Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #201
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay but it's not an excuse... to be honest though, I wouldn't want to be treated by an EMT that is high... maybe that's just me...
Do you realize that if you could get your wish of never having to deal with people who were under the influence of some random chemical compound that you wouldn't be able to function within society?

You are greatly overestimating the effect some of these chemicals actually have on the central nervous system, thought processes, etc. etc.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #202
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
YES!!! strangely enough, I would like that very much...
Unfortunately for you as well as everyone else that would like that, that only exists in a fantasy.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #203
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Okay but it's not an excuse... to be honest though, I wouldn't want to be treated by an EMT that is high... maybe that's just me...
i'll tell you right now, that if you've been treated by an emt, chances are he is or was high recently. there is a shit ton of pot smokers in ems
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #204
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
But WE are the government, WE made pot illegal in the first place and WE have the power to make it legal anytime we want. Real Talk. Go out and make it legal then, be my guest.
If WE are the government and the majority of US didn't want the health care bill how the hell did that end up passing?

WE are not the government. WE elect people to go represent US in the government. Once they get there WE have nothing to say about what they do until it is time for US to vote again.

Quote:
Heck, go make cocaine legal while you're at it, who cares? Seriously, show me where there's proof that cocaine is any more addictive than nicotine? Caffeine? Etc... You guys kill me, my initial argument is that I don't want people being high at work. Period. You will not change my mind or come up with any plausible justification that I will accept. Seriously.
That was your initial argument, and it was something on which I readily agreed with you. It is some of your other statements and secondary arguments which I take issue with.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #205
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
i'll tell you right now, that if you've been treated by an emt, chances are he is or was high recently. there is a shit ton of pot smokers in ems
Yeah, I know quite a few that do that. My friends cousin goes out on Fire/EMT calls drunk half the time. Fucked up shit.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #206
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Maybe it should, but I didn't see anything in there about someone eating some Skittles and swerving into oncoming traffic and killing a mother and her three daughters on their way home from dance practice. I keep saying, I don't care what you do to yourself. If it were up to me suicide would be legal. I said that I don't wish your habits to endanger me or the people that I care for. Why is that so wrong? How exactly is that impinging on your precious freedom? Does anyone else ever get the feeling that some of these guys ONLY smoke pot BECAUSE it is illegal to prove how edgy and rebellious they are?
Cut the fucking drama shit, Anslinger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z5jkYvKscw

Point is moot. You are more likely to be taken out by a teen on a cell.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #207
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Cut the fucking drama shit, Anslinger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z5jkYvKscw

Point is moot. You are more likely to be taken out by a teen on a cell.
And I never said that's okay either... so if there are teens on cell phones driving on the road then it should be okay for you to drive drunk or high? I don't get it...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #208
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Do you realize that if you could get your wish of never having to deal with people who were under the influence of some random chemical compound that you wouldn't be able to function within society?

You are greatly overestimating the effect some of these chemicals actually have on the central nervous system, thought processes, etc. etc.
Okay let's say that DP is perfectly capable of being an outstanding EMT stoned on pot. Does that mean that every EMT is okay to work high? If even 1 out of 1000 EMTs can't function properly high then none should to it. Imho
Old 07-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #209
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
And I never said that's okay either... so if there are teens on cell phones driving on the road then it should be okay for you to drive drunk or high? I don't get it...
Did you even watch the vid? The whole point is that weed does not have a tangible effect on driving prowess. You keep saying "drunk or high" as if the two are interchangeable and that's just not true. Clearly you are speaking of something you do not have enough experience with to have formed a correct perspective and instead are relying on a basic D.A.R.E. education that most Americans believe to be the truth.

Driving under the influence of THC vs. Alcohol are two completely different things that should not be compared for the basis of your argument that you do not want to work next to "dopeheads."
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #210
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
Oh well that makes it okay then...