Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
And I'm pretty sure Indiana is "one party knowledge" when it comes to recording phone calls.

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm

State Laws (Table)
While the U.S. federal law only requires one-party consent, many states have accepted different laws. In some states all parties must give their consent or at least be notified that the call is about to be recorded (with necessary opt-out option: if you don’t like them to record the call, you can ask them to stop recording). There also was a case law decision from many years ago (the 1950's) that went to the Supreme Court and affirmed that the federal law does not supersede state authority/statutes unless the call or the tap crosses state lines – that is why each state went ahead and established their own guideline/statute.

States Requiring One Party Notification
shitville
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
District Of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma Oregon
Ohio
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck, { removed "darling" ex comments }

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Lots of great advice in this thread.

Like others, it sickens me to see parent's use a child this way.

My only piece of advice, other than following other's advice and recording or getting everything in writing, is to TAKE NOTES. Take notes on everything. It may be useful down the line.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Opposite custodial situation to the OP, but I let my ex-wife keep my son overnight a couple of days a week during the school year. My daughter will only go there because she has to every other weekend.
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Lots of great advice in this thread.

Like others, it sickens me to see parent's use a child this way.

My only piece of advice, other than following other's advice and recording or getting everything in writing, is to TAKE NOTES. Take notes on everything. It may be useful down the line.
Yep! I meant to comment further on this because it seemed as if he took an extreme view of my statements.

I never meant to imply that you "forget" about your daughter or act as if you don't care... Is that the only other response to this situation? I fully expect you to request your daughter overnight, please do so in writing, record it or at least note it when you do, but I'm asking you not to get angry when she says no. I'm asking you not to sink to her level...

You, "Hey is it okay if I keep "Muffin" overnight and take her to school tomorrow?"

Bitch, "No! I don't think it's a good idea for her to be over there all night when you have that whore there!"

You, "Oh... well... I'm disappointed but I guess I'll drop "Muffin" off on the way to take " GF" to that new restaurant downtown.", "Let me know if you change your mind, thanks"

Give her a few weeks of this and I promise you she'll be "forcing" you to take your little girl. Women aren't nearly as "mysterious" as they think they are. Many, not all, are petty, childish, trifling little cunts that are very easy to manipulate if you can keep your head. The only reason that she doesn't want you to have your daughter overnight is that you've made it important to you. If you had NOT wanted to keep your little girl over night (like most of these part time "fathers"), she would be trying to cram the child down your throat every other night. I've seen it 1,000 times minimum.

BTW I understand how important this is to you but I think that you are being a bit paranoid regarding the court. You are giving them WAY too much credit. I'm not saying go crazy or anything but I doubt that they are going to microscopically examine every little thing you do.They'll probably split up custody the same way they always do barring any psycho shenanigans from you or the ex. Quite frankly, this is very important to you but to them it's just another of the thousands of custody cases to get through...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #15
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yep! I meant to comment further on this because it seemed as if he took an extreme view of my statements.

I never meant to imply that you "forget" about your daughter or act as if you don't care... Is that the only other response to this situation? I fully expect you to request your daughter overnight, please do so in writing, record it or at least note it when you do, but I'm asking you not to get angry when she says no. I'm asking you not to sink to her level...

You, "Hey is it okay if I keep "Muffin" overnight and take her to school tomorrow?"

Bitch, "No! I don't think it's a good idea for her to be over there all night when you have that whore there!"

You, "Oh... well... I'm disappointed but I guess I'll drop "Muffin" off on the way to take " GF" to that new restaurant downtown.", "Let me know if you change your mind, thanks"

Give her a few weeks of this and I promise you she'll be "forcing" you to take your little girl. Women aren't nearly as "mysterious" as they think they are. Many, not all, are petty, childish, trifling little cunts that are very easy to manipulate if you can keep your head. The only reason that she doesn't want you to have your daughter overnight is that you've made it important to you. If you had NOT wanted to keep your little girl over night (like most of these part time "fathers"), she would be trying to cram the child down your throat every other night. I've seen it 1,000 times minimum.

BTW I understand how important this is to you but I think that you are being a bit paranoid regarding the court. You are giving them WAY too much credit. I'm not saying go crazy or anything but I doubt that they are going to microscopically examine every little thing you do.They'll probably split up custody the same way they always do barring any psycho shenanigans from you or the ex. Quite frankly, this is very important to you but to them it's just another of the thousands of custody cases to get through...
Cool. Yeah, I did interpret your comments on the extreme side, but like your example above. May have to try that.

Bitch went psycho tonight after I took Allie to a free TaeKwonDo lesson that I signed her up for two weeks ago. I told her about it last night after Allie talked to her and was told that SHE wanted Allie to be in Girl Scouts and do tumbling, and that 3 activities is too much. Whatever, I took her anyway, it's my night to have my daughter so her bitch of a mother can kiss my ass. They were running a special (not surprised) where you get 3 lessons and the garb for $50. So I bought a package for me and one for my daughter. Naturally, I got bitched at tonight and told that Allie can't do that because her mom wants her to do other things. Again, I just said ok, have a good night. Still going to take her to the class, her mom can just eat a dick.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Cool. Yeah, I did interpret your comments on the extreme side, but like your example above. May have to try that.

Bitch went psycho tonight after I took Allie to a free TaeKwonDo lesson that I signed her up for two weeks ago. I told her about it last night after Allie talked to her and was told that SHE wanted Allie to be in Girl Scouts and do tumbling, and that 3 activities is too much. Whatever, I took her anyway, it's my night to have my daughter so her bitch of a mother can kiss my ass. They were running a special (not surprised) where you get 3 lessons and the garb for $50. So I bought a package for me and one for my daughter. Naturally, I got bitched at tonight and told that Allie can't do that because her mom wants her to do other things. Again, I just said ok, have a good night. Still going to take her to the class, her mom can just eat a dick.
See there you go... don't argue with this chick. Good job!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #17
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
I agree. Completely.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #18
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I agree. Completely.
And that's how friendships are born.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #19
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

It will drive her nuts! I love it. Great advice from people here as they are so right.
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #20
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Met with my attorney yesterday. The court date can't be moved up, I just have to wait. Her attorney hasn't returned any phone calls and mine says he works some cases on a "flat-fee" and that he doesn't give much attention to those cases. It's also possible she hasn't paid her attorney yet.

I also found out a likely reason for her to try to keep me from having my daughter overnight. Child support is based on the number of "overnights" you have the child in a year. The fewer nights I have my daughter, the more she gets in support. What's absolutely stupid is that I could have my daughter ALL day long, but if she spends that night at her mom's house, I effectively have to pay support for that day.

I've never had any set child support. She always said she only wanted me to pay for daycare, which I've always done.

My attorney seems to think she won't win, but says the judge is inconsistent in her rulings. He doesn't seem to think she will be in this case because there is an established schedule that has been in place for some time and the judge won't want to disrupt things.

I can only wait and see.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote