Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Most things that require the intervention of the PD or FD are entirely preventable. Lets use one of the most common of these, motor vehicle collisions, as it would be the most likely to be next in line for fees. Almost all MVCs are preventable, and many times are due to outright negligence of one or both drivers. So why not apply a fee to these people? "Ma'am, if you want me to use the Jaws and get you out of there I'm going to need to see insurance or a credit card!" Here's your $25,000 bill, you're welcome for saving your life.
I agree with this 100%. good thinking.

What if someone decided not to get a job? would you support giving them welfare, because they are too lazy to get a job?
Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #12
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

What if he were playing Ei premiums and lost his job?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I say we let the gene pool clean itself out... let the family rescue thier idiot son if they can find him instead of taxpayers paying for it. I think they have a valid point, the idiot wouldn't have gotten lost if he'd turned around and walked back down the trail. I have little sympathy for idiots though.

Maybe they'll start charging for life flights from Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway for the people that wreck from going too fast

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
What if he were playing Ei premiums and lost his job?
I agree with this too, and if this kid paid his hiking insurance premiums, then the insurance should pick up the bill.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #15
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I agree with this too, and if this kid paid his hiking insurance premiums, then the insurance should pick up the bill.

He paid those premiums everytime the government took their share off of the top of every dollar he earned or spent and then used it to pay the salary of the people employed to rescue stupid hikers.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
He paid those premiums everytime the government took their share off of the top of every dollar he earned or spent and then used it to pay the salary of the people employed to rescue stupid hikers.
Probably not, since he is 17 and hiking, not working.

Besides, I pay those taxes too, and I say if he is dumb enough to get into that situation, leave him there.
Whatever happened to the overwhelming support for personal responsibility on MC forums?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Probably not, since he is 17 and hiking, not working.

Besides, I pay those taxes too, and I say if he is dumb enough to get into that situation, leave him there.
Whatever happened to the overwhelming support for personal responsibility on MC forums?
I'm all for personal responsibility. The kid was an idiot for getting lost. But, he didn't do anything extraordinarily stupid. He got lost. It happens all the time.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

I have no problem with the philosophy of "You fuck up, you pay the bill." If I did dumb shit like this I'd feel differently.. but you know what, I don't do dumb shit and if I did, I'd expect to pay for it. Being a moron has it's consequences and this is the price you pay for being an ass.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #19
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I have no problem with the philosophy of "You fuck up, you pay the bill." If I did dumb shit like this I'd feel differently.. but you know what, I don't do dumb shit and if I did, I'd expect to pay for it. Being a moron has it's consequences and this is the price you pay for being an ass.
That's exactly the problem with our society these days. No one thinks they should take responsibilty for thier own actions. Spill your hot coffee in your lap by taking the lid off in the car...sue McD's. Set your ladder on frozen mud in the morning and fall when it warms up later...sue the ladder company etc. Someone will sue Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki soon for not having airbags like Honda does.

If that kid turned around and sued the park services for not marking the shortcut he wanted to take he could probably win the freakin case these days. (I just hope he doesn't read this )

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #20
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
That's exactly the problem with our society these days. No one thinks they should take responsibilty for thier own actions. Spill your hot coffee in your lap by taking the lid off in the car...sue McD's. Set your ladder on frozen mud in the morning and fall when it warms up later...sue the ladder company etc. Someone will sue Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki soon for not having airbags like Honda does.

If that kid turned around and sued the park services for not marking the shortcut he wanted to take he could probably win the freakin case these days. (I just hope he doesn't read this )
You are a smart motherfucker. Complements are a rare occasion for me... You're ok in my book!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote