Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #241
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I would like to state how much i HATE credit card companies.

I call in to ask about interest rates and such, I am interested in lowering my rates since apparently they increased and the cc companies arent required to notify you they have done so, all part of the fine print. I speak to a representative, he says hold on, lemme see what I can do, comes back says, here it is, I can lower your rate to X if you like, and we also have a nifty thing you can check out that you might be interested in, lemme transfer you. I get stuck on the phone for well over an hour, talking to an idiot, whos program does jack shit for me and I am uninterested in, but they wont let me get off the phone till they transfer me back to the original company. They transfer me, send me to the wrong department, finally get where I need to be, and the lady tells me, okay, based on blah, we have sucessfully suspended your account and it will take 30-40 days for it to update on the credit reports. WHAT THE FUCK???!!!

I ask her why the hell they would do that, she says, well, you wanted a lower interest rate and in order to do so and to help you pay off your debt we have frozen your account till you pay it off. EXCUSE ME??!!! COME AGAIN??!! Basically, the asshole I first talked to decided I needed some additional assistance and decided to take over my account, freeze it so I can pay it off without worrying about using it, a card I DONT EVEN USE anymore as based on my statements and didnt even bother to tell me this.

All because I asked what it would take to get a lower interest rate!!!

Its my emergency card, I dont use it really, but its there if I need it, and you know, sometimes ya need that security, it does have a higher balance than everything else I have, i came out of the divorce with it, but I pay all my bills, on time and more than minimum so for them to just arbitrarily freeze my shit because they feel like it and not notify or disclose this really pisses me off...i think I will be talking to the BBB on this one, b/c I am pretty sure that what they did is in no way shape or form standard procedure or even legal. I didnt know the terms, I didnt sign anything and to bind me to something without disclosing the full terms cannot be legal.

Assholes...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #242
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

I have been there. I could type till my fucking fingers fall off telling you all the crazy shit I have endured with credit card companies....lucky I have some good companies now....good luck tho
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #243
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Damn, Rae. Cut that card up. The best CC is none at all.

I haven't had a CC in over 4 years and don't miss them. Once you get rid of them, you really do realize that you really don't need them.

Hope you're able to get that BS straightened out.

And Neebs, I totally feel your pain at the grocery store. That's why I'm thankful the one near me has self checkout. Usually the tards that still write checks are the same tards that refer to the computer monitor as the "modem" and hate anything automated or electronic. So typically I don't have to deal with check writers in the self checkout line.

Last edited by Audiomechanic; 06-20-2008 at 09:56 AM..
Audiomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #244
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Ok... First... let me say I could give a fuck if I get awards... I specifically ask NOT to be put in for awards because any more it doesn't really matter what you do durring duty hours... it's what's done after duty hours that counts... and though I can understand that to a point... it's gotten to the point that no matter WHAT you do, if you don't go to school after work, you will not win... if your even submitted.

Second, I don't need the ego blow job... I don't need an award so everyone will kiss my ass... I do my job... I do it well... people specifically by pass other members of my shop just to deal with me because I am good at my job. Rarely is there a trouble ticket accomplished here that I don't take part in, wether it be me accomplishing it start to finish, me taking over for someone screwing up, or just giving advice to the person working it. I'm motivated by me just wanting to be good at what I do.

now on to my ACTUAL Rant.

My co worker won NCO of the quarter last quarter... Awesome... she's an outstanding NCO... not the greatest Systems person... but a quality NCO... she goes to school, is very involved in the squadron, and is the base 5/6 club (club for E-5 and E-6's, that's rank for you civilians) and helps out the community. I was happy for her.

She just won PACAF (Pacific Air Forces Command) Medical Information Systems NCO (non commissioned officer ie E-5 and E6) of the Year. WHAT THE FUCK... this chick litteraly was on the phone with me asking me how to add a computer to the domain the exact moment I got the e-mail saying she won. Adding a computer to the domain is something we do FUCKING DAILY. and she had NO IDEA how to fucking do it. She is the ABSOLUTE WORST Systems tech. I've ever worked with. I seriously took over ALL her work orders because she didn't know how to do them... so now, her ENTIRE JOB is to do inventory... which normally is an additional duty but she makes it her 7-5.

I'm so fuck'n frustrated because it's shit like this that just blows my mind... and above that... I just saw the package that she won with... EVERY... I SHIT YOU NOT... EVERY DUTY BULLET was copied OFF MY EPR (Enlisted Performance Report... Annual report card basicly) fuck they even fucked up and didn't change HE to SHE on a couple of them!

My OIC (officer in charge) had the gull to come up to me after and say "Your next" I simply replied "fuck that... I'll go get arrested to make sure I don't"

god damn it... I can't fuck'n stand people taking advantage of shit I do. I make sure I give credit where it's due... I have an Airmen who if it wasn't for his attitude, probably would be one of the top Airmen in the Air Force... dude is shit hot... but has an attitude that just doesn't fit the Air Force.

Like I said... it's one thing for her to be named NCO of the quarter for the Medical Group.... because that encorporates what she does in and out of work... and she is... a very well rounded NCO...

but she is THE FUCKING WORST Medical Informations Systems Tech I've ever met... and worst of all... she doesn't care... doesn't TRY to learn anything... just tasks my airmen with the shit she doesn't know. or passes them off on me saying they asked for me. (back fire on the fact that 90% of the time they do)

Good thing they don't have a nursry in my building... or I'd be elbow deep punch'n babies.

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:14 AM   #245
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

MOTHER FUCKER... even better... she just got two 4 day passes... one from our OIC (officer in charge) and one from our commander.

one benifit is I will have 8 days less of fuckups and pathetic reasons why she can't accomplish a simple tasks
Old 11-26-2008, 02:33 AM   #246
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

and hey if you're next, u get to make her sweat for 8 days cuz doesnt have a clue what the fuck shes doing.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #247
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Ah, good, this thread needed a BUMP for the newer members to enjoy...
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #248
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

You know what really grinds my gears?

People bitching about what grinds their gears, like I really give a flying fuck. Wait a second...
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #249
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
and hey if you're next, u get to make her sweat for 8 days cuz doesnt have a clue what the fuck shes doing.
no cause I made sure everyone in my chain knows I don't want to be put in. and I leave in Feb... so I'll be gone by the time results come back... her award was for the YEAR it was put in prior to October 1st. they just decided.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #250
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

I hate going somewhere and dealing with the mush-mouth, cant understand them, pants below their asses at work, 5th grade education, no ambition, 5 kids before 20, hate people that expect service, airsoft gun in their myspace photo, taco bell workin and has a 10 pound gold medallion on their neck, dont listen to shit, swearin at the counter, laughin at my step daughter(kinda emo), lazy gangsta wanna be fucktards! AND NO! ITS NOT A GIXXER AND I DONT FUCKING STUNT...YO!!!!!

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote