Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
ill take all that crap over the weeks worth of intestinial pains Ive been enjoying.
And if I you were dealing with that WHILE this other crap was going on?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
And if I you were dealing with that WHILE this other crap was going on?
Id show everyone whats coming out my back door.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

So I didn't even need to ask, to know the answer

Old 11-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Ugh, I feel your pain. One of my "subordinates" is out for 2+ months for a hernia surgery. (not sure why so long?) So I get voluntold to do his work for him. Finding out that he really hasn't done a damn thing in 6+ months, but I am expected to fix it so it's right by the time he gets back, PLUS do my own work.

Oh, and my supervisor is on half days due to medical, so I'm covering her work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #15
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

What? Yall dont enjoy doing extra work for same pay.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #16
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

So it added four or five extra mouse clicks to your day? I can see why it would bother you.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
So it added four or five extra mouse clicks to your day? I can see why it would bother you.
It's funny how many people where I work think all I do is sit and browse the internet all day while they do "everything." Then they get upset when something doesn't work as intended and I don't know the answer right off the bat. And, the world ends when I'm helping someone else. "You have to be available!" This is true, and I am. It's just I have to be available for everyone in the institution and not just you! And they wonder why those new PCs sitting in the back haven't been deployed yet..

The best part is I'm just an assistant. I can't imagine the stress my supervisor is under.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
In the case of the display system it resulted in me having to drag a 75 pound rack mount computer a Kilometre away where I swapped it for the system the remote tech killed. I then dragged the dead one a Kilometre back to my office where I figured out what he had done to it (incorrect passwords, screwed up RAID configuration, wrong software settings...), and how to fix it. After that I dragged the system a Kilometre away back to the original location, where I swapped it out for my backup system. I then brought the swapper back to my office. All this for special software that I have received absolutely no training on, and yet somehow know more about that the company's support techs.

In the case of the buggered antivirus I humped the system from 4 floors above my office (I'm in the sub-basement) where I backed up the user's data to external drive (about 20GB), then reinstalled Windows XP and the 140+ updates that have been released since SP3. Then I hauled it back up to her office and got it back into service.

Yup, just 4 or 5 mouse clicks.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
It's funny how many people where I work think all I do is sit and browse the internet all day while they do "everything." Then they get upset when something doesn't work as intended and I don't know the answer right off the bat. And, the world ends when I'm helping someone else. "You have to be available!" This is true, and I am. It's just I have to be available for everyone in the institution and not just you! And they wonder why those new PCs sitting in the back haven't been deployed yet..

The best part is I'm just an assistant. I can't imagine the stress my supervisor is under.
Funny thing is that I'm actually surfing right now while simultaneously dealing with three of those display computers I mentioned in order to get them ready as emergency replacements (so that I don't get caught out like the last time). While doing that I also took 6 phone calls for assistance, emailed a supplier, and did the paperwork to close out the work orders I completed today

Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post

The biggest issue with technology folks is a lack of understanding... Nobody understands what you do and when you explain it, you have to explain it like they are 3 years old just so they could follow, and as a result it all sounds super quick and easy. That's why tech departments are generally at the top of the list of shit to cut when it's time to downsize...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote