Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Im not a big Consperiacy theory guy myself...but if you red the sites on it calling it a hoax...they bring up very valid points to make you wonder if it did infact happen.
Well, if it were a hoax, why? Plus what about all the following missions, are they hoaxes too? Is it that you don't believe that we are capable of reaching the moon? I guess all of the men who claim to have gone, and are considered national heroes btw, are liars? Isn't it true that people got in a rocket and took off? Isn't it true that they splashed down and were recovered? Do you realize how many people are involved in the space program, not to mention the number of sailors on the aircraft carrier that picked them up. Not to mention that other countries tracked the spacecraft with their telescopes, including countries that we weren't exactly friendly with at the time. I don't claim to know the facts but a film of that type with effects that would be cutting edge at that time would require a lot of people to produce... How did they keep all of these people quiet? Especially the people in other countries? We can't keep people from selling NUCLEAR secrets but you guys believe that the gov't was able to keep all of this quiet? Well, if it was faked, it is by far the greatest hoax of all time.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well, if it were a hoax, why?
We had everything to gain by winning the space race and the timing of it all was just a bit too convenient to be real. If you're really curious read up on it, lots of info out there. I look at it from the point of of view that all politicians are seriously lying, conniving, crooked bastards that couldn't tell a 100% truth to save their life. IF you think the government is capable of lying to the public on a massive scale then you can see it would be easy to pull off.

Personally I don't believe we had the technology to do it back then...and I think even doing it now is a bit sketchy.

But I'm no scientist so what do I know right?
________
Alaska Dispensary

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 08:34 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #13
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Anybody play Area 51 (not the arcade one or the new Blacksite pc one). I'm talking about the one on xbox1/PC with the main character voice is Skully.

One of the levels you find a moon landing set and the data tape were the scientist says they did land on the moon but they horrors they found made them tape a fake landing. LOL
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #14
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well, if it were a hoax, why? Plus what about all the following missions, are they hoaxes too? Is it that you don't believe that we are capable of reaching the moon? I guess all of the men who claim to have gone, and are considered national heroes btw, are liars? Isn't it true that people got in a rocket and took off? Isn't it true that they splashed down and were recovered? Do you realize how many people are involved in the space program, not to mention the number of sailors on the aircraft carrier that picked them up. Not to mention that other countries tracked the spacecraft with their telescopes, including countries that we weren't exactly friendly with at the time. I don't claim to know the facts but a film of that type with effects that would be cutting edge at that time would require a lot of people to produce... How did they keep all of these people quiet? Especially the people in other countries? We can't keep people from selling NUCLEAR secrets but you guys believe that the gov't was able to keep all of this quiet? Well, if it was faked, it is by far the greatest hoax of all time.

Why??

B/c the government can...

And kaneman pretty much nailed what i would have said back...We needed to win the space race...what better way.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #15
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

and what about that video where they were filming a fake moon landing and a light fell down and their explanation was "we wanted to make sure the film equipment worked"
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #16
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

MY one and only question...

In the pictures of the men on moon...

Do the stars just dissappear when you get to the moon?? I mean i would think if you were in space...you would see a shit load of stars in the background.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
MY one and only question...

In the pictures of the men on moon...

Do the stars just dissappear when you get to the moon?? I mean i would think if you were in space...you would see a shit load of stars in the background.
Ok, don't look now, but you ARE in space. Where else would you be?

Light interferes with star gazing from the moon's surface, just like it does here on Earth, (it's 11:25 AM my time, I don't see any stars outside).

Additionally, to capture stars on film from the moon, the exposure would have to be set so high, that all the other objects in your photos, would be washed out, (just like here).

JC
Old 07-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #18
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I think George Bush faked the moon landings himself.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

It's well known that I like to argue about stuff but I'd rather that this doesn't turn nasty okay?

Now, here are my arguments/questions,

1. I know that politicians lie but how did we get all of the "little people" to lie and more importantly to keep this secret for all of this time?

2. How did we get the Russians and the rest of the world to play along? Have you forgotten that other countries, including Russia, tracked the moon mission from start to finish? That we had telescopes that could track the vehicle? Radar?

3. Do you believe that the entire space program is bullshit? Isn't just getting into space the hardest part, with where you go after that being a matter time and supplies?

4. What part of the "technology" do you think we lack? Do you think that we lack the ability to get 3 men into space or do you think that we lack the ability to keep them alive for a week once they get there? Getting to the moon and back was mostly a mathematical and engineering problem. I believe that we have the math and we have the tech to keep three guys alive for a few days... think submarines. Besides we had made the atom bomb, gone supersonic, had lasers, microchips and had nuclear power by this time.

5. The Apollo missions were VERY public and well covered events. We had several failures and quite a few people died in the process. It took years, thousands of people and billions of dollars to make it happen. I honestly don't see it as possible to fake.

Btw it's tough to get pictures of stars depending on the camera and the user's skill. Plus it must have been tough to get any pics on the moon considering the level of photography technology and the brightness. Remember the crew had to wear dark shades all the time because it's so bright there? The stars aren't any closer on the moon and they were on the day side. I'm sure the camera they had was basically a p&s considering that it had to be sealed in some kind of case.

I'm probably stupid but I choose to believe that we did it unless you can provide conclusive proof that we didn't. Not here say, not crazy theories, not third party blather but an honest smoking gun.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #20
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Im with you Tig...

I posted about the Stars as more of a joke than anything...I just find it funny that there arent any in pictures from space...

With that being said...We went in the late 60's and early 70's...Why havent we gone back?? I mean Okay yeah we were the first ones on the moon...but if we went multiple times before...how come not once have we ever gone back...I'd like to see it in my lifetime...