Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

real is shitty, apples monopoly over it's products is stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #12
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Fuck Apple, and fuck iPod.

That is all......
I just fixed a touch for vic last night. A factory reset bricked the fucking thing. Apparently itunes is required to start one. Fine, np, oops errors everywhere. Had to blow an hour reading through thread after thread of moronic itards who had a similar issue and just bought a new one before I found the double secret button combo to put it in a restorable state. Shit company, shit software, shit product. Hope jobs gets aids
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Fuck Apple, and fuck iPod.

That is all......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
real is shitty, apples monopoly over it's products is stupid.
Problem is that there really isnt any mp3 player out there that is as good as the ipod is. Apple really did do something good when they designed it and through improvements through the years. Zune came close, but never really caught on. So instead we are all stuck with ipods
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Ummmm...
So they weren't able to convince the Judge that Jobs medical condition was serious enough that he could not answer a couple of questions? Or was it a timing issue?

I personally think the lawsuit should be chucked out the window.

Ummmm...
So they weren't able to convince the Judge that Jobs medical condition was serious enough that he could not answer a couple of questions? Or was it a timing issue?

I personally think the lawsuit should be chucked out the window.
You think so?

You think so?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Problem is that there really isnt any mp3 player out there that is as good as the ipod is. Apple really did do something good when they designed it and through improvements through the years. Zune came close, but never really caught on. So instead we are all stuck with ipods
unless you are using a shuffle/new nano, I don't see the point when you have an Android phone.

Doubletwist will even make it itunes friendly if you want to fuck with itunes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Have had a gen 1 zune for 5 years now. I've beat the ever living hell out of it, and I've had 5 problem free years. I think I have dropped it on every surface I can imagine, been down a flight of stairs 3 times, and into a puddle twice. Starts up and plays just like the day I bought it. That's the kind of product that will make me a customer for life.

The same can't be said for the countless friends who have had multiple ipods shit out on them, almost like they have a planed life cycle. Hmmmm.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #17
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Have had a gen 1 zune for 5 years now. I've beat the ever living hell out of it, and I've had 5 problem free years. I think I have dropped it on every surface I can imagine, been down a flight of stairs 3 times, and into a puddle twice. Starts up and plays just like the day I bought it. That's the kind of product that will make me a customer for life.

The same can't be said for the countless friends who have had multiple ipods shit out on them, almost like they have a planed life cycle. Hmmmm.....
This. I've gone through a couple of ipods that crap out for no god damn fucking reason at all. Zune still chugs along. I know I can dump all my music on my X, but I like having a separate mp3 player.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I have heard good things about the Archos 43. I might check one out. I have a Creative Zen which I like but I want much more memory then the 8 gb I have now.

IMO the only thing(s) Ipods have is the aftermarket support and the connection. The location of the connector and the type allows the use of the dock. This will also charge it which is good and bad. Some people don't want the battery being charged all the time. Those are the only real benefits I see with the Ipod.

I don't think Ipods are bad (priced too high but anyway) but I don't think they are THAT good.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I have tried a few of the alternate MP3 players out there and have been very dissapointed, but the ipod line really hasnt let me down too much. Granted my experience is based on the original shuffle, a gen 5 classic and the last gen nano. I lost the shuffle, the gen 5 worked great until I started to need something smaller which is why I bought the nano, and now I cant seem to find the gen 5, and now the nano which I destroyed in the washing machine and dryer. Overall it is a very user friendly product, and pretty durable.

Really what I see the ipods have over the competition is the memory size, and ease of use of the actual music player. Itunes software is a whole nother story all together, it blows donkey balls.

I also include in my assessment the aftermarket support of a product.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #20
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Shit, my first gen iPod is still going strong. Anecdotes work both ways, I guess.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote