Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
No,Tokyo Drift was worse! I wanted to stab not only myself but my friend who owns it and told me it was really good after i watched it.
Agreed.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Ive actually never seen any of the movies, maybe Ill grab the torrent.
Yea, grab them. Be ready for hot chics, fast action sequences, and shallow plot line!!! Its some quick fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
jordana is hot. But i wouldnt let her drive my na1
Dave, she can prolly drive better than you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
No,Tokyo Drift was worse! I wanted to stab not only myself but my friend who owns it and told me it was really good after i watched it.
The only thing i didn't like about TD was the lead actor, Black? He is a terrible actor, and can barely speak straight. I cant believe he lands big roles, i can act better than him (only if i had the looks)! The story is semi interesting though, and Han is the man...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #13
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I liked Drift better then 2 Fast.

I just got back from seeing the new one, and it was actually pretty damn good. There was a solid story with a lot of action and the usual hot chicas.

Spoiler:
Han needed more screen time damn it. I didn't see them killing off Letty, but I guess I should have considering they killed off Han in Drift. It's enough for me to say I want more.. good show.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I liked Drift better then 2 Fast.

Spoiler:
Han needed more screen time damn it. I didn't see them killing off Letty, but I guess I should have considering they killed off Han in Drift. It's enough for me to say I want more.. good show.
THANK YOU!

Spoiler:
Yea, Han did need a bit more screen, but it tied up some of the loose ends for Drift. But, Dom has to get free some how and he has to end up in Tokyo..... theres gonna be another one!!!!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 04-05-2009, 01:21 AM   #15
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Spoiler:
prolly the best of the 4 was this one. They did need to show more Han, but I don't really think that he's really important in the "big story". But it definately leaves you wondering if there will be a #5, and will it be them running from the law in japan with the drift dude? Anyway it definately could be the final part of the whole series and it would be good (although they need to change the # to to 2 instead of 4 and get rid of drift and 2fast).

Last edited by derf; 04-05-2009 at 03:10 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #16
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I saw it lastnight as well since my son wanted to check it out
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Yea, grab them. Be ready for hot chics, fast action sequences, and shallow plot line!!! Its some quick fun.

Dave, she can prolly drive better than you.....

The only thing i didn't like about TD was the lead actor, Black? He is a terrible actor, and can barely speak straight. I cant believe he lands big roles, i can act better than him (only if i had the looks)! The story is semi interesting though, and Han is the man...
i sincerely doubt that 'chop. so last night i found out that while im away at drill my girl went to go see it with my car club! im glad shes cool with my friends but thats still kinda wrong
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #18
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Good action flick, but I wish that there would be more blasting and the Porsche chick in skimpier outfit.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

WTF?????

'Fast & Furious' shatters box office records
Story Highlights
"Fast & Furious" is best April opening ever, and best opening ever for Universal

By Joshua Rich
(Entertainment Weekly) -- In the first truly shocking box office result of the year, "Fast & Furious" sped away from expectations to gross a humongous $72.5 million, according to early estimates from Media by Numbers.

That result is effectively double what most industry observers had predicted for the debut of the fourth feature in Vin Diesel's car franchise, and it left in the dust a number of notable records:

- Best April opening ever, beating "Anger Management's" $42.2 million.

- Best Universal Pictures opening ever (three-day), beating "The Lost World: Jurassic Park's" $72.1 million.

- Best F&F franchise opening ever, beating "2 Fast 2 Furious'" $50.5 million.

- Best opening yet in 2009, easily beating the bows of the more-buzzed-about "Monsters vs. Aliens" ($59.3 million) and "Watchmen" ($55.2 million).

- Best opening ever for stars Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jordana Brewster, as well as for director Justin Lin.

Oh, and let's not forget that it was the best opening ever for a car-themed movie! (Beating "Cars'" $60.1 million.) This outcome is impressive, indeed, something that has caught Hollywood by surprise and has the potential to really change things up -- like when summer-esque blockbusters are released (rarely does one open so early in the year) and like, you know, what everyone thinks of Vin Diesel.

The film did it all on the strength of a solid A- CinemaScore review from an audience that was 57 percent male and 59 percent over age 25. Like the jaw-dropping early-year debuts of "The Passion of the Christ" and "300" before it, this is a history-making premiere that you may well be hearing about for a long time to come.

So, yeah, I almost forgot to mention: "Fast & Furious" was the No. 1 movie at the box office this weekend.

Coming in strong at No. 2 was "Monsters vs. Aliens," which dropped a respectable 44 percent to earn $33.5 million. In 10 days, the 3-D extravaganza has banked $105.7 million.

"The Haunting in Connecticut" (No. 3 with $9.6 million), "Knowing" (No. 4 with $8.1 million), and "I Love You, Man" (No. 5 with $7.9 million) rounded out the top five. And the weekend's other big new release, "Adventureland," struggled with $6 million at No. 6.

Overall, the box office was up a monstrous 68 percent from the same frame a year ago, when holdover 21 outplayed a number of weak new movies, none of which had Vin Diesel ... whom you're going to start hearing a lot about, once again.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Money in the bank!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold