Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #251
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
not orders... permissions... access... to... hookup peoples printers, outlook, you know... the stuff that makes women's panties wet
Except for the panties, I am suddenly disinterested cause it reminds me of what I do.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #252
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Except for the panties, I am suddenly disinterested cause it reminds me of what I do.
yeah I'm just the IT help desk but at the moment I have no admin rights... so I can do like 1/10th of my job... but the thing is they just started up a centralized helpdesk to handle all the issues I can take care of with out adminrights over the phone... So basicly... I have no job

And the next "class" for me to get my admin rights... APRIL! WTF...
Old 03-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #253
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah I'm just the IT help desk but at the moment I have no admin rights... so I can do like 1/10th of my job... but the thing is they just started up a centralized helpdesk to handle all the issues I can take care of with out adminrights over the phone... So basicly... I have no job

And the next "class" for me to get my admin rights... APRIL! WTF...
So you're getting paid to

I envy you. On a whole new level of envy. If you had a breast in one hand, the mouse in the other, and a steak in your mouth, I would declare you king.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #254
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Quote:
I'd love to do what you do, SC. Just more on the audio side than the lights, but it all looks fun. How'd u get started being a lighting tech?

I've been doing theatrical lighting since HS. Then I started doing local crew stuff around Ohio (mostly at the Schottenstein Center) and got more into the lighting side of that. Then I kept asking the roadies that came through how they got started and one of them said the company they worked for was hiring.

that and Craig from Zee photos helped hook me up also cause he first turned me on to the company (Bandit Lites) So I can offically say that motorcycles helped me find a job...

Last edited by psychochild28; 03-02-2008 at 07:05 PM..
Old 03-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #255
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychochild28 View Post
I've been doing theatrical lighting since HS. Then I started doing local crew stuff around Ohio (mostly at the Schottenstein Center) and got more into the lighting side of that. Then I kept asking the roadies that came through how they got started and one of them said the company they worked for was hiring.

that and Craig from Zee photos helped hook me up also cause he first turned me on to the company (Bandit Lites) So I can offically say that motorcycles helped me find a job...
Friggin awesome. Like I said, I would love to get heavy into the sound portion of it. Running sound for the small time dance production that I volunteer for is an absolute blast. I can't even imagine what doing a large show is like! I probably need to go back to school at least to get certified in audio,but I don't have the time or money now.

Oh well. Such is life.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #256
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Quote:
Friggin awesome. Like I said, I would love to get heavy into the sound portion of it. Running sound for the small time dance production that I volunteer for is an absolute blast. I can't even imagine what doing a large show is like! I probably need to go back to school at least to get certified in audio,but I don't have the time or money now.

Oh well. Such is life.
honestly try doing local crew at venues around you. It's just setting up the equipment but you'll meet amazing contacts.

not that this helps much but this is kinda what i'm talking about
http://houston.craigslist.org/cwg/552915791.html
Old 03-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #257
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

word up nukkas.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #258
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
word up nukkas.
A giraffe's balls foo.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #259
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychochild28 View Post
honestly try doing local crew at venues around you. It's just setting up the equipment but you'll meet amazing contacts.

not that this helps much but this is kinda what i'm talking about
http://houston.craigslist.org/cwg/552915791.html
Much love! You are a wealth of good knowledge, PC. Perhaps you're not nearly as psycho as your name infers....

That's a great idea though! One thing I'm great at (perhaps a little too good...) Is talking and relating to people. I never know who I'll meet.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #260
t-homo
WSB Champion

What up guys? Haven't gotten any postwhoring in today cuz I was working on the damn tree since I got up at 10. Probably start again around 9 until midnightish.

Midwesternrr, good to see you made it over here bud. Mizzou's representin.
Closed Thread