Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-16-2008, 02:25 AM   #11
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Man... open your own shop. I have had a bunch of people try to talk me into it.. but I can ditch this full time gig I have now. Make too good of money. That's my vote

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Economy must be bad... even knob polishers are getting laid off...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:37 AM   #13
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Economy must be bad... even knob polishers are getting laid off...
Well at least they still have a job for you in the knee pad R&D dept.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I say... FIRST... get a job at one of the local motorcycle parts department... pay attention to how things are run... what people really look for... and what the busy times of the day, month, year are... also it'll help you build a raport with some customers that you can pull to your store when you finnally do make that jump.

THEN start your own buisness... I think jumping into it would be an unnessary risk... especially with it being your only real source of income... and not having any experience with it.

I'll tell ya right now... if you were to open a shop... I'd buy exclusively from you... (cept for emergancy purchases) all about help'n a friend out.

One thing to think about though is... this could be your chance to leave ND... I know you've got family and it's home... but after living litterally all over the world... trust me... your family will follow and home is a state of mind.

if your happy in ND... cool... if not... really give it some thought.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #15
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

If you start your own shop Cutty, I would buy shit from ya. all about helpin a brother out...

If you want to work year round , you gotta work on ATV and in your area proably snowmobiles..

Home really is a state of mind... no doubt about it
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I say... FIRST... get a job at one of the local motorcycle parts department... pay attention to how things are run... what people really look for... and what the busy times of the day, month, year are... also it'll help you build a raport with some customers that you can pull to your store when you finnally do make that jump.

THEN start your own buisness... I think jumping into it would be an unnessary risk... especially with it being your only real source of income... and not having any experience with it.

I'll tell ya right now... if you were to open a shop... I'd buy exclusively from you... (cept for emergancy purchases) all about help'n a friend out.

One thing to think about though is... this could be your chance to leave ND... I know you've got family and it's home... but after living litterally all over the world... trust me... your family will follow and home is a state of mind.

if your happy in ND... cool... if not... really give it some thought.
We both have grandparents who may/maynot be around much longer..... So I know I would like to stay here for them. And yes, I am a huge granddaddy's girl so leaving him would be hard..... Plus I have my horse, 2 cats, 2 bikes, hopefully a puppy soon...... So that's alot of crapt to move around. But we'll see.... i would love to move to Colorado.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider76 View Post
If you start your own shop Cutty, I would buy shit from ya. all about helpin a brother out...

If you want to work year round , you gotta work on ATV and in your area proably snowmobiles..

Home really is a state of mind... no doubt about it
We both will have sales, marketing and management degrees so maybe..... I kindof know how to design websites and would love to deal with that and have my own business. So maybe. I think with all the spoiled, daddy's money posers here would would be golden. There's a shop like that for coffee can cars around here (aka rice rockets) and they do really good with daddy's money boys....... I agree with cutty. For sure would want to have a backup plan. Maybe keep both jobs I am at now as part-time, just in case.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #17
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Actually got called for an interview for one of the full time Guard positions, so that looks hopeful.

Put in a few more apps, we'll see if those bring me anything.
Got a call from Monster.com today, they want to try to place me somewhere, so that's a lead.
And lastly, sounds like I could get on with a couple farmers here for harvest at least to keep the $$ rolling in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #18
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
But we'll see.... i would love to move to Colorado.......
Hard work, but great pay on all the new drill rigs in western Colorado. Plus the housing may still be cheap. And there's lots of BLM land for riding horses and dirt bikes. As for road riding, there's the nearby Colorado Monument, and eastern Utah right next door. The weather is great and there's no better riding. Period.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #19
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

I was in Grand Junction two years ago... pretty nice, saw the wild horses in Little Book Cliffs... Nice area if you like the outdoors stuff...
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #20
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Hard work, but great pay on all the new drill rigs in western Colorado. Plus the housing may still be cheap. And there's lots of BLM land for riding horses and dirt bikes. As for road riding, there's the nearby Colorado Monument, and eastern Utah right next door. The weather is great and there's no better riding. Period.
i wouldn't do anything with the drill rigs..... I might be able to transfer with verizon and then find a security job too.... I have 2 and half years of school to do to get my bachelors. I will graduate with an AAS this December. So for sure there will be no moving until 3 years when Cutty comes home.. Then the wedding will be then.... And then we can move. All our family is here so to move befor the wedding would just be stupid.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote