Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Yes, god forbid a group of workers want to do their job safely and correctly, so they can go home uninjured at night, as opposed to having their bodies thrown in a vat of battery acid when they get hurt, only to be replaced by another underpaid worker while their own family starves.
You need to come down here my friend, our safety dept, at the 2 jobsites I work at, actualy has more headaches from the unions than from management.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #12
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
You need to come down here my friend, our safety dept, at the 2 jobsites I work at, actualy has more headaches from the unions than from management.

I dunno what union you have at your jobsites, but I know up here with my Union, Steelworkers of America, wont support people not doing their jobs, except in the case that the job is unsafe.

We dont work that hard (we cant, we work in poison, were not even supposed to sweat in some areas because of chemicals entering the body through our pores), but we are still expected to do our jobs, both by the company and the union.

The company however, would love to see us all poisoned, as long as it results in more production.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I dunno what union you have at your jobsites, but I know up here with my Union, Steelworkers of America, wont support people not doing their jobs, except in the case that the job is unsafe.

We dont work that hard (we cant, we work in poison, were not even supposed to sweat in some areas because of chemicals entering the body through our pores), but we are still expected to do our jobs, both by the company and the union.

The company however, would love to see us all poisoned, as long as it results in more production.
We have a bunch on the sites. Carpenters, laborers, iron workers, mason/concrete guys, teamsters, plumbers/steamfitters and electricians.

the plumbers and electricians are the worst with all the crap they try pulling. Wer eworking with skanska primarilay on these jobs and management here realy pushes worker safety. FDNY and the other agencies are prety blown away with how well they have their shit together.

Granted these are the jobsites and companies I have dealt with personally. I have heard horror stories from others about the stuff they do at other jobsites. To me skanska seems ok with throwing money around to fix problems if it makes the right improvements.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote