Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Thanks, I just want to make sure I avoid the places "Cops" prefer filming at. Though I would love to work Vanderbilt ER for a night.

We are mainly going to look for the bars and some cool little nashville star wannabes playing at them. I'm not sure what else they want to do. They just chose there because it is halfway between Atlanta and Indiana University.

Is there some "Tourist" stuff you have to do in Nashville? Kind of like if you go to Chicago you have to go to the Sears/Willis tower to get a picture, Eiffel tower in Paris with a kiss, or a gay night club in San Francisco.

Also what are some kick-ass places to eat???

if you're looking for THE place to go it would be the Opryland Hotel. even though you're not staying you can walk around and check it out. fantastic place. Girlfriend worked there when we lived there.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
ShanMan14
sunuvabytch

Nashville is cool. For bars, go to the Flying Saucer. Yazoo has a tap room, new and nice but no food.
ShanMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
As a bar tender in the greater Nashville area, you have to let know when ur coming in....
What part of greater Nashville? I'm not sure that we'll be in the greater area but who knows. I do have some questions about Nashville. Either next summer or the summer after we are planning on moving somewhere. Nashville or places in TN have been a consideration. Along with Raleigh, Charleston, Charlotte, and other similar small/big cities (vs ATL, NYC, etc)

How is it living in Nashville? Any pros or cons? Also what good 4 year colleges are there (my major is in Chemistry and going for PA)? Cost of a 1-2 bedroom apartment or small house? Also most importantly what areas to avoid?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
What part of greater Nashville? I'm not sure that we'll be in the greater area but who knows. I do have some questions about Nashville. Either next summer or the summer after we are planning on moving somewhere. Nashville or places in TN have been a consideration. Along with Raleigh, Charleston, Charlotte, and other similar small/big cities (vs ATL, NYC, etc)

How is it living in Nashville? Any pros or cons? Also what good 4 year colleges are there (my major is in Chemistry and going for PA)? Cost of a 1-2 bedroom apartment or small house? Also most importantly what areas to avoid?
How about California? High taxes, tons of Mexicans, smog, dirty, expensive rent and good riding roads. It's perfect!

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #15
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:

Vanderbilt is a great University I hear.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/
Old 10-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #16
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
How about California? High taxes, tons of Mexicans, smog, dirty, expensive rent and good riding roads. It's perfect!
We are actually thinking about it. We have a place in Huntington Beach we could use for free or close to it. We're just not sure if we want to be in California and also we don't know much about the schools and how much that will be.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #17
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:

I live in Murfreesboro which is about a half hour from down town Nashville and attend Middle TN State University while getting my M.S. It is the largest college in TN (even larger then the famed UT Knoxville)

I enjoy it alot down here. The roads are really good and we have a decent group of riders that pay nice with others. I am currently renting a house with three other students and our rent is $250 each a month and we have a mile commute to school and we are on 3 acres of land, six if you count the other rental property on the opposite side of the lot.

I would avoid Antioch and Smyrna, I know more about the area south of Nashville more then the Nashville proper.

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #18
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:

having lived in both NC and Tenn as an "outsider" I would go back to NC before Tenn.
NC folks seemed more friendly right away, the countryside is fantastic, more to do, more to see. Don't get me wrong I would move back to Tenn in a heartbeat as well but, if I was choosing either or I would go with NC.
One thing I noticed about Tenn the most was it seemed to have a drastic "class" system. this could be because I was very poor there. (homeless for awhile then just poor and struggling) They were definitely still in civil war mode when I lived there as well. I literally had a job offer rescinded because the mgr seen my "yankee" plates on my truck.
Carolina I never had any "yankee" issues at all.
Most folks in Tenn were as friendly as could be.
If you're used to being up north and you hunt or shoot in general, the gun laws of both will take a bit to get used to.
my disclaimer is that I have not lived in either in a few years so things have probably changed. i do visit both almost annually though.
I actually lived outside of Nashville in Lebanon. very nice little town.

cities I have spent time in include Nashville, knoxville, and Bristol and a few small towns in Tenn

in NC I went to Raleigh, Durham, Rockingham, Charlotte, and others I can't remember.

seemed to have more variety in NC. Tenn was music or racing. Carolina was Beaches, racing, cruising, colleges, hiking, mountains, dancing, hunting etc.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

I ride with a few ppl from Lebanon, mostly Buell riders from there, FatBastard in fact.

I agree with the yankee comment, they hold a bit of a grudge, but most will laugh it off eventuall,

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #20
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
I ride with a few ppl from Lebanon, mostly Buell riders from there, FatBastard in fact.

I agree with the yankee comment, they hold a bit of a grudge, but most will laugh it off eventuall,

yeah it's funny I haven't been back to Lebanon since we left. I would kind of like to go and see it again. the Yankee incident actually worked out in my favor at the time. wound up getting hooked up with a pipeline outfit that really helped get me back on the feet, then went to work at Nashville Wire co after the pipeline gig was done. NWC was owned or run by a guy from Chicago who loved to hire yankees.
otherwise like you said it was mostly said in a joking tone.

I liek going to visit Knoxville and the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area (Smokey Mountains) but Nashville I don't really miss.