Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #11
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Let me help your memory Tigger, it's the guys running a 200 or 190 rear is a moron argument
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #12
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
What sign running? Oh the rolling stops! Yea, there's not a lot of traffic so... I don't remember giving you a lot of shit about how you ride, what are you talking about? Most of the really good roads are up north where Yammerhaw and those guys live sorry. We plan on filming the trip to the gap so maybe I'll have better vids then. As far as why I had the camera facing my ass, well it's been done before and me and Trip were discussing it in another thread, so I thought I'd try it. Believe me, I'm not impressed either. Oh wait, are we talking about the "don't cross the double yellow" argument? yea, I don't think that a good idea... Or is it the "stunters vs knee draggers" argument? I think both things are the same and knee draggers (on public roads) don't have any right to point fingers at stunters IMHO. Hey, I get in all kinds of arguments, I don't even try to remember them all!
No I'm not starting ANYTHING other than trying to figure out where you come off telling me I'm a moron because my bike has the wrong sized tire. You need not make so many "danged" assumptions.

It looks like you do have the perfect size for that riding. I ride different style roads, ones with turns so having a bike that handles good, would be optimal. Since that tire does not make my bike optimal, I wanted to see if you knew what you were talking about. And I don't really care about your traffic situation, I pass people too, RARELY do I cross the line because I worry about slipping on the paint, which is why I take it to track. But knock yourself out and ride how you want, it's a free country.

It'd be nice to see footage from the Gap, everyone who's ever been seems to have a great time and vids to prove it. Just kinda wondering what the point in your tire argument was since in my ignorance, just can't seem to find it.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Oh "chicken strips", yea I never take the tire all the way to the edge. I have a more point and shoot type of riding style. It's something that I need to work on. I never claimed to be the fastest guy alive or anything. I think I went off on you because you were talking a bunch of wanna be racer bullshit. Anyway, I haven't lived here that long ( plus I hit a deer, which shook me up some! ) so I haven't found any really, really good roads as of yet. I am looking though.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #14
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Let me help your memory Tigger, it's the guys running a 200 or 190 rear is a moron argument
No it's the "MY tire is too flat for my bike and MY STYLE OF RIDING" VS His upright riding argument.

Don't know or care who runs a 200. Although bending the tire down to fit the rim would pretty much produce the same results as just buying the size I'd need however I won't spend the extra $30 to get that 200 rear. I don't want a flat tire on my bike, plain n simple.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #15
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Oh "chicken strips", yea I never take the tire all the way to the edge. I have a more point and shoot type of riding style. It's something that I need to work on. I never claimed to be the fastest guy alive or anything. I think I went off on you because you were talking a bunch of wanna be racer bullshit. Anyway, I haven't lived here that long ( plus I hit a deer, which shook me up some! ) so I haven't found any really, really good roads as of yet. I am looking though.
But I'm not a wannabe racer??? I just want my bike to handle as best it can since I seem to like riding the track alot.

And I assumed a flat(er) tire would hurt the handling.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Oh yea... next post.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
No I'm not starting ANYTHING other than trying to figure out where you come off telling me I'm a moron because my bike has the wrong sized tire. You need not make so many "danged" assumptions.

It looks like you do have the perfect size for that riding. I ride different style roads, ones with turns so having a bike that handles good, would be optimal. Since that tire does not make my bike optimal, I wanted to see if you knew what you were talking about. And I don't really care about your traffic situation, I pass people too, RARELY do I cross the line because I worry about slipping on the paint, which is why I take it to track. But knock yourself out and ride how you want, it's a free country.

It'd be nice to see footage from the Gap, everyone who's ever been seems to have a great time and vids to prove it. Just kinda wondering what the point in your tire argument was since in my ignorance, just can't seem to find it.

Whoa stud! Ok you were the one making the statement that "anyone running a 190 is a moron" not me. Furthermore, you were the guy claiming to have "a special wide rim" that made it necessary for you to use a narrower tire to get the best handling.

