Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #11
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
We like Friends as well. What other shows do you hate? I might be missing something good.

James
I couldn't stand Friends. I could never understand why 6 actors who had largely failed on their own, should ever be considered a success in an ensemble. Then again Seinfeld bored me to tears too. You grow up in a city that has a fairly large Jewish population and the Yiddishisms aren't funny, they're everyday.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I couldn't stand Friends. I could never understand why 6 actors who had largely failed on their own, should ever be considered a success in an ensemble. Then again Seinfeld bored me to tears too. You grow up in a city that has a fairly large Jewish population and the Yiddishisms aren't funny, they're everyday.
I liked it. My wife loved the show and still watches it at times. But I get pissed at it at times. I would rather watch another rerun rather then watch that for the 16th time. But I still like it.

I was a huge fan of Seinfeld as well. But since the whole Kramer blow up on stage I have a hard time watching re runs.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #13
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post

Agreed. Friends was a second rate ripoff of BBC's "Coupling", which was much funnier.

JC
Old 12-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #14
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Agreed. Friends was a second rate ripoff of BBC's "Coupling", which was much funnier.

JC
Over the years there have been a whole lot of BBC shows that were remade into something else in America. Some were a massive success. Most just didn't make it.

I was a fan of one British show, Red Dwarf, which ran for a good number of seasons in the UK; either 7 or 8. It was a Sci-Fi comedy with the usual really crappy British special effects, like the sort you expect to see on Doctor Who or Blake's 7. There were two attempts at selling a pilot in the US and both failed miserably. The one that I saw was bloody painful. The only English accent in the show came from Jane Leeves as the computer, but they tried to keep all of the English slang in the dialogue.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #15
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Red Dwarf was the shit, especially in the first two seasons. It seemed to peter out after that, but I loved that show.

JC
Old 12-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #16
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I love House. I watch them all in repeats and look forward to the new ones. It's a bit of a predictable formula, but it's entertaining so it gets a pass. It's hard not to like a guy who gets to treat idiot patients like shit, and rides a motorcycle too. The medical part is entertaining, even if some of it is a little goofed up, but the character interactions are the better part of the show. Except for the whole 13/Foreman thing. That's just fucking retarded and seems incredibly forced.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #17
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Red Dwarf was the shit, especially in the first two seasons. It seemed to peter out after that, but I loved that show.

JC
I'd take it as far as season 3 before it started to fall apart. You can only carry something like that for so long.

Rimmer - Last time I only failed by the narrowest of narrow margins.

Lister - You what? You walked in there, wrote, "I am a fish," four hundred times, did a funny little dance, and fainted.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #18
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

This show was sweet... and it got even sweeter when I saw House jump on a Honda CBR1000RR REPSOL Edition and ride away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64KpnE3sFqk

Something just draws me in how he can be an Asshat to everybody and get away with it, just because he has the smarts.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Nee and I just started watching the show a few weeks ago. Several people have told us how good it is. We just never thought about it untill USA had a House marathon on. We watched 3 or 4 shows back to back. Now we're hooked. Sigh. I don't want to watch any of the new season though. We'll pick up or borrow the older seasons on DVD first to catch up on things.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #20
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Love the show. One of my favorites.

And, not only does he ride, he does it with a cane

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote