Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

personally i like wall-e and other movies that verge on chickflicks, but i cant stand the thought of sitting through a commercial of this movie let alone the entire movie, rather remove each eye with a old tire valve from a old race bike and shove tire irons in each ear, slowly, then sit through said movie from hell....

then again, thats just me

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #12
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

I liked Wall-E too.

Eeeeeeeva.

Walllllllllly.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
dReWpY
RIP REX

if i could rep you for that, i would...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 07-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Wall-e felt like I was being force fed propaganda. That was way too political for kids. It was a decent movie, but it could of done without some of that liberal bulls**t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #15
dReWpY
RIP REX

yeah, i didnt think it was a kids movie, too much of a point behind it for a child to grasp or even chuckle at, but as a tree huggin' neo-nature nazi, i enjoyed it

only kidding about the tree huggin' part only time i hugged a tree was when i about fell into the water on the river when i was out clubbing baby seals in the sandusky river...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 07-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I usually like the pixar movies, but that one was just way too preachy.

I watched into the wild last night which is another preachy type movie. God that was depressingly awful. It was based on a true story though, which made it worse.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #17
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

i'll admit it, im a treehugger and think all life is sacred...so while I think that Happy Feet and WallE are great movies, I also remember to take them with a grain of salt and remember the message is different for different parties.

We adults see the message, the kids get the entertainment...

I am to the point these days I refuse to watch "real life/true story" type movies. Real life is depressing enough, and watching someone else's sad battle for either good or ill in real life defeats the purpose of "entertainment" to me. I LIKE the happy ending, whether reasonable or not, and for that short time, I want to be entertained, not depressed!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

i just saw mamma mia the other night. i thought it was kinda corny. like they wrote the movie around the songs (which i am sure they probably did). there wasn't much to it. the acting was there merely to tie the songs together. there wasn't much detail to it. and pierce brosnan singing...that was agony. he looked like he was in pain! i love disco music, and that was the best part of this movie. so in conclusion, i give it one thumb up.

fnfalman...go see sex and the city. now that was a good chick flick!

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25

Last edited by itgirl; 07-21-2008 at 04:05 PM..
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #19
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

The only way seeing Mama Mia is at all acceptable is in Broadway or similar. Then its like seeing Phantom, Lion King, or other. Otherwise its...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
I am to the point these days I refuse to watch "real life/true story" type movies. Real life is depressing enough, and watching someone else's sad battle for either good or ill in real life defeats the purpose of "entertainment" to me. I LIKE the happy ending, whether reasonable or not, and for that short time, I want to be entertained, not depressed!
I don't mind an unhappy ending where the bad guy wins, actually some of my favorite movies the bad guy wins. Empire is the best of the star wars trilogy, yes I said trilogy because the new movies are not part of the star wars story to me, and it has a bad guy wins ending. I just like an ending. I hate shitty preachy movies where it ends with some kind of artsy ending where you don't know what the fuck to think and there isn't going to be a sequel to resolve anything and it basically leaves you empty and hollow because there is no conclusion and you are just like "WTF!!!!" Into the Wild kinda concluded because the main character dies of starvation, but that was such a shitty end because the mother fucker basically gave up and was like "fuck it I'm done" because of his own stupidity to think Alaska would be a cake walk and he could just go out and live in the wild and not die with little prep.
Quote: