Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #251
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Oh I totally agree as I stated with my recent expierence. The towing comp F'ed up.
You are totally wrong, you damn al qaeda loving nazi communist scientologist!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #252
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Glad to hear something finally went your way!
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #253
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
You are totally wrong, you damn al qaeda loving nazi communist scientologist!

You going to pay for that in a couple more weeks! FOUCKER!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #254
derf
token jewboy

pay! ha! I aint paying for shit
Old 09-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #255
derf
token jewboy

So the drama continues, I just got a letter from their lawyer saying that they will offer me $500 to settle it or they are appealing it. Fuck I wanna burn this place down.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #256
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

you gotta be kidding me...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #257
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Tell them you'll take $1,000 and be done with it. I believe that will cover your expenses, the tow company obviously doesn't deserve to pay for your court costs from your tickets. As I remember it, you paid less than that to fix your bike so it's a win. To expect the tow company to pay for your tickets is ludicrous. IMHO.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #258
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Tell them you'll take $1,000 and be done with it. I believe that will cover your expenses, the tow company obviously doesn't deserve to pay for your court costs from your tickets. As I remember it, you paid less than that to fix your bike so it's a win. To expect the tow company to pay for your tickets is ludicrous. IMHO.
What I asked for was the cost of repairs as quoted by a shop. The estimates I got were all close to $3k. The judge awarded me 1/2 of that. They then offered 1/6 the cost of the quote for the repairs. What I really wished for was for thier insurance info. Right now they are trying to scare me into minimizing their losses.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #259
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
What I asked for was the cost of repairs as quoted by a shop. The estimates I got were all close to $3k. The judge awarded me 1/2 of that. They then offered 1/6 the cost of the quote for the repairs. What I really wished for was for thier insurance info. Right now they are trying to scare me into minimizing their losses.
Yea and in true Jew fashion, you're trying to get more from them than it cost to fix your bike! Of course it's all up to you but $1,000 in the hand is better than waiting another 2 or 3 months imho. I'm sure that you will win an appeal but that's more time and effort on your part. If you really wanted to get paid for the damage you would have claimed the accident to your insurance company and then they would have gone after the towing company. Unless you don't have full coverage...

Hey, I'd love to see you get over on these assholes but it's like you EXPECT to get more than you deserve/need, The bottom line is that you did whatever it was that caused the officer to pull you over and you didn't have the proper paperwork. Those expenses are yours and yours alone. It cost you $400-500 to fix the damage they did and you bought another front wheel to bring it to $600. If you get $1,000 out of them, you are still ahead imho. In your own estimation, you came out "ahead" in your traffic court deal.

Regardless of what you do, I honestly wish you the best of luck!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #260
derf
token jewboy

No, I dont have full coverage, and my insurance company did try to get their insurance info from them, but they wouldnt give it to them.

Actually I'm more interested in punishing them because it was more than just my bike that was damaged. Daves bike was damaged, and when we first showed them the damage we were threatened and treated like shit and accused of trying to claim damage that was already there.

If you search hard enough you can find plenty of cases where tow companies damage vehicles and don't own up to the damage forcing people to take them to court. Most people don't have the pictures that I have so they can't do much legally. I did find one case where the guy sued, won, then the tow company appealed lost their appeal, and still refused to pay the guy. Eventually he had a lien placed on the business, eventually the guy had the business shut down.

Not only that, the $500 doesnt nearly cover the cost of fixing the bike and court cost from suing to repair it. It cost $150 to sue, plus the tolls there and back, parking, plus gas there and back, add all that in and it cost me almost $800.