Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
The pain meds were probably much cheaper than the antibiotics.

Nobody wants to be in pain.

It's pretty clear the guy didn't make the right decision here, but the fact that he needed to make that decision, when if he lived in just about any other industrialized nation in the world, he would have been cared for, is what I agree is the tragedy here.
not if he was prescribed a penicillin, but we dont have all the facts here either
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:

It's pretty clear the guy didn't make the right decision here, but the fact that he needed to make that decision, when if he lived in just about any other industrialized nation in the world, he would have been cared for, is what I agree is the tragedy here.
I'll take being in pain over dying... maybe he just liked the buzz better from the pain meds...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I'll take being in pain over dying... maybe he just liked the buzz better from the pain meds...
24 years old? Yeah, he liked the buzz.

I had the same problem this guy had when I was 23. I was uninsured becuase I thought insurance was super expensive. I had a job but had a lot of bills. It hurt bad as hell so I sold a pistol of mine and got it taken care of. I'm 27 now. I bet he had a Xbox he could have sold.

I have BC/BS Tonic plan and pay $110 a month with grat benefits, low deductibles, and it has vision/dental too. People spend more on cell phone bills so they could have hte latest and most bitchin' Iphone.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #14
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

How do we even know that it was told to him, that it could kill him. I bet he wasn't told, nor did he know. Come on boys... he had kids, I bet he was just considering it a tooth ache or similar to a cavity. I don't think he was told the true savarity of the situation.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:

hint: socialized medicine isn't as good as its supposed to be.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #16
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
How do we even know that it was told to him, that it could kill him. I bet he wasn't told, nor did he know. Come on boys... he had kids, I bet he was just considering it a tooth ache or similar to a cavity. I don't think he was told the true savarity of the situation.
I don't know if you've ever had anything like what this guy had. But I have and that shit is fucking major bad news and hurts like a bitch. You really wish you were dead. The pain will go right into your ear and through your face. Infact it probably simulates trigeminal neuralgia (also known as Suicide Disease) becuase I think it works off the same nerve. It's not something you just ignore.

Also, when I had that and called into a dentist about it. He said I should get in right away and told me it is very serious. Granted, at the time I thought it was a dentist wanting to play real doctor and over exaggerating the severity. But I was 23 and tight on money (though it didn't stop me from blowing money on trips to Deal's Gap or booze).
Old 09-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #17
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
What a dumba$$! I know two dentists who would have pulled that tooth for him and if they charged him anything at all, he could have paid 5 bucks a week.

Portraying doctors and dentists as heartless, cash vaccuums is dumb. I also don't believe there wasn't a doctor or nurse in the ER who didn't know a provider tp take care of it.

The County Public Health Dept in Panama City would have treated him long before the infection got that far. They charge on a sliding scale, so if he was un-employed and no medicaid benefits, they would have treated him for free
It cost me $1200 to pull my wisdom teeth and they wanted it all paid up front. I still hear the vacuum.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
It cost me $1200 to pull my wisdom teeth and they wanted it all paid up front. I still hear the vacuum.
This...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Just found out today that I have a wisdom tooth that is impacted and broke, dentist made an appointment for me on the 29th. On the plus side I had no cavaities.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
On the plus side I had no cavaities.
Tell it to the TSA.