Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I doubt that. They want you to pay for your own grave.

And fuck the poor, it's their own damn fault they are poor. Once you are 18 there are endless possibilities on what you can do and you have no excuse. I make $9.50 before taxes and I can manage to pay rent, bills, health insurance, schooling, gas, books, etc because I don't go out and buy the latest and greatest I-phone application then bitch about the $150 a month it would take to have health insurance despite it probably costs what their phone bill probably costs every month. Nor do I drive a brand new car or a brand new motorcycle. My truck and my motorcycle are paid off and I bought older vehicles since it was cheaper. I'm tired of this fucking "what about the poor". Well let them fucking die. Democrats are a bunch of Darwin people right? Only the strong survive? Well let the weak die.

By the way I'm not a Republican and I dislike the Republican party.
Dude, don't take this personally, but if you're making $9.50 an hour before taxes, you are the poor.

JC
Old 07-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Dude, don't take this personally, but if you're making $9.50 an hour before taxes, you are the poor.

JC
I know, yet I have somehow stumbled upon the magical pot of golden health insurance that no one (not even someone making $55k a year) can seem to get. Even when I was 10-99d I had health coverage for $152 a month. The only thing that pissed me off is I had to be covered for alcohol and drug abuse (which I don't do), smoking (which I don't do), obesity (I do triathlons for god's sake) and 10zillion other things that will never affect me (I'm guessing my odds of getting vaginal cancer are slim). Also I couldn't deduct that $152 a month from my taxes since it wasn't through an employer.

People have no excuse to not have health insurance. Just like some fucker in my English class who was wearing an Ed Hardy shirt, Famous hat, K-swiss shoes, and probably Guchi jeans has no reason to bitch about a $130 text book while he was doing some mad texting on his new Iphone.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #13
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
I know, yet I have somehow stumbled upon the magical pot of golden health insurance that no one (not even someone making $55k a year) can seem to get. Even when I was 10-99d I had health coverage for $152 a month. The only thing that pissed me off is I had to be covered for alcohol and drug abuse (which I don't do), smoking (which I don't do), obesity (I do triathlons for god's sake) and 10zillion other things that will never affect me (I'm guessing my odds of getting vaginal cancer are slim). Also I couldn't deduct that $152 a month from my taxes since it wasn't through an employer.

People have no excuse to not have health insurance. Just like some fucker in my English class who was wearing an Ed Hardy shirt, Famous hat, K-swiss shoes, and probably Guchi jeans has no reason to bitch about a $130 text book while he was doing some mad texting on his new Iphone.
Whats your profession? Who is your health insurance provider?
Do you have any savings? (sorry if it's too personal...I know its not an appropriate question but this is the internetz)
Your about 25yrs old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #14
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
People have no excuse to not have health insurance.
Tell that to the insurance companies who won't sell insurance to people with pre-existing conditions, or will find ways to not pay for procedures for people who are too old, or too sick, or too.....poor.

JC
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #15
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:

JC
I know you're trying to be funny, but the boy doesn't take any handouts. Liberals could use a lesson on how to make the buck work.

Quote:
I doubt that. They want you to pay for your own grave.

And fuck the poor, it's their own damn fault they are poor. Once you are 18 there are endless possibilities on what you can do and you have no excuse. I make $9.50 before taxes and I can manage to pay rent, bills, health insurance, schooling, gas, books, etc because I don't go out and buy the latest and greatest I-phone application then bitch about the $150 a month it would take to have health insurance despite it probably costs what their phone bill probably costs every month. Nor do I drive a brand new car or a brand new motorcycle. My truck and my motorcycle are paid off and I bought older vehicles since it was cheaper. I'm tired of this fucking "what about the poor". Well let them fucking die. Democrats are a bunch of Darwin people right? Only the strong survive? Well let the weak die.

By the way I'm not a Republican and I dislike the Republican party.
Agree 100%...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Whats your profession? Who is your health insurance provider?
Do you have any savings? (sorry if it's too personal...I know its not an appropriate question but this is the internetz)
Your about 25yrs old?
I work for a sub-contractor of AT&T. I either dig ditches (usually with a shovel only) or help the large bucket trucks and pull cable or flag for the bucket trucks while in the road. My company uses Blue Cross/Blue Shield and I pay I think $20 a week (need to check my pay stub for accuracy) and $5 a week for dental. Before my new job I paid for 4 wisdom teeth removed 4 different times and it cost me roughly $250 a tooth uninsured. I had Kieser before my new job.

For regular doctor visits I have a $20 co-pay but went to the ER recently becuase it was late and I had flu like sympthoms and my ear hurt like hell. I had a $150 copay there which I made in two payments.

I don't have any savings. I probably have around $400 in my name right now so I am one of those pay check to pay check people. But I am going to evening classes in hopes of one day not being that person.

I have had major surgery too. This was an emergency splenectomy done when I was 20. I was still covered under my parents Blue Cross/Blue shield and it was roughly $40,000 and we didn't pay but a few hundred dollars.

I never had a problem from my insurance company about paying for my stuff. Even with me busting my spleen was from me participating in a dangerous and risky activity such as jumping a BMX bicycle.

I just turned 25years old.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #17
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Tell that to the insurance companies who won't sell insurance to people with pre-existing conditions, or will find ways to not pay for procedures for people who are too old, or too sick, or too.....poor.

JC
If you smoke cigarettes, eat at McDs, and drink a case of beer everynight while sitting on the couch and shooting up some smack then you deserve to die.

Oh yeah, do you think the government is not going to look at the cost of healthcare when they make decisions on who should get what? Do you think when it comes time to give someone a hip replacement that the government is going to look at the 65 year old man vs the 25 year old man and say "Who will benefit the US Government more". They'll know that the 65 year old is done paying taxes and infact is taking tax money away. The 25 year old can get a hip replacement and keep on working and paying taxes. Who do you think is going to win favor when some government beuracrat (and you thought insurance beuracrats where bad) looks at a government flow chart of who should get what based on what they can attribute to the government treasure chest.

Last edited by Smittie61984; 07-28-2009 at 11:39 PM..
Smittie61984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #18
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I know you're trying to be funny, but the boy doesn't take any handouts. Liberals could use a lesson on how to make the buck work.
Not trying to be funny.

It just seems strange to me, that some of people who could probably benefit most from health care reform (hard working, non-new bike buying, going to school, paying their taxes motherfuckers like Smittie) are so resistant to the idea that they should be getting more for their money.

How good do you suppose his buck fiddy insurance is? Good enough for when he's healthy, sure. But then what?

Ok, I know I'm the old guy here. I didn't think about shit like this when I was 20 something either. Why would I why, I'm immortal. Problem is, Smittie isn't. Someday, he might need that insurance to cover his bills, and guess what? It might not. Everything he managed to save by not buying new bikes, will be gone in the stroke of a pen, on a fuck-you letter from his insurance company.

I say these things based on my own personal experience, not on some bullshit political left/right agenda.

JC
Old 07-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
I have had major surgery too. This was an emergency splenectomy done when I was 20. I was still covered under my parents Blue Cross/Blue shield and it was roughly $40,000 and we didn't pay but a few hundred dollars.
Well what do you know, we have something in common. I've been spleen free for 18 years.

Here's the cool part. When you come down with some weird ass disease, some cubicle Nazi in a big glass building, is going to decide that it's your fault for not a having a spleen, and tell you to go piss up a rope.

The really cool part, is that when that happens, some 25 year old kid on the internet, is going to tell you it's your fault for being poor.

JC
Old 07-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #20
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

MY EYES!

I will never look at a Cupcake shitting Unicorn the same again!!!!
>__<