Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The Beretta looks interesting........I'm not a fan of their dime-a-dozen government-issue 92/96 models, they are too heavy for their caliber, and their grips are too thick.
My buddy just got a clean used 92fs from Gander Mountain. Not very impressed with it by holding it, especially compared to my XD-9. That might change once I shoot it.

Now his brother's 96 I like a little better. Not sure what model 96 it is though.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #12
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Dude, you own a Croatian Abortion and you're not impressed by a Beretta 92FS?

So, if you roll up on a Yugo, you're not impressed by an Alpha Romeo either?

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:54 AM   #13
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Why would anyone be impressed by the most common, generic gun in the world? I'm sure it's got good build quality, but other than that, it's boring because it's so common. And it's too heavy for a 9mm, IMO.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-19-2010 at 04:27 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:11 AM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:

Croation Abortion? It's standard issue law enforcement/military as the HS2000. You act like its a dog. Infact, if I remember correctly the original version has won awards by the SIAE, and my friend just mentioned that the XDM-9 just won handgun of the year from them and other magazine publications this past year.

As far as the 92, like I said... I havnt fired his yet. But initial impressions didnt leave me with any good feelings. The weighting was weird, it was heavy, and it didnt fit my hand well. His 96 felt MUCH better.

BTW, i was just in Europe for a couple weeks. I'd totally rock a 159, Brera, or 8C compitizione...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:56 AM   #15
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Why would anyone be impressed by the most common, generic gun in the world? I'm sure it's got good build quality, but other than that, it's boring because it's so common. And it's too heavy for a 9mm, IMO.
Most common? Try a Glock. Talk about common.

Too heavy? Lift some weights. Jesus H. Christ, how wimpy can you people be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Croation Abortion? It's standard issue law enforcement/military as the HS2000. You act like its a dog. Infact, if I remember correctly the original version has won awards by the SIAE, and my friend just mentioned that the XDM-9 just won handgun of the year from them and other magazine publications this past year.

As far as the 92, like I said... I havnt fired his yet. But initial impressions didnt leave me with any good feelings. The weighting was weird, it was heavy, and it didnt fit my hand well. His 96 felt MUCH better.

BTW, i was just in Europe for a couple weeks. I'd totally rock a 159, Brera, or 8C compitizione...
The HS2000 was a decent, inexpensive handgun.

The XD is twice the price for the same thing. How does it feel to grossly overpay on something like that? Also let me know when the XD/HS2000 is being accepted by any major fighting unit.

You complain that the 92 didn't fit your hand well and that's why you aren't impressed? Guess what? The XD probably doesn't fit a lot of people's hands either. Should it be dismissed or degraded because the grip doesn't fit everybody's hands?

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
You know the weight makes it more controlable right? I'm with fal here, lift some damn weights
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

Same shit different caliber.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #18
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Fal, I demoed the px4 a couple of years back. Iirc the trigger was so light and long it gave me issues, much preferred the full framed usp45 and beretta 92 brigadier vertec I fired afterward
Old 09-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Nice fnfalman! As long as you like them, good! I liked the PX4 9mm, never shot the 45 but I'm sure it is nice too.
Not a fan of the other kind you got there, but to each their own.

Quote:
The XD is twice the price for the same thing. How does it feel to grossly overpay on something like that? Also let me know when the XD/HS2000 is being accepted by any major fighting unit.
Really? I find around here the Beretta's being much more expensive than the Springfield's. Awesome if you got the Beretta for a good price.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:

Sorry FNfalman Respectfully, I will take My XD over the Open slide on the 92. Both good guns I like the XD better.
But when it has to work every time give me a Wheel Gun.
How about giving us a write up on the Sig?

Last edited by nhgunnut; 09-19-2010 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: forgot the important question
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote