Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I've never have had anyone tell me this. Maybe because I always have my bright's on.

It's nice they inform you, but I see more people in cages with lights out - tail lights, turn signals, etc.... Maybe they should check their own vehicle if they are that worried.
Last time Steve and I were out riding, we pulled into a gas station and the female attendant literally ran out to tell both of us that we BOTH have a light out, guess in her mind it was purely coincidence that two bikes pulling in at the same time had a light out
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
insert mission impossible theme music here (_______) Okay here's the deal, I'm going to seriously flip my lid, this is where each of you can help, we must spread the word, by mouth, by public service announcements, by work related staff meetings, thankgiving dinners, at the gym while working out, I mean please help to spread the word that:

[That motorcycles have a lo and high beam, so no my FUCKING light is not out!!!
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Do you choose to accept this mission??
I would get that when I had my R6. So one day a guy I know said it was out. "I said are you sure? Look again." He looked down, I hit the highs and bang. LOL.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #13
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I would get that when I had my R6. So one day a guy I know said it was out. "I said are you sure? Look again." He looked down, I hit the highs and bang. LOL.

James
"Can you look close to see if the filament is busted in there or something?" POW!
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
I've never have had anyone tell me this. Maybe because I always have my bright's on.

It's nice they inform you, but I see more people in cages with lights out - tail lights, turn signals, etc.... Maybe they should check their own vehicle if they are that worried.
My best friend was up from FL (rode his CBR1kRR up... stock seat, crazy fucker. Sorry, I digress)... His brother kept bugging him about his headlight being out, even though he explained multiple times that it's supposed to be like that... finally he did the "flick flick, tap tap" while secretly reaching over and flicking the high-beam switch thing and got "Whoa! You fixed it!"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
My best friend was up from FL (rode his CBR1kRR up... stock seat, crazy fucker. Sorry, I digress)... His brother kept bugging him about his headlight being out, even though he explained multiple times that it's supposed to be like that... finally he did the "flick flick, tap tap" while secretly reaching over and flicking the high-beam switch thing and got "Whoa! You fixed it!"
Perhaps I should have trip make me a lo beam and hi beam sticker to apply directly over each.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

I see a ton of folks driving with their lights out and having no clue since new cars have daytime lamps and gauge illumination. Two a week easy. Government mandates like that just make people stupid...er
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Perhaps I should have trip make me a lo beam and hi beam sticker to apply directly over each.
Then you'd get "Hey dude - did you know you left the sticker on showing which light is which?"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

It is actually a real problem, I had an officer write me a ticket for having a light out on my bike a few years back, it was a fix it ticket so I got a letter from a dealership saying that it was supposed to have one light out on low beam, they said I would have to formally petition the judge to have this ticket removed. So I paid the ticket and wrote the judge a letter.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
It is actually a real problem, I had an officer write me a ticket for having a light out on my bike a few years back, it was a fix it ticket so I got a letter from a dealership saying that it was supposed to have one light out on low beam, they said I would have to formally petition the judge to have this ticket removed. So I paid the ticket and wrote the judge a letter.
see, that's just fucking stupid.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #20
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
"Can you look close to see if the filament is busted in there or something?" POW!
That's what I used to do with my Bandit and it had HIDs

They take a few seconds to power up and get bright but for a split second when you would hit the high beam it would flash super bright.

Then the 954 had 3 lights so it wasn't a problem. The 12 has both on for high and low also. I have not heard headlight comments for a while now.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote