Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #261
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
No, I dont have full coverage, and my insurance company did try to get their insurance info from them, but they wouldnt give it to them.

Actually I'm more interested in punishing them because it was more than just my bike that was damaged. Daves bike was damaged, and when we first showed them the damage we were threatened and treated like shit and accused of trying to claim damage that was already there.

If you search hard enough you can find plenty of cases where tow companies damage vehicles and don't own up to the damage forcing people to take them to court. Most people don't have the pictures that I have so they can't do much legally. I did find one case where the guy sued, won, then the tow company appealed lost their appeal, and still refused to pay the guy. Eventually he had a lien placed on the business, eventually the guy had the business shut down.

Not only that, the $500 doesnt nearly cover the cost of fixing the bike and court cost from suing to repair it. It cost $150 to sue, plus the tolls there and back, parking, plus gas there and back, add all that in and it cost me almost $800.

Ummm... I said settle for $1,000.... Btw you mentioned Dave's bike as being part of your motivation... does that mean you're gonna give him part of the money? Besides, you're kinda making my case in a way, you could fight and fight for more money and come away with nothing. If you get $1,000 out of these guys with no further effort...WIN!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #262
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

No but i offered to pay for his hotel bill for the NE rally, and I helped him straighten out his front and rear wheel.

I'm prolly gonna use the $$$ to put a new roof on the house
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #263
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
No but i offered to pay for his hotel bill for the NE rally, and I helped him straighten out his front and rear wheel.

I'm prolly gonna use the $$$ to put a new roof on the house
its true he did, i passed however.

im still not convinced we did anything worthy of being pulled. pretty sure i saw our bike hating friend sitting outside my train station the other night. took...quite an effort not to say anything
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #264
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
its true he did, i passed however.

im still not convinced we did anything worthy of being pulled. pretty sure i saw our bike hating friend sitting outside my train station the other night. took...quite an effort not to say anything
Oh I don't know but you all know that technically the cops can pull you over without any reason and ask you for your license, right? You have to recognize that not having your shit together was not the cop's fault right? Plus it may have contributed to his harshness with you. I've been pulled over several times and I get out all of my paperwork and the cop lets me go. I'm sure that you realize that if all of your shit would have been straight, things could have gone differently.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #265
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh I don't know but you all know that technically the cops can pull you over without any reason and ask you for your license, right? You have to recognize that not having your shit together was not the cop's fault right? Plus it may have contributed to his harshness with you. I've been pulled over several times and I get out all of my paperwork and the cop lets me go. I'm sure that you realize that if all of your shit would have been straight, things could have gone differently.
Nobody is arguing with you on the reason we got towed int the first place. BUT the cop was a dick from the get go, before either of us said anything, after we had removed our helmets, when the cop first walked up to us he started to yell at us. Without us saying anything he had an attitude, and even after neither of us did anything but comply with everything he said he gave us attitude, talking about motorcycles flying off bridges and people plummeting to their death. And generally cops around here are dicks, and I'm pretty sure they need a reason to pull you over.

Last edited by derf; 09-26-2009 at 11:58 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #266
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Fuck the tow company derf. Tell their lawyer to eat a bag of dicks. If they appeal you'll still win.

And Tigger I look at the estimate of repairs the ultimate legal paper. If derf repairs it for less by using used parts and shit. That is his call, but he still deserves the full quoted shop repair cost.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #267
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Fuck the tow company derf. Tell their lawyer to eat a bag of dicks. If they appeal you'll still win.

And Tigger I look at the estimate of repairs the ultimate legal paper. If derf repairs it for less by using used parts and shit. That is his call, but he still deserves the full quoted shop repair cost.
I talked to my lawyer today, and he said it could take 9 months to 2 years to go through the appeals process. He also said that he is going to find out the reason for an appeal from the looks of it there is nothing that I did wrong, but if there is a real reason for the appeal I may be better just quitting now. Basically this is just a power play on their part to see if they can wait me out

Last edited by derf; 09-28-2009 at 12:08 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #268
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I talked to my lawyer today, and he said it could take 9 months to 2 years to go through the appeals process

I know and it's all I'm trying to say... that and go get full coverage, keep your shit together and be more careful where you decide to fuck around.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #269
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I would let it drag out over principle. For me that would make me go thru what ever appeals I have to.

Honestly though... that's how the real big suits always go. At least you arent major majorly put out.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #270
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

When I hit a deer last year, the bike shop made up a quote for over $9,000 to fix my bike, I repaired it for less than $2,000. If he had full coverage he would have got the inflated amount. He didn't. I'm not saying that the towing company doesn't owe him for damaging his bike. I'm saying that if he gets enough money to cover the ACTUAL repair costs, he'll be doing pretty damn good imho.