Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #231
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
http://www.callofduty.com/board/view...lhuta9gkn5vuc1

Finally a party and game searching patch is live. I can join matches much faster now.
Had the day off yesterday when the patch went live and couldn't reach the servers. No big, I went to work on singleplayer. I was very, very excited at the prospect of taking the shot on kennedy. But reading ahead I hear it got pulled? As a professional shooter I'm calling bullshit.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #232
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Had the day off yesterday when the patch went live and couldn't reach the servers. No big, I went to work on singleplayer. I was very, very excited at the prospect of taking the shot on kennedy. But reading ahead I hear it got pulled? As a professional shooter I'm calling bullshit.
Did you expect any different? How would the american non-gaming public look at a game where you shoot one of their most beloved presidents over and over? I cant see it going over that well. The industry is having enough problems in some states (mainly California though) over having such graphic violence, without letting millions of teens and young adults mindlessly do something that shocked, disturbed, and injured a whole nation when it happened.

I get what your saying, and I agree, but Treyarch did what was best for their reputation, and you cant blame them.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #233
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Did you expect any different? How would the american non-gaming public look at a game where you shoot one of their most beloved presidents over and over? I cant see it going over that well. The industry is having enough problems in some states (mainly California though) over having such graphic violence, without letting millions of teens and young adults mindlessly do something that shocked, disturbed, and injured a whole nation when it happened.

I get what your saying, and I agree, but Treyarch did what was best for their reputation, and you cant blame them.
You mean the country that whinges on and on about freedom, rights, and entitlements and then sues and taxes them all away when you say something that offends them? No I didn't expect much different.

Don't get me wrong here, I love the guy too. I'm all about war, tax cuts, and outer space exploration (not to mention exploring marylin) but that event was tailor made to fit this storyline. Hell they even could have gone cheap on it and blacked out the screen with the report of the round and id have been satisfied

If I'm not to blame treyarch, why the outer personality fantasy/command of putting a gun to jacks head in the pentagon?

Last edited by Dave; 11-19-2010 at 12:19 PM..
Old 11-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #234
Apoc

Quote:
You mean the country that whinges on and on about freedom, rights, and entitlements and then sues and taxes them all away when you say something that offends them? No I didn't expect much different.

Don't get me wrong here, I love the guy too. I'm all about war, tax cuts, and outer space exploration (not to mention exploring marylin) but that event was tailor made to fit this storyline. Hell they even could have gone cheap on it and blacked out the screen with the report of the round and id have been satisfied

If I'm not to blame treyarch, why the outer personality fantasy/command of putting a gun to jacks head in the pentagon?
Thing is, I agree with you. Im just saying, we both know the shitstorm that would have ensued if gamers were shooting Kennedy in a videogame.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #235
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Thing is, I agree with you. Im just saying, we both know the shitstorm that would have ensued if gamers were shooting Kennedy in a videogame.
Yeah I know

Noone said dick when dave lister had him assasinate himself in the red dwarf episode tikka to ride though
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #236
Apoc

The whole Mason thing definitely has elements of LHO's life though. Interesting how they tied it all together.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #237
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Theres a pc game/simulator just about takin the shot on kennedy. Of course people found it bad, as a shooter its information. That was a crazy shot.

Youll have to torrent it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #238
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Theres a pc game/simulator just about takin the shot on kennedy. Of course people found it bad, as a shooter its information. That was a crazy shot.

Youll have to torrent it.
I just might

I remember watching a discovery special where they explored all the suggested alternate firing positions and found no good sightline. They then did tests with a professional shooter firing a carcano rifle from ozwalt's simulated position shooting at a watermelon in the back of a lincoln vert. Guy nailed it like 95% of the time.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #239
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Bumping with epicness. I have another one like this somewhere but I don't know where the game put it yet anyone still playing out there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5lATyfuis
TWF Post whore #6
Old 01-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #240
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Still playing it..

Single player was lame, the cut scenes annoyingly long, the story meh and I thought the game was trying to hard to make an "epic" story out of a standard fair on the rails FPS.

Multiplayer is fun but I only play hardcore crouch only TDM with the occasional nuketown bunny hopper fest.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote