Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Nobody talks like that
No kidding and if you look...the two sales pitches have quite a few similarities...would almost bet they are the same person and/or group that put out both of these.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
...from another forum and although different...sounds very similar...

"This 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600, with 3,846 miles, runs and drives excellent. This bike has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. This is a babied bike. Never been to a track day, dropped, or pushed in anyway. Clear title free of encumbrances and liens. All stock, excellent condition. I have a book with every single receipt from maintenance. I bought it when i was serving in Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD and now I am in United Kingdom.

I have dropped my price to $2800 (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before 28 July, when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home."
[/url]
Why would transferring from the UK to Iraq mean that you need to dispose of a bike in the US? Logic fail. It would make more sense if they were shipping out from the US to Iraq. Oops, but that would mean potential buyers would ask if they could come over and see the (non-existant) bike. Can't have that.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Why would transferring from the UK to Iraq mean that you need to dispose of a bike in the US? Logic fail. It would make more sense if they were shipping out from the US to Iraq. Oops, but that would mean potential buyers would ask if they could come over and see the (non-existant) bike. Can't have that.
Someone on the other forum also mentioned that it's funny how it states "Fort Belvoir near Bethesda, MD"...I mean yes it is but it's actually closer to Washington, DC.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Not sure why Ebay would need someone's name and address....

Don't see a base sticker either...lol
Base stickers are a thing of the past now. I know the Air Force has done away with them. A year or two after 9/11 they stopped issuing base stickers and went with 100% ID checks as the norm.

For those that don't know, with a base sticker, before 9/11, security forces would wave you on the base as they saw your sticker. As opposed to stopping and showing your ID.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Ask for pictures of the VIN tag
Old 07-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Tell 'em you want to buy it, but you're in Nigeria and will pay for it by a bank check mailed using FedEx. All you need is their full name, phone number, address and email.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote