Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Leave the blister and let it pop on it's own

No needles, just will increase risk of infection.

Don't peel the skin off if it pops. It protects the new cells underneath and allows proper healing to occur. The skin will shrivel and dry up on it's own with new skin forming underneath. If anything, you can cover it with some gauze to protect you from banging it on anything.

You dont really want to dry out cuts/abrasions/etc. Just clean them and put some polysporin on them for a little while. Cuts/blisters need "wet" areas to allow granulation tissue (new skin) to travel across the wound bed to heal.

How's that for too much info.

Kirsty
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I would just leave the blister alone, it goes away on its on. I know from breaking in uncomfortable heels all the time. If you need to wear shoes over the blister, put a cotton pad and a bandaid over it and socks to keep it in place or wear flip flops.

How do you wash your hair?

Cetaphil is good for dry bathing. Smear it on, and then take a damp washcloth and wipe it off.
Okay thanks for the suggestion! All my feet will fit into right now is crocs(don't judge me, I'm injured) so it is not bothered by shoes.

I wash my hair standing over the sink. I cut it almost all off after the accident, so it's easier to deal with. But sad as all get out that my hair is gone

I still have some 'no rinse' body wash that I jacked from the hospital, but when that runs out, I will give the cetaphil a try. Thanks Gina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Leave the blister and let it pop on it's own

No needles, just will increase risk of infection.

Don't peel the skin off if it pops. It protects the new cells underneath and allows proper healing to occur. The skin will shrivel and dry up on it's own with new skin forming underneath. If anything, you can cover it with some gauze to protect you from banging it on anything.

You dont really want to dry out cuts/abrasions/etc. Just clean them and put some polysporin on them for a little while. Cuts/blisters need "wet" areas to allow granulation tissue (new skin) to travel across the wound bed to heal.

How's that for too much info.

Kirsty
So the nurse says leave it be....I will leave it be Thanks Kirsty!
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #13
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Yay!!! Glad to hear you're home!

You cut off your hair?!?!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #14
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You cut off your hair?!?!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:04 AM   #15
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Most importantly, welcome home! Second off, glad to see that things are going well and that you are lawyered up!

I am a member of the blister needle club but it sounds like you might be better off letting it do what ever it wants.

Please keep us up to date with your progress!

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #16
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Wearing crocs aint gonna help the blister any, you should pop it, one small pinch with a needle, then throw a bandaid with some neosporin on it, and change daily. Your body can only heal so much at a time so you are prolly gonne be open to infection more than usual.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

Send a PM and ask Tommy for an opinion...he might have a little knowledge in that area. The only advice I would give would be to forget about the bike, the bills and everything else connected to the accident, those details will work themself out...and only concentrate on getting yourself healed up. All the rest of it will wait

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Wearing crocs aint gonna help the blister any, you should pop it, one small pinch with a needle, then throw a bandaid with some neosporin on it, and change daily. Your body can only heal so much at a time so you are prolly gonne be open to infection more than usual.
You have to understand that I only put the crocs on when I leave the house. Since I have been out of the hospital (9 days now) I have left the house 4 times The crocs don't even touch that blister, so I don't think it will harm me any

And I can't bend that leg enough right now to throw a bandaid and neosporin on it daily.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #19
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
Send a PM and ask Tommy for an opinion...he might have a little knowledge in that area. The only advice I would give would be to forget about the bike, the bills and everything else connected to the accident, those details will work themself out...and only concentrate on getting yourself healed up. All the rest of it will wait
Great advice...my dad tells me the same thing everyday, but on bad days that is easier said than done I am doing my best to try and get back to as normal as possible, so that the accident just doesn't come to mind regularly.

I am trying to just focus on my physical progress right now. And I really am doing great in that area!

I had forgotten how much snuggling my cats like to do at night Also that the big cat thinks that I need a 7 AM wake up call from her. I am soooo tired this morning!
Old 03-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #20
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Great advice...my dad tells me the same thing everyday, but on bad days that is easier said than done I am doing my best to try and get back to as normal as possible, so that the accident just doesn't come to mind regularly.

I am trying to just focus on my physical progress right now. And I really am doing great in that area!

I had forgotten how much snuggling my cats like to do at night Also that the big cat thinks that I need a 7 AM wake up call from her. I am soooo tired this morning!

Your Dad is a smart man...he probably has an AARP card like I do...For some reason, since getting that card...I realize my Dad wasn't born 40 years old...

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote