoping you'd just replace the broken bits and leave the rest as-is

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showpost....23&postcount=9

I know when my car got totaled at 210,000 I wanted to keep everything I could (alas, I was broke and couldn't keep the car). I totally understand wanting to keep something as original as possible when it's served you so well.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Pretty sure it took me an hour to get through this thread, but damn. Nice work man. Really nice. Impressive that your engine was in better shape than the new one. Really speaks volumes to your maintenence.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #15
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Excellent! I'm still putting my 748 together after buying it with a spun crank. I didn't take anywhere near that many pictures! LOL But, I am taking video of the whole thing.

I've had to take a couple of bikes down that far, and it is very rewarding when you hit the starter button and it actually starts!

Congrats! Looks great!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #16
goof2
AMA Supersport

That was a hell of a project. Nice work. I'm amazed at the condition of the engine internals. I hope you get another 177k out of it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Dang man. You did all that hard work just to get bug juice on your new bike. I thought you were a clean guy.

Congrats man. I know the feeling about keeping something you love alive. Feels good. Got a couple questions if you dont mind answering.

1. Does it have a salvage title now and does your insurance company insure salvage? I've always looked at salvage deals but never really got to the point of cash in my hands.

2. What oil have you been running for the most miles on your bike? I see that you're using a puralator 1 filter. I do to. Wish I could fit a big one on my engine like you can on yours. I have rad hoses in front of mine so I have to use the 3.5" height ones.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Was wondering the same thing about the title.

So yeh what kind of magic joojoo juice do you use to keep the engine that good looking?
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Its crazy how his 177k mile engine had the same amount (or less) carbon build up as the 15k engine.

This is why I hate buying used.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #20
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Looks great man. Glad you got it done and happy.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote