Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest

Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Moto GP TICKETS ARE HERE!!!! well... actually they're with Rae... but they finally arrived! got all my shit together... I've got one more hike this weekend... and then I'll pack all my crap. I fly out on Wednesday...
and my trip goes as follows

Fly from Inchon at 1645 local to San Fran... arrive at 1135 local

hopefully meet up with my bro for lunch in the air port... during my 3hr lay over

leave SF at 1423... arrive at Den at 1756...

Sit in Denver for 3 and a half hours...

leave Den at 2115 and arrive in Fargo at 0009 on the 28th.

Can't FUCKING WAIT... I'm so stoked...

6.5 days left mother fuckers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03634.jpg (615.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Well... I've got 4.5 hours till I'm officially off work... and 10.5 till I'm in the air! this will likely be the last access I have until I'm stuck in SF for 3hrs and Denver for 4hrs.

So anyways... later

10hrs left!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Well... after a long as wait... the day is finally here... well... ok really it's still 3.5hrs away... but I'm gonna head to bed after I finish this.

I got all my stuff packed... got everything I wanted done to the bike thanks to Cutty for the help mostly finding the bolts after I stepped on the bin containing them and reminding me where I left each tool... yeah.. ADD big time.

did a bit of riding... only a couple hundred miles in the last few days... but I'll surpass that tomorrow alone.

Weather looks good for tomorrow... should be mid 60's to 70's... but more importantly DRY! god knows I'm gonna see my share of rain in a few days when I hit Arkansas and on my way down to Florida.

well here's some Pictures of my bike all packed up....

So wish me luck... I'm off...

Mile 0
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Mile 0-458

Set out at 0800 from my parents in Fargo... fucking cold... 42* with a slight wind... so I wore my jeans under my A* Air Flow pants.... and put the liner back in my jacket.

The trip went very smooth... I can say my Air Hawk Seat pad is worth it's weight in gold... I need to tighten up the Vista Cruise as it doesn't work under 75... and over 75 it will hold... but on a bump it'll slowly slip. But it worked enough to give my right wrist a break.

ND and SD are fucking boring... at least the eastern portion. Flat in ND... little rolling hills in SD... and fucking construction EVERY FUCKING WHERE!

Iowa was better... and so is Nebraska... it's fucking sad when NEBRASKA is a more interesting ride than your state!

anyways... here's some pics.... since not much to look at there... I took pics of my bike... yeah... fuck off

Oh... sporting the Twowheelfix.com stickers

Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #15
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Miles 458-2204

The ride from Omaha to Eureka Springs AR went well... the only mishap was my GPS's fondness for Kansas City... as it created a loop and let me through it again just as my bike started sputtering and I had to switch to reserve. then rode up and down the streets trying to find a gas station... 20 blocks and 1 gas station.. my tank is 4.7 gal... I took 4.658 when I filled up...

Met up with T-Rock in Springfield. Good guy... defiantly chose the right college.. fuck'n hot college chicks everywhere. wished he could have come down to AR and rode with me and Smilieman.

Ahh... Smilieman... yeah... about him... this "dude" is actually a woman... "healthy" as she put it... names Shamone.. but damn... bitch can RIDE...

we logged about 350 miles on Saturday... my first introduction to proper twistys... almost got rid of my chickenstrips... but not quite...

set my alarm for 0500 to make the 900 mile trip to Florida and Rae's. woke up at 430 and fought with myself for 10 mins... realize my tent polls had snapped... and the tent had collapsed on the foot end of me... finally got up... went to take a shower... and yup... no water... so now... a 900 mile trip and I haven't showered for 3 days... 3 hot days of 12+hrs of riding... let's hope Rae likes the au-natural smell of men...

so I head back to the tent... and BOOM a huge bolt of lightening strikes and thunder simultaneously... GREAT! grab my flashlight... pit... pat... pit pat... fuck... even better rain... then 20 seconds later... the skys open up! FUCK!

so I pull my tent up stakes and all and carry it under the covered walk way they had up by the cabins... and pack and take the the tent down there.

realize that I hadn't put my rain covers on my bags yet and it's raining so hard that shit's already soaked through into my clothes.

I got everything packed... threw on my FrogTogs... and rode off... the frog togs work AWESOME! but don't breathe worth shit... so when it warmed up I had to pull off and take them off as I was burning up. It rained for an hour or so... some of the hardest rain i've ever seen... tires worked well... not a single pucker moment. the new HID lights worked awesome as well... fuckers are bright as all hell.

passed a few bikes on my way to Rae's... mostly cruisers... a few sport bikes.... but only in Memphis, and Jackson areas... and once I hit FL. had one dude towing a 1000rr with a chrome stretched swingarm look at me and laugh as I passed him... apparently he thought it odd to actually see someone RIDING a bike.

got to Rae's at about 830 or so.... fuck'n WORN the hell out, and smelling quite ripe. gotta say she's twice as hot in person... and only 1/2 as tall.

but she took good care of me... though I passed out early I'll make it up to ya tonight

gonna ship my tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad to my parents... so I can rid myself of that... note if your camping on a motorcycle... spring for the 2man tent. it's worth it!

pics... to come... need to connect my cam.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #16
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Truman Lake

just getting into AR

Chewy love the twisty's

Smilie man and Chewy
Old 09-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Ok... I'm LONG over due for an update... but I tried one yesterday only to have my browser crash because of Photobucket and I lost everything I typed... so here goes Update part deux

I chilled at Rae's place for two days... first day just trying to get my bearings as I was recovering from the ride down... and the fright that as nasty as Mississippi is... it's my future home for 4 years... but that's another story...

anyways... the first day I slept most of.. woke up to have lunch with Rae... look'n like a fuck'n bum... with my half ass goatee and wearing my only dry set of clothes. (everythign else got soaked before I could put my rain covers on...apparently cortec's bags are made of sponge). after lunch she dropped me off at home and I crashed again ... woke up to hang out with her and Heath as they swapped over her tires for some for the trip.

Heath's a cool mother fucker... too bad he doesn't post here more... he's got alot of knowledge... just not much of a forum person as he put it. look forward to hitting up some track days with him.

the next day I rode to the beach as Rae had a bunch of errands to run so I wasn't gonna catch up with her... I rode all the way down to Panama Beach... but didn't take many pics... just really was enjoying how insane some of the houses were and being lost in thought.

I did stop at a beach just south of Rae... took some pics of Chewy...

I tried to drown Chewy for cock blocking me from Rae

Saw a dolphin… actually a few but only got one decent shot

the next day we got up early... err I got up early... Rae's not a morning person... but we got our stuff ready and set out... around 9 I think.

The ride was... AWESOME... it was my first time riding on a road trip with someone else... so thanks Rae... you were gentle and made it easy

naw seriously though... I don't know if I ever want to ride a long trip alone again... after this trip up and the trip with Ryan, Nick, Kat, and Rae... from Nicks... I felt so alone riding... kept check'n my mirrors for my friends...

anyways... we rode up stopped alot... and took our time.. turned a 9hr ride into a 12 hr one... but I wouldn't have changed it at all... weather was AWESOME save the 30 mins of rain we saw... and 20 of that we were trying to find cover and changing into our rain gear...

but the rain only lasted about 10 mins after we did that so next stop we stripped down to leathers again. We saw some very interesting religious signs in AL... but unfortunately we didn't stop... Next time... next time

Old 09-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

We made it to Trip's about 9ish... it was good to finally meet our fearless leader... shit we've been filling a version of TWF with our bs post whoring for what... 3.5 years now... crazy.

we sat and talked and waited for Katherine. she was due in at 10... at about 1030 she called and apparently decided to go to Indy first to "scout" and was north of Knoxville. Trip gave her directions and said she'd be here around 12ish... around 1230 we got a call from another cell as Kat's had died... and Rae and I set out squid'd up to help lead her the last... .5 miles to trips.

FUCK and I though Rae was short... Kat showed up riding a pocket bike version of Trip's bike... loaded down with midget luggage. but wearing normal human rain gear... we all sat up and bs'd for a while then Nick crashed... and the girls felt picture time was at hand... and tricked me into being topless...

Disappointed that they weren’t going to do the same… I went to bed

we woke up early... ok.. not THAT early... and headed out for the Gap... but seeing as I'm the only one who's got a penis in the group... and so inherently the only one on time... we weren't even finished with our breakfast when Trip was off work.

Had to show the girls where my nipples were

Rae didn’t appreciate me pointing out hers

Trip met us at the restaurant and we headed for The gap.

WOW... those roads were AWESOME... and those are just the roads LEADING to the gap... but as we neared... it started to rain... oh well life goes on... so we stopped and got some gas... and I took some pics

we headed on up to the look out... about .5 miles after the gasstation... the clouds parted and we found ourselves in the midst of a dry run at the dragon!!!