What type of riding either of us do, has no bearing on the fact that you didn't know what width rim your bike came with and that you apparently, didn't know what size tire your bike came with because you accused the previous owner of being a "moron" for running a 190/50 on that bike.

You made it a point that YOU know better because you take your bike to the track. I pointed out that the race teams in WSB including the champion Troy Corser ran 200 series tires. I do know quite a lot about motorcycles, about racing and I even know a bit about stunting.

A few YouTube videos don't prove that your rim is "especially wide" nor that you are even right about a narrower tire being better for handling on EVERY bike, EVERY rider or EVERY road. When you change from a 190 to a 180 or 200, you affect much more than just the tire "width". You potentially change the rear ride height, thus affecting the rake and trail to some degree which will effect handling.

As I pointed out in that thread, a lot has to do with the brand/model of tire and how they are constructed. You can have the same sized rim and two different tires of the same "series" and they will have two different circumferences and "straight line" widths. For example, I have BT-016s on my bike at present. I have just received BT-002 RS tires this week. The rear 002 is obviously a more "race" oriented tire in that it has a much more "v" profile that the 016 does. It is going to look "narrower" on the rim and the bike will be taller in the rear which will of course facilitate initial turn in. Hopefully, it won't adversely affect stability at high speed or I will have to alter my suspension set-up and/or riding style to compensate.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
But I'm not a wannabe racer??? I just want my bike to handle as best it can since I seem to like riding the track alot.

And I assumed a flat(er) tire would hurt the handling.

Yep, ASSumed did you? I don't know what brand of tire you have on there but again, depending on the tire, "stretching" a 180 on to a 6" rim can actually cause the tire to be/look "flat. Think about it. I mean, hey go for broke and order a 160 if you want the absolute best handling bike,right?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #19
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Whoa stud! Ok you were the one making the statement that "anyone running a 190 is a moron" not me.
Nope never said ANYONE. Just the previous owner of my bike.

Quote:
Furthermore, you were the guy claiming to have "a special wide rim" that made it necessary for you to use a narrower tire to get the best handling.
Review of the 06 ZX10 said the rim was made wider than the previous year. Never said "special".

Quote:
What type of riding either of us do, has no bearing on the fact that you didn't know what width rim your bike came with and that you apparently, didn't know what size tire your bike came with because you accused the previous owner of being a "moron" for running a 190/50 on that bike.
OMG! I DO know he put the wrong size tire on it.

Quote:
You made it a point that YOU know better because you take your bike to the track. I pointed out that the race teams in WSB including the champion Troy Corser ran 200 series tires. I do know quite a lot about motorcycles, about racing and I even know a bit about stunting.
Ya I can tell by your awesome wheelies.

Quote:
A few YouTube videos don't prove that your rim is "especially wide" nor that you are even right about a narrower tire being better for handling on EVERY bike, EVERY rider or EVERY road. When you change from a 190 to a 180 or 200, you affect much more than just the tire "width". You potentially change the rear ride height, thus affecting the rake and trail to some degree which will effect handling.

As I pointed out in that thread, a lot has to do with the brand/model of tire and how they are constructed. You can have the same sized rim and two different tires of the same "series" and they will have two different circumferences and "straight line" widths. For example, I have BT-016s on my bike at present. I have just received BT-002 RS tires this week. The rear 002 is obviously a more "race" oriented tire in that it has a much more "v" profile that the 016 does. It is going to look "narrower" on the rim and the bike will be taller in the rear which will of course facilitate initial turn in. Hopefully, it won't adversely affect stability at high speed or I will have to alter my suspension set-up and/or riding style to compensate.
K. This was uh, exactly my point. Thanks for reaffirming.

Last edited by TYEster; 04-18-2009 at 01:02 AM..
Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #20
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Yep, ASSumed did you? I don't know what brand of tire you have on there but again, depending on the tire, "stretching" a 180 on to a 6" rim can actually cause the tire to be/look "flat. Think about it. I mean, hey go for broke and order a 160 if you want the absolute best handling bike,right?
Hey you were doing it right? Since I was refering to ALL 190 rear tire owners....

Or not. Ignorant? Pot kettle black.