Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #11
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
I absolutely despise revolvers.
When you're a newb and you forget your safety is on or you don't know how to clear a jammed casing, your life could could be over. More advanced users?... yeah go with a semi auto. Revolvers are easy for the newbs, aim and fire.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
When you're a newb and you forget your safety is on or you don't know how to clear a jammed casing, your life could could be over. More advanced users?... yeah go with a semi auto. Revolvers are easy for the newbs, aim and fire.

well personally, a noob has no business carrying a hangun. get proficient, get alot of range time in, and then maybe.

Giving a noob any gun to carry isn't the brightest idea. More times than not, it goes wrong.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
Lino
speed walker

Moto: Sprint ST

Quote:
I'm not a big girl,
yes you are

Quote:
Springfield XD9 SC
Lino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Shut up, Lino. You calling me a fattie???

I'm gonna knock your pretty Sprint over next time I see you

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

for a carry weapon for a chick - why would you want a revolver without a safety? Seems a bit of a risk for something in one's purse, where they are most likely to carry it. If one cant handle the safety, they probably wouldnt be able to pass the conc. carry class.
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
Ninjakel
Post whorette

If you can't carry it on your person, don't carry. A purse is useless.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Old 12-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #17
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

most chicks I know who carry - put it in their purse, as a traditional womans outfit (tight fitting shirt/jeans) doesnt allow one to easily hide they are packing.
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #18
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I'd suggest something in the .38 caliber range. small but just as effective as a .45 if you're proficient with it. for a small framed lady, a low recoil and easy to control pistol is probably pretty important. IMO, the handbag is a terrible place to carry a firearm, although most girls dont have much of any other place to hide it with what they wear.

a fellow on another forum said it best, a .38 is plenty effective. your foe will just be like awww is that a- then st peter just says DUMBASS!

whatever you get, when you go to the range, use the firearm you intend to carry, otherwise becoming proficient in it's use is an exercise in futility. this is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER. oh yeah, regular practice with the firearm to keep one's skills in tune is also very critical. being able to hit your target and not have to use more than one round to ensure they wont be getting back up is pretty handy in a life or death situation.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #19
Lino
speed walker

Moto: Sprint ST

Quote:
Shut up, Lino. You calling me a fattie???
no.. but you are not a small girl
Lino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #20
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I'm just considering the distances she would (possibly) be shooting from. Anyone trying to assault her wouldn't be any more than a few yards away, probably closer.
People have been known to miss at contact range with a handgun while shooting under duress.

Trying to hold onto a snubnose revolver or a subcompact handgun, try to point and aim it then shoot...it sounds a lot easier said than done.

And I beg to differ from Ninjakeel. Nothing wrong with carrying in a purse as long as the purse is made that way. There are concealment purses that are made with heavy strap and heavy stitching so that if the girl were to wear the purse cross shoulder, the strap wouldn't break if somebody were to try to yank it off. And there would be a slit in the body where she can stick her hand in and yank out the handgun instead of trying to fish INSIDE the purse.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP2.asp?CatalogID=149

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote