Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #221
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea if you call $539 out of pocket working out. WOW!
Compared to losing his license; I would say that worked out. I didn't say $539 wasn't a big deal, but I think he was more concerned about his license.

Plus, in NJ the most f'ed up insurance state in the US, if he got points the insurance on the bike would be ridiculous.

Last edited by zer0t; 09-12-2009 at 07:45 AM..
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #222
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Fred were you in Uniform?? If so people always buy Military guys free coffee when they see men in uniform Well they do at my store anyway...Ad Careless driving has 2 points in the state of New jersey, I've gotten it before...I believe you used Unsafe driving as your plea which is no points but carries a HEFTY Surcharge...Which you stated above.

Either way good to hear you got no points. I should've came in as a witness considering I was behind you guys the whole time and that cop lied his balls off...But you didnt need me anyway
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #223
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
Compared to losing his license; I would say that worked out. I didn't say $539 wasn't a big deal, but I think he was more concerned about his license.

Plus, in NJ the most f'ed up insurance state in the US, if he got points the insurance on the bike would be ridiculous.
Whatever, I see that he's buying a V1 radar detector for his bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #224
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:

He got fucked any way you look at it....just not as fucked as he could've been.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #225
zuuk750
Trailer Queen

Moto: 2009 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Reckless has points careless does not

wrong, careless is 2, reckless is 5- doing the surcharge bit and having the judge reduce it to 0 points is called an unsafe- you have two of those to use.

sorry scooter shoulda read your post first.

cant leave this thread without leaving my opinion:

being LEO, seems as though this guy definately felt like lumber dumping you both. ( I know this is way late, but it is also late ATM, and I'm bored and need to up post count) In doing so he know something would get dropped in court, so make it look like hes out there really enforcing motor vehicle law.

NOW, on to the part that really had me thinking this whole time- the radar issue. In a town I work in I have a large section of 206-4 lane highway. a radar will pick up anything metal that is moving. This includes billboards, and large road signs. (intro to crash course on radar). a radar unit will also give things such as ghost reads, these are hard to explain but in a series of vehicles traveling 55-60mph you will get a blip of 130+, for example, when really noone is really traveling this speed (unless its scooter resorting to his squidly ways). this is caused by reflection, and a bunch of other goofy shit.

to even be able to LOCK on a motorcycle, being that they are so narrow and have significantly less metal than any other vehicle on the road, is very difficult with the exception of a goldwing maybe. at max a radar can read two speeds at once, for there are 2 windows (a regular incoming speed window and a FAST box which is a vehicle that is traveling faster than any other object around it. when a radar unit is activated, it will read whatever speed of the object it is pointing at, so speeds jump around a couple times a second. my guess is that if you two were traveling next to eachother, it is very possible that the unit gathered only one speed. now in this gathering of the one speed, it is also very possible that the "ghost" phenomena that i stated above came into play, where the radar mistakes the object and adds the speed.

seems like a very inexperienced radar operator wrote you guys. I have wrote many speeding tickets, and not lost a single one in court.

end: im glad things worked out for you guys.

Last edited by zuuk750; 09-12-2009 at 10:36 PM..
zuuk750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #226
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Whatever, I see that he's buying a V1 radar detector for his bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
He got fucked any way you look at it....just not as fucked as he could've been.
Ok, just to , this was all I was referring to and nothing else. I should have quoted it the first time to avoid the confusion.

Quote:
They gave me a new court date in sept because I hold a CDL I risk loosing my lic.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #227
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Ok, just to , this was all I was referring to and nothing else. I should have quoted it the first time to avoid the confusion.
There is no hoarse too dead that it can't be beat...
Old 09-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #228
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuuk750 View Post
being LEO, seems as though this guy definately felt like lumber dumping you both.
Yup. We both pulled over, helmets off and were being very courteous, and the guy came at us with an attitude from the second he got out of the car. Right away he started yelling at us as loud as he could. I mean we were both yes sir no sir, and he was all grrrr
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #229
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
My question is who took the pic? Mr. Towtruck driver? On the next episode of Wrecked it's Derf and Dave.
I'm a little slow.. but was wondering the same... then I read who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Yep, loud exhaust draws the wrong kind of attention. It always sound like the biker is going faster than they likely are.
It might draw attention to the cops, but also to other cagers too that aren't paying attention.

Quote:
For the court date?
Anyway I picked up the bodywork, and it is immaculate, perfect, not even scratches on it. Plus the guy gave me the 17" front wheel as an added bonus (and added cost). Although the guy was kind of shady I also got the feeling that there is a possibility of the parts being stolen though He must have had a half dozen bikes in his garage in different states of dissassembly. Je told me that he does custom work on the side replacing parts and such, but I really don't know, I didnt see any custom parts laying around.
As if you needed another thing to go wrong with this whole ordeal. Hopefully the parts weren't stolen.

Quote:
Dave spent $300+ more than me, plus I got no points and keep my liscense. yeh it works, not happy about it, but it works
But didn't you have a lot more damage to the bike that has to get repaired, your cost or not?
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #230
derf
token jewboy

Yeh with the bike parts it was more expensive, but I could have gotten away without replacing stuff, and daves bike would have taken some damage if it didnt already flex easily from the damage he already has